Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

No HUD with objective waypoint like in the demo

OfficerRavioli

So I was rewatching the full Empyrean demo and I noticed how they were all playing without HUD, only the objective markers were showing. I'd love to play like that, without a HUD, but afaik you can't enable objective waypoints, so for me playing like this is impossible. Any way to make it like the demos?

Why would you want to play without a HUD? How are you going to know if you're low on health/ammo, or if your buff is about to run out, or if you have energy and stuff 😧

Edited by Yxivi

3 minutes ago, Yxivi said:

Why would you want to play without a HUD? How are you going to know if you're low on health/ammo or if you have energy and stuff 😧

For a more cinematic video when it comes to recording and immersion. Turning off the HUD completely makes navigation nigh impossible with randomly generated tiles. I've tried recording with the HUD toggled off and it was not an enjoyable experience due to the navigation headache it is and the last thing you want in a recording that you want to make as presentable as possible, is to spend time running back and forth with nothing happening.

As for how would you know, shields are depleted with a very specific effect. You would obviously know when you're out of ammo and energy when you're pressing a button and nothing is happening, you just have to adapt to it when it happens. As for health, you just need to know how many hits you can take and heal when you think you're bleeding out.

Edited by RX-3DR

Ofc you will know it when you need it and find out that you're out of ammo/energy or because you're already dead. 

I understand the cinematic thingy but I believe you can just use the captura if you need some clips. I think it's impossible to play without those important details on your screen, even if you say "it's just for filming", then yeah there's captura for that. O,o

5 minutes ago, Yxivi said:

Ofc you will know it when you need it and find out that you're out of ammo/energy or because you're already dead. 

I understand the cinematic thingy but I believe you can just use the captura if you need some clips. I think it's impossible to play without those important details on your screen, even if you say "it's just for filming", then yeah there's captura for that. O,o

Captura is mostly just a very specific cinematic clips as opposed to if you wanted a sort of cinematic run through of a mission, game mode, etc. Take for instance, if you wanted to showcase an Exploiter Orb fight to a friend and you wanted it to be extra fancy, you would want to have your HUD off so that the audience can pay full attention to the fight and not really see all the game elements like the 101 item pick up messages.

And no, it's not impossible. It's just extremely frustrating in its current state due to the lack of reliable navigational cues in randomly generated tiles.

Edited by RX-3DR

It's mostly for immersion purposes, also if you watch the demos the game just looks 10x better with everything off, only thing I'd leave on is the objective marker and maybe the interaction prompts, just like in the presentations. I mean if they can toggle stuff like that for the trailers and demos, then I think it should also be an option in the settings.