The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Last post wins

Mr.ElevenXI

I love food, it's a recurring curse among us Singaporeans. We love to eat. Heck, probably the only reason why we're not over populated by obesity is because all male citizens are forced to pass a fitness test every year. Women don't want to fall behind either; they're competitive that way.

I love food, it's a recurring curse among us Singaporeans. We love to eat. Heck, probably the only reason why we're not over populated by obesity is because all male citizens are forced to pass a fitness test every year. Women don't want to fall behind either; they're competitive that way.

Really? you have to pass a fitness test every year...that actually seems like a great way to keep the population healthy...GG Singapore's government

Really? you have to pass a fitness test every year...that actually seems like a great way to keep the population healthy...GG Singapore's government

We have no choice because all male citizens are required to serve 2 years of National Service in the military. After the two years are served, we're made to keep fit so as to be in fighting shape at any moment's notice.

But then what happens if they fail it? Do they get a forced liposuction 

If only we are so lucky. Failed participants are required to report to the nearest designated military base to receive mandatory fitness training until you can pass. Those that fail to show up are subjected to court martial.

Not that they don't give us nothing in return; those that pass with flying colours receive monetary rewards. Our society is pretty active in fitness sports. It's not uncommon for us guys to run a marathon at least once just as an accomplishment. I myself have completed two full marathons, planning to run the Marathon Des Sables in the near future.