Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Electromagnetic Shielding mods and auto blocking 3.0

(XBOX)Duke DEFCON

I enjoy playing tanks and damage sponges. Before 3.0, I really enjoyed the Ack & Brunt specific mod called "Electromagnetic Shielding" which allowed me to absorb up to 50% of the damage my teammates took. When combined with Guardian Derision, you could significantly reduce the damage of your entire party. The problem with Electromagnetic Shielding is that you have to be ACTIVELY blocking for the effect to work. Since 3.0, there is no way to actively block, which means this mod only works for the split second that you automatically block.

Don't get me wrong, I like the autoblock and think it's an improvement, but it has completely neutered this great mod.

Please correct this mod to always be on while your Sword and Shield are equipped.

For a fun twist, may I also suggest that the range of the effect be doubled while channeling?

Edited by (XB1)Taz Deduction
  • Like 2

I should clarify that there is only one way to actively block, and that is to have NO other weapons but your sword and shield equipped and pull your left trigger which will then block.

This is where we run into a problem with Javlok Magazine Warp. You see, I then have to equip the Javlok to benefit from the synergy it offers Ack & Brunt... but then I can't actively block to take advantage of my Electromagnetic Shielding mod.

You can still use the Javlok Magazine Warp plus a Sword & Shield weapon for enemies attacking you directly, but you are correct. Not being able to manually block breaks these mods entirely. The Vaykor Sydon is no exception, only able to use its radial blind ability if you bring it solo or are lucky and block several consecutive attacks.

Hopefully the FULL release of Melee 3.0 will rectify this. I would like to see at least an option to return manual blocking, but most likely they'll adjust it in some other fashion by changing the mods or auto-block mechanics.

5 hours ago, Teksorbkyva said:

You can still use the Javlok Magazine Warp plus a Sword & Shield weapon for enemies attacking you directly, but you are correct. Not being able to manually block breaks these mods entirely. The Vaykor Sydon is no exception, only able to use its radial blind ability if you bring it solo or are lucky and block several consecutive attacks.

Hopefully the FULL release of Melee 3.0 will rectify this. I would like to see at least an option to return manual blocking, but most likely they'll adjust it in some other fashion by changing the mods or auto-block mechanics.

They did change the sydon so you can trigger the burst by hitting the channel button.