The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Framerate/Audio stuttering during missions

Baconweaver

For the past 1-2 months, I have noticed that I will have a recurring lag spike at regular intervals. Every 30-50 seconds, the framerate will be cut in half, with audio stuttering at the same time. The framerate and audio return to normal after a few seconds, before the same thing happens again and again throughout a mission. I have been playing this game for years and I've only just now had this issue. Anyone else experience something similar?

On 2019-08-13 at 11:11 PM, Baconweaver said:

Every 30-50 seconds, the framerate will be cut in half, with audio stuttering at the same time. The framerate and audio return to normal after a few seconds, before the same thing happens again and again throughout a mission.

What is your CPU and Motherboard?

Probably your CPU, Motherboard's VRM (Voltage Regulator Module), or maybe something else, is overheating and is slowing down to avoid overheat damage. Check this with HWINFO64.

Will more cooling fans blowing at and around CPU fix this frame rate and audio stuttering problem?

@Baconweaver,

Update your windows/linux and all the drivers. 
Since your audio is suffering as well, most common an CPU issue. Either its setup bad as fk /Default on bios can push too much voltage, overheating, etc/
So since you've updated everything to the newest versions, Step Two is to CLEAN YOUR PC, change cpu/gpu thermal compound /usually depends on brand, it holds from 3 months to 6years/. Clean it up software wise - i use Windows Doctor , helped me a lot.

Third - Remove Vsync , use 3rd party software to lock desired FPS or INGAME. Vsync in general is bad and can cut ur FPS in exact "Half" aka from 60 to 30 to 15 if the game cant utilize your hardware or if the GPU usage goes beyond 90%. /at least how the old v-sync works, no idea what Warframe engine uses/

If that doesnt help, its time to look up ur hardware more closely. HDD/SDD/CPU/RAM/GPU , clocks/voltages/timings/etc ...