Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lanka Charging Time Is Too Long

Wolfstorm18

I dont known if this was posted before, but here it is. I made a Lanka, put a catalyst and forma in it, and now I'm using Speed Trigger at maximum and Shred at near the maximum (+1 puncture). Even with that, I think the charge time is too long.

Checking in the wiki I saw its the same charge time of the Ogris. I also own a Ogris, this one also with catalyst and forma, and I can understand the long charge time of the Ogris, since its damage have a area of effect, it hits multiple enemies and do a lot of damage. But what about the Lanka? It only hits one enemy at a time, unless you can hit them at a file with a puncture mod, which not happens always and usually its only two enemies.

So, I think the Lanka charging time should be reduced to 1 second, so that this weapon can flow with the game. The rifle is non-hitscan, but I can live with that, and I read Volt's shield can turn it into hitscan (I put a Volt to make at the forge, which I will combine with the Lanka), but my issue is really the charging time. 

I dont known if this was posted before, but here it is. I made a Lanka, put a catalyst and forma in it, and now I'm using Speed Trigger at maximum and Shred at near the maximum (+1 puncture). Even with that, I think the charge time is too long.

Checking in the wiki I saw its the same charge time of the Ogris. I also own a Ogris, this one also with catalyst and forma, and I can understand the long charge time of the Ogris, since its damage have a area of effect, it hits multiple enemies and do a lot of damage. But what about the Lanka? It only hits one enemy at a time, unless you can hit them at a file with a puncture mod, which not happens always and usually its only two enemies.

So, I think the Lanka charging time should be reduced to 1 second, so that this weapon can flow with the game. The rifle is non-hitscan, but I can live with that, and I read Volt's shield can turn it into hitscan (I put a Volt to make at the forge, which I will combine with the Lanka), but my issue is really the charging time. 

1) With Multishot, the Lanka already has a chance at psuedo-puncture.

2) Reducing the charge time from 1.5 to 1.0 seconds changes the final charge time (with maxed Speed Trigger and Shred mods) down from 0.7895 to 0.5263 seconds. Thus, I'm not sure if reducing the base charge time's really necessary, but a 0.25 second reduction in charge time does help with the weapon's "quality of life"/ease of use.

Edited by ChaoticVice777

The Lanka's not a crowd clearing weapon. It's mainly used for taking down the big guys (heavy units, bosses).

Then I will have to play solo against bosses. Because everybody that I find is using kunai/despair against heavy units and bosses, much more fast than the Lanka. 

Edited by Wolfstorm18

Then I will have to play solo against bosses. Because everybody that I find is using kunai/despair against heavy units and bosses, much more fast than the Lanka. 

What missions are you playing? Also, which mods are you using on the Lanka? I have no difficulty holding my ground in the Tower III Orokin Void missions since I have the privilege of having high killing power in a few shots, even in the later levels.

I build the Lanka with

5 polarities for the sole purpose of PvP. So I've played her a lot.

With Puncture and Multishot it is somewhat decent, since Multishot can spread and hit other targets at the same time.

I know it sounds weird and you'll probably not find that info anywhere else, but I did it quite often when leveling it.

Still, if you want a good PvE weapon, you don't want Lanka.

Allthough it works somewhat well when you're running a frame with decent AoE damage abilites to kill the smaller guys.

I build the Lanka with

5 polarities for the sole purpose of PvP. So I've played her a lot.

With Puncture and Multishot it is somewhat decent, since Multishot can spread and hit other targets at the same time.

I know it sounds weird and you'll probably not find that info anywhere else, but I did it quite often when leveling it.

Still, if you want a good PvE weapon, you don't want Lanka.

Allthough it works somewhat well when you're running a frame with decent AoE damage abilites to kill the smaller guys.

I'm not sure why you're seriously contesting its effectiveness, although I can agree that the Lanka might not be the most optimal weapon out there.

Shred is meh in lanka, puncture in no-hitscan weapons are really wierd and unpredictable pretty much like the bounce mechaninc.

That's an exclusive bug with puncture and projectile (with travel time) ballistics. Don't forget that even a 30% fire rate boost helps against the base 1.5 second charge time.

Edited by ChaoticVice777

That's an exclusive bug with puncture and projectile (with travel time) ballistics. Don't forget that even a 30% fire rate boost helps against the base 1.5 second charge time.

Lanka shoots projectiles (with travel time) ballistics... so the puncture is pretty much wasted.

Edited by Dasmir

Not really, since the travel time is 200 meters per second (i.e. practical hitscan). Puncture's being wasted due to the fact that projectiles keep swerving down and to the side after going through objects.

Thats is a HUGE problem for a sniper after passing you first target or object only gods know where is going to impact the bullet.

Lanka does SO MUCH MORE DAMAGE then ogris, with the crits +armor ignore, the charge time makes it not viable on lower levels but awesome at higher levels, although i think you should stay with ogris if you are not a sniper type person that likes to do massive damage per hit and oneshot everything untill very high levels