Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"bob" The Lava Based Warframe

FOODLEBOB

This is a Warframe that my friend and I came up with the other day. We will attempt to come up with concept art if there is an interest in this frame and we happen to get time from school. And please forgive any typos and or disjointed concepts, I am not feeling well.

Ok so the basis of this frame is a tankish form of Ember with lava instead of regular fire. He is as of yet unnamed so for this purpose he will be named "Bob".

The basis of the Warframe is like that of Frost and Rhino. Slow but with high health and relitivly high shields. For this frame however shields will be lower than that of Rhino and Frost, but with higher health and armor.

The abilities that this frame would have would revolve around lava, obviously, and manipulation of the earth.

Ability one

This would be much like an incendiary grenade. "Bob" picks up a rock which he then throws in an arc similar to Voubans. Upon impact the rock breaks open releasing a small pool of lava which will deal some fire damage to enemies who venture through it. After a few seconds the lava seeps back into the ground. The size of the pool, damage, and duration will increase with levels possibly like this.

diameter in meters

1/2/4/5

Duration before seeping back into the ground in seconds

5/8/12/15

Damage would have to be dealt out in ticks. Something that my friend and I are not familiar with and will leave to people who know to explain. 

Ability two Option one

Lava starts to seep from him, coating himself, causing those who melee him to take fire damage and panic for a short time. This provides no protection from being shot or from the initial melee simply makes the attacker panic for a short time. Duration and amout of damage dealt will be increased with leveling up.

Damage is low, but my friend and I are not sure what it should be, seeing as it should be dealt out in damage per tick and we're not sure how exactly that works. Any ideas?

Time panicking in seconds after strike 

2/4/6/7

Time burning after strike

4/6/8/12

Ability two Option one

This is here simply because I use Rhino and this is my all time favorite ability. Similar to iron skin in almost every aspect, "Bob" will coat himself in obsidian which takes a certain amount of damage before chipping off. 

Ability three Option one

This is a simple defensive measure. "Bob" creates a wall of rock that will take an amount of damage before crumbling. This wall is tall enough to cover the entire Warframe. Main use would be to provide a safe haven for the team if several are erected at once, or to possibly block off small doors if a hoard of infested are chasing you. 

Damage taken would increase with level

200/400/500/650

Size would increase by some indeterminate amount.

Ability three Option two

This is a long mound of earth that can be crouched behind to provide cover while spewing out either poisonous gas or seeping lava. The disadvantage to this is that enemies can simply walk over it or jump over it. Making it less of a barricade and more of a last line defensive structure. But it cannot be destroyed, just will cease to be active after a while. Damage dealt when passing over the barricade, size and duration of activity would increase with level.

Damage dealt would again be dealt out in ticks, and neither my friend... I've said this already.

Length in meters

5/8/14/18

Time before deactivation. This idea was made for defense mission with a fairly static battlefield, so duration my seem ludicrously long. 

Time in seconds

45/90/135/180

Ability four-The end of the world (as we know it)

This is the favorite one that we came up with. "Bob" punches the ground creating a small AOE knock down, but forcing magma (lava above ground magma below)  up from the ground causing the lava to rain down on enemies and then make little pools on the ground. Amount (as in % of ground in range covered), and range would increase with time while the pools on the ground would be similar to ability one. 

Amount in %

30/50/75/90

Range in meters

5/8/10/15

In my head "Bob" would look much like "Tuna" by Appeb (found here https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/55993-appebs-new-fan-concept/) if he doesn't mind my friend using he awesome concept as a basis for "Bob". 

Well I suck at conclusions sooo... Here you go, what do you think? (CONSTRUCTIVE criticism please if it sucks, why?)

-FOODLEBOB and Vector_Prime