The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Last post wins

Mr.ElevenXI

Well, holy crap:

Possible Murder-Suicide at University of South Carolina. Details to come.

http://www.wistv.com/story/28035243/shots-fired-on-usc-campus

COLUMBIA, SC (WIS) -

University of South Carolina officials say the threat is over after shots were fired on the campus Thursday afternoon. SLED confirms two people were shot and killed.

SLED says the shooting appears to be an isolated incident and the incident was a possible murder-suicide. 

Police from several agencies were called to respond to a report of an active shooter just after 1 p.m. Thursday. Berry says there was no threat of an active shooter. 

A campus-wide alert was sent to students at about 1:20 p.m. Thursday afternoon through CarolinaAlert. The alert said shots were fired at the Arnold School of Public Health on Assembly Street near College Street. About an hour later, the CarolinaAlert system sent out another message saying the threat was over.

Just...damn.

Why does all this have to happen during the worst possible time? Faith in humanity, please remain.

Well, holy crap:

COLUMBIA, SC (WIS) -

University of South Carolina officials say the threat is over after shots were fired on the campus Thursday afternoon. SLED confirms two people were shot and killed.

SLED says the shooting appears to be an isolated incident and the incident was a possible murder-suicide. 

Police from several agencies were called to respond to a report of an active shooter just after 1 p.m. Thursday. Berry says there was no threat of an active shooter. 

A campus-wide alert was sent to students at about 1:20 p.m. Thursday afternoon through CarolinaAlert. The alert said shots were fired at the Arnold School of Public Health on Assembly Street near College Street. About an hour later, the CarolinaAlert system sent out another message saying the threat was over.

Just...damn.

Why does all this have to happen during the worst possible time? Faith in humanity, please remain.

This makes me sad :(

I'm just gonna post a comic strip cause that last thing snydrex posted is depressing:

110_ch_money.gif

Hey, Blame the message, not the messenger. >_>

When I was a kid, I would always look forward to Garfield and Calvin and Hobbes in the Newspaper. Now that I look back on it, Some of the things I never got as a kid were completely dirty.

Well, holy crap:

COLUMBIA, SC (WIS) -

Just...damn.

Wow.  

I found a potential counter to replace the sadness with stupidity.

Senator Thom Tillis: Restaurants shouldn't have employees wash hands.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/in-the-loop/wp/2015/02/03/the-next-public-health-debate-hand-washing/?tid=sm_fb

Once we’re done debating whether children should be vaccinated, we can move on to other pressing public health questions, such as whether eateries can force their employees to wash their hands after they use the bathroom.

At least one freshman U.S. senator thinks, “nah.” Because freedom.

Sen. Thom Tillis (R-N.C.), at the end of an appearance Monday at the Bipartisan Policy Center, volunteered a story about “his bias when it comes to regulatory reform.”

Tillis said he was at a Starbucks in 2010 talking to a woman about regulations and where businesses should be allowed to opt out. His coffee companion challenged him, asking whether employees there should be required to wash their hands.

“As a matter of fact I think this is one where I think I can illustrate the point,” he recalled telling her. “I don’t have any problem with Starbucks if they choose to opt out of this policy as long as they post a sign that says we don’t require our employees to wash their hands after leaving the restroom. The market will take care of that. It’s one example.” (Is requiring a sign not a regulation?)

These people run my country.

Edited by Snydrex

I found a potential counter to replace the sadness with stupidity.

Senator Thom Tillis: Restaurants shouldn't have employees wash hands.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/in-the-loop/wp/2015/02/03/the-next-public-health-debate-hand-washing/?tid=sm_fb

Once we’re done debating whether children should be vaccinated, we can move on to other pressing public health questions, such as whether eateries can force their employees to wash their hands after they use the bathroom.

At least one freshman U.S. senator thinks, “nah.” Because freedom.

Sen. Thom Tillis (R-N.C.), at the end of an appearance Monday at the Bipartisan Policy Center, volunteered a story about “his bias when it comes to regulatory reform.”

Tillis said he was at a Starbucks in 2010 talking to a woman about regulations and where businesses should be allowed to opt out. His coffee companion challenged him, asking whether employees there should be required to wash their hands.

“As a matter of fact I think this is one where I think I can illustrate the point,” he recalled telling her. “I don’t have any problem with Starbucks if they choose to opt out of this policy as long as they post a sign that says we don’t require our employees to wash their hands after leaving the restroom. The market will take care of that. It’s one example.” (Is requiring a sign not a regulation?)

These people run my country.

Oh geez, lemme get this video.

It's great, trust me.