Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rhino Aluminium Skin

Vladokapuh

Can you please stop using that ugly aluminiumlike texture on iron skin? Can i please finally see my frame with colours i've chosen for him?
Just instead of using that texture when we use Iron Skin, make him add another layer of properly textured armor (will use our colours) that will him look bulkier and tougher. I would even accept something as ridiculously big as space marines armor (just the size and bulkiness i mean, not copying one)
Please..?

[EDIT]: I'm mostly looking for proper look on it. Either remake or just a fix, but seeing my colours would be nice too.

Edited by Vladokapuh

While I agree the iron skin now with wart like bumps is not aesthetically fantastic, I do not think it is on their high priority list right now.

If you look at the iron mineral, you will see it does look like tinfoil  or aluminum which is probably what DE are going by at the moment.

Maybe some ideas with images would help?

I personally would like a cast iron look rather than anything else.

I really like the new Iron Skin aesthetic.  Besides, you get to see your customized colors as you take more damage (which, I might add, is an ingenious way to let players know when the ability will soon break). 

What I still have a problem with is the inherent scaling of the ability (or, in other words, the lack of it).  At low levels, it is literally god-mode.  At high levels, it is borderline useless. 

I really like the new Iron Skin aesthetic.  Besides, you get to see your customized colors as you take more damage (which, I might add, is an ingenious way to let players know when the ability will soon break). 

What I still have a problem with is the inherent scaling of the ability (or, in other words, the lack of it).  At low levels, it is literally god-mode.  At high levels, it is borderline useless. 

It never works for me. Sometimes texture is gone just when i cast it. Sometimes im still fully covered in Iron when iron skin is about to wear off.

Havent seen it being accurate, not even once.

Also there can be some additional lights added along with more armor parts, that would change colour based on how much more it can take.

Can you please stop using that ugly aluminiumlike texture on iron skin? Can i please finally see my frame with colours i've chosen for him?

Just instead of using that texture when we use Iron Skin, make him add another layer of properly textured armor (will use our colours) that will him look bulkier and tougher. I would even accept something as ridiculously big as space marines armor (just the size and bulkiness i mean, not copying one)

Please..?

It has been changed many times and well it can't satisfy everyone.

It never works for me. Sometimes texture is gone just when i cast it. Sometimes im still fully covered in Iron when iron skin is about to wear off.

Havent seen it being accurate, not even once.

What video settings are you running?  Is your graphics card struggling to render the game? 

Evrything maxed, local reflections disabled(i dont like them).
I cannot disable it when i want to, so usually after fights some of it is left, and i cant see my warframe in my chosen colour.
It looks good in comparision to older version, but still looks like they made it too quickly, it looks random, it doesnt cover some parts properly (esp. helmets)
It could look good if dont properly, but its not, and it doesnt look good.

That is a graphical glitch. There is no way to see how much damage absorbation you've got left... unfortunately.

Really?  I could have sworn that was in the patch notes as intentional.  Whether it works for most people, I cannot say (I have noticed some strange glitches with it). 

Really?  I could have sworn that was in the patch notes as intentional.  Whether it works for most people, I cannot say (I have noticed some strange glitches with it). 

I thought so too at first. But then I noticed that occasionally it would look like that from the very get-go i.e when I still had 100% absorbtion left. It just appears to be a graphical glitch where it only loads the bumps and not the liquid metal effect. 

The current look is awesome. It's your problem if you run around with it 100% of the time, and more importantly it's problem of DE that they made it last forever.

If Iron Skin had a time limit AND still worked as it does now it wouldn't be worth using.

Edit: Why are you guys arguing over something that amounts to personal preference? I liked the original look the most, not everyone feels the same and I respect that. Not everyone is going to like this new wart-covered look. Get over it.

Edited by SquirmyBurrito

That is a graphical glitch. There is no way to see how much damage absorbation you've got left... unfortunately.

Do you have a Rhino? I have one and I can confirm that the tinfoil effect does, indeed, wear off as your Iron Skin takes more and more damage.

Do you have a Rhino? I have one and I can confirm that the tinfoil effect does, indeed, wear off as your Iron Skin takes more and more damage.

Of course I have a Rhino. And I can confirm that that it is a graphical glitch that causes the "bumps" to load without the liquid metal effect. It is not affected by damage taken; I will often get it directly when I re-cast Iron Skin - at which point it has 100% damage absorbation left 

Of course I have a Rhino. And I can confirm that that it is a graphical glitch that causes the "bumps" to load without the liquid metal effect. It is not affected by damage taken; I will often get it directly when I re-cast Iron Skin - at which point it has 100% damage absorbation left

Must be just on your end, then, 'cause it's working exactly as intended on mine. The bumps remain for the entire duration, but the metal coat wears off as IS depletes.

No, you're wrong. This has been discussed to death. It is a graphical glitch.

What I would like to know is whether the design team intended it to decay with damage and it is simply glitched, or if the design team never tried to implement that at all and players simply assumed it did (due to said glitch).  That would determine whether we should report this as a glitch in the bugs forum, or add this as something that should be added in the feedback forum. 

Also, I agree with what you said earlier.  The liquid metal effect looks beautiful when it is covering the entire body (like it is supposed to). 

Maybe you have some problem, because i can clearly see small parts of effect being scattered all around body, it does not entirelly cover some parts, and there are little pieces of this effect too. Looks like he has some sort of mettalic rash. Also look above his shoulder, its so pixelated it hurts my eyes.

I'm not even talking about personal preference. If you like looking like chocolate in tinfoil, your decision. I am talking about QUALITY. This effect is made poorly. Terribly poorly. Ill take more screenshots later. and i will highlight some parts for you. If you will still say that this effect is made properly, i will just assume youre blind.

edit: im sorry to sound so mean, but it gets me mad, when something is clearly terribly made, yet people argue its fine. I dont even have to zoom in to see that effect looks wrong, and is scattered all over.

Edited by Vladokapuh