Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(another) Vauban Rework

DragonL0rd132

Vauban Rework
This is kinda the 'Corpus' engineer Warframe and he seems rather fragile for it. Please increase base Shields or dramatically increase his Armor.

Passive: I like the current one, but it's just okay.  Any pickups restores some Energy?  Or maybe something electric based?

Ability 1: Tesla Network: Have the Tesla balls hover above the ground for better visible. Tesla Link built in. No longer timed, having only charges.
Augment: Network Spread: Charging Tesla Network releases 3 balls at once in a small arc in front of Vauban.

Ability 2: Reverse Engineer: Target an enemy. Vauban gains the primary weapon or passive ability of target enemy for X seconds. Copied weapons have +100% damage.
The are all relatively the same game play wise, Tesla Network is a massive improvement and replacement.  Also being a temporary Shield Osprey or Healer Ancient sounds terrible fun.

Ability 3: Vortex: Not Vauban's final and increased base range.  Should kind of out class Nidus.

I always thought that Vauban should compete with Frost for top defensive Warframe slot, so have Bastille be a cylinder Snow Globe or something similar.
Ability 4: Bastille A: Remove time out. Enemy projectiles can't penetrate the barrier. Holds a few enemies in hovering stasis at any one time.
Bastille B: All enemies in the large area deal 50% less damage. Strength increases damage reduction to 90%. Area Gara!

Any pickups restores some Energy? 

That can get broken real quick. Honestly, Vauban just hasn't aged well compared to other frames and also because of newer frames dominating the things he can do.

Have the Tesla balls hover above the ground for better visible.

Placing traps with Vauban is just a pain in general. Unless you're a Vauban veteran (which I'm not), knowing the best place to put your traps and expecting them to perform well is incredibly frustrating to learn.

Not Vauban's final and increased base range.  Should kind of out class Nidus.

Vortex attracts enemies for a set duration. Nidus' larva is instantaneous at double the range. For me though its not about which one having the better version of an ability, its how it interacts with the rest of a warframe's kit. For Nidus its great for building stacks with his Larva+Virulence combo. For Vauban, its kinda clunky. I do agree it should be his third ability, not his fourth.

Il y a 1 heure, DragonL0rd132 a dit :

Ability 1: Tesla Network: Have the Tesla balls hover above the ground for better visible. Tesla Link built in. No longer timed, having only charges.
Augment: Network Spread: Charging Tesla Network releases 3 balls at once in a small arc in front of Vauban.

I totally agree with this, this augment should be built in and it need to be spamable easily.

Ability 3: Vortex: Not Vauban's final and increased base range.  Should kind of out class Nidus.

A bit more range will be surely welcome for sure. And I admit that's anying to hear people saying that they prefer nidus for vacuuming enemies, Vauban should be stronger for that since Nidus only does that for his kit synergies.

il y a une heure, Enkou a dit :

Placing traps with Vauban is just a pain in general. Unless you're a Vauban veteran (which I'm not), knowing the best place to put your traps and expecting them to perform well is incredibly frustrating to learn.

A bit true but trust me placing traps constantly is a more like a pain even when you know what you are doing (I've hundreds hours on Vauban). Fundamentally traps are not bad but we should have a way to set them up more easily or simply give them more activations before they vanish (the fact that traps disepear when activated makes it so demanding for replacing them efficiently). Actually when you use them you don't really have the time to use other ability or weapon. And maybe just let us throw them 3 by 3 and make one of them a grenade doing %ehp damage bonus and a bigger AoE so you could use it in non static missions.

Ability 2: Reverse Engineer: Target an enemy. Vauban gains the primary weapon or passive ability of target enemy for X seconds. Copied weapons have +100% damage.
The are all relatively the same game play wise, Tesla Network is a massive improvement and replacement.  Also being a temporary Shield Osprey or Healer Ancient sounds terrible fun.

It's an idea but taking something from enemies in Warframe has never been such a good idea. In general the stuff they are using is incredibly bad in our hands, it works for them only beacause they out level and out number us so I afraid that you are making an ability that will beacause useless in no time even if you buff the damages etc. I am convinced that DE can do something great by reworking Vauban's second ability without removing it.

Edited by Rathalio
  • Like 1