Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Long Throwing Weapons Are Going To Be Op?

AlienOvermind

I know people here love to use overpowered weapons and to cry "DONT NERF, MAKE OTHER WEAPON AS OP AS DESPAIR", but really, why throwing weapons are so overpowered? Armor ignore, almost non-existant reload, full-auto - is it a joke?

In my opinion, all throwing weapons should be semi-auto and have small magazine (about 2-5). It's just throwing knives/shurikens and not machineguns, full-auto is completely out of place here. And with reload being too fast small magazine is a must.

Edited by AlienOvermind

They need to be made semi-auto. It doesn't make sense making them full auto. With guns it is obvious since it's the mechanical parts inside that cause them to auto fire while you can hold the trigger but with throwing weapons you don't freaking hold a trigger down continuously.

How long are people going to use different colours and/or fonts to make themselves feel special? I have a bad feeling about those people tbh...

I dunno, I think 'being special' is incorrect. Maybe I'm just more used to posting in orange on forums with dark backgrounds, having been doing that for 5 years now. I have a bad feeling about people who make weird assumptions tbh...

They should have a damage nerf

No, simple damage nerf is kinda wrong. It's just all weapons have some drawbacks: machineguns have slow reload and high recoil (like gorgon), powerful weapons have low firerate (like orgis), shotguns are effective only on small distance. And throwing weapons have no drawbacks and that's kinda unfair. So, semi-auto and small magazine size would be enough to make it normal weapons, not a faceroll weapons.

Edited by AlienOvermind

How long are non-throwing and primaries going to be UP? I have a bad feeling about armour2.0 tbh...

From what I've heard about they're plans for U10, it will either make the majority of weps viable for use or make Crit Weps God Tier and everything else okay at best. So if that happens throwing weps will indeed become UP.. and like 6~ Weps will actually be used anymore.

If they change the way armor works it could be a crushing blow to all the knives. Despair could be hardcore nerfed if it can only do damage on things that have armor due to it's armor piercing damage. The other knives will lose a lot of their luster if most targets are unarmored or can be hurt by certain elements.

Wait till the 2.0 armor update, these weapons are sure to be amongst the most effected weapons types.

They need to be made semi-auto. It doesn't make sense making them full auto. With guns it is obvious since it's the mechanical parts inside that cause them to auto fire while you can hold the trigger but with throwing weapons you don't freaking hold a trigger down continuously.

I would rather DE make them auto so they are able to cap the fire rate. I will just use a macro anyway because I am not interested in wearing out my mouse or my fingers. I will not use akbolto again because of the semi-auto crap and needing to spam it.

Edited by LazyKnight

The throwing knives are indeed excessive and yes players out there do like it as much as pressing 4 and using Nova most if not all of the time.

I would like to see a nerf done to the throwing knives.

Non automatic and speed nerf.

Not the base speed but the percentage at how much Fury mod can speed up the throwing speed.