Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dax Warframe Concept

NuclearCoffeePot

Spoilers-Warframes are made of strong orikin soldiers. Including dax. So i had a thought while watching teshin during the sacrifice. What if we had a warframe with dax themed abilities. And so i came up with some concepts-

Appearance- Emphasis on orikin and dax themes with metalic plating and helmeting themed after other dax designs 

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/L2e04P

In adition to its metalic pieces and signature dax helmet the frame would have orikin robes likely a darker color, potentially a blue or gray to allow a prime in the future. THe abilities are the fun part though so lets get started.

Passive-Martial Stance- Taishin(thats what i call him) gains more mod capacity from stance mods then normal-This allows him to build his melee weapons more efficiently and fits thematically to

1-Dax Dikana- Taishin always keeps with him his dual dax nikana blades(one short one long) and with his 1 he switches to using them- At base they have a focus on status chance and have high slash dmg- So far the normal eee combo is 2 strikes with the long blade and then a multihit spiral dash with the short blade)- EHold causes Taishin to throw his long blade spinning forward which has a lot of multihits- Itt returns when it reaches a wall or its maximum range(based on power range)- 

Augment-This augment is a stance and is modded onto the weapon rather than the warframe0 this augment changes the stance and stats of the Dax Dikana- The weapon becomes crit focused and the longer blade is now kept in hand while the short nikana is used for throwing attacks

2-Specter-Taishin creates a dax specter which normally remains almost merged with him- The specter performs all his attacks and ability casts for itself- Recasting this ability on an enemy will cause the specter to attack them before returning- targeting them at a location will cause them to guard it attacking any enemies who come near

Augment Sentient specter- when recast specter will now become ai controlled and attack enemies

3-Orvus Drones- Taishin summons these mini orvius lookin things- Their numbers are based on power strength and have a max number of 6- Drones hover around Taishin and will provide him with dmg reduction and when enemies aproach an orvus will stun them dealing electrical dmg before despawining

Augment-seeker drones- Orvus numbers are increased drastically- no longer give dmg reduction and on cast they will roam the map- when they reach an enemy an orvus will hover over it and suspend it in midair like orvius does to operators in sacrifice-it will also show suspended enemies on the minimap

4-Commanders Focus- Taishin prepares himself for combat with a short animation- his fov will then shrink while he gains increased combat bonuses like decreased recoil- increased movement and attack speed- bonus crit or status chance-

Stats- No specific numbers

Below average shields

Above average armor

Average energy

Aove average sprint speed

AS FOR LORE- Im thinking something along the lines of "Teshin requests your aid in investigating a trasmission on a long abandoned DAX communication frequency, the transmissions give cryptic hints at the frames lore and lead you to an old orikin vessel, a training ship for Dax"- from there you could get the frames parts and blueprint

Tell me what you think and give me other ideas for it