Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Relics and lag Problems

Sasuda

Sometimes when the relic unlock screen appears the rewards don't load in when connections are a bit laggy. You can see the rarity but not the reward and you cannot change to select any other reward. If there is a way to detect this can we have that selection post-phoned to mission end or on next relic opening. Actually can that be the automatic pattern for when a reward is not specifically chosen?
Sometimes I need to double check my list of what I have and then run out of time or instinctively click on rarity when it's like a forma and I need ducats. Sometimes I just tab out waiting for team mates forgetting its a relic mission. There's lots of reasons why it would help and I don't really see how it hurts anything. Makes endless have a nice side bonus of avoiding duplicates in endless as well, and would make it just a touch more rewarding.
Would be a great change.

While touching up relics can we automatically bump people's choice away from their own reward when another player has an identical one? Would be nice for those who are giving the traces out to also receive them.

7 minutes ago, Sasuda said:

While touching up relics can we automatically bump people's choice away from their own reward when another player has an identical one? Would be nice for those who are giving the traces out to also receive them.

This seems like it would actually be incredibly annoying. I do not want my selection changed automatically.

8 minutes ago, Sasuda said:

Sometimes when the relic unlock screen appears the rewards don't load in when connections are a bit laggy.

I have only had this on 300+ ping games. I doubt it would be a problem if DE actually made the 'Ping Limiter' work. I think there could be issues with postponing the selection - void traces for example. I would rather DE just fix the problem itself.

• You picking the wrong thing/being 'AFK' is on you. DE should not try and account for this.

On 2019-08-14 at 11:52 PM, krc473 said:

This seems like it would actually be incredibly annoying. I do not want my selection changed automatically.

I have only had this on 300+ ping games. I doubt it would be a problem if DE actually made the 'Ping Limiter' work. I think there could be issues with postponing the selection - void traces for example. I would rather DE just fix the problem itself.

• You picking the wrong thing/being 'AFK' is on you. DE should not try and account for this.

Why would it be incredibly annoying exactly? Maybe my wording was unclear, your selection isn't necessarily being changed automatically, player's are automatically getting traces. Think of it like that. Literal identical items just allow players to get traces even when people choose the same item. It doesn't need to "change the selection" visually or anything. just make the popular reward give traces to players identically since their rewards are identical.

Ping can fluctuate all the time. I can be good for the majority of the mission and then suddenly have major slow down for just a minute. If it happens to be when relics appear it's lame. It still shows rarity of relics as well so there's likely some sort of error during loading. There's probably a fix possible, but besides that the tweak I'm asking for is really a QOL boost.

"You picking the wrong thing/being 'AFK' is on you. DE should not try and account for this"
Sure, my fault on those 2 specific things. But DE did add the # owned and rarity colours in the first place to make selecting relic rewards easier. So it was more convenient for us to know what we already had. It doesn't show things like if I've Mastered certain items but no longer own them (Which is fine), so I can manually keep track. But that's also pretty inconvenient and annoying. Sometimes I'm farming things for other people, I can go on and on about reasons why the current system isn't always ideal, but that's really besides the point. My only real point is that the tweaks to the system I suggested would have some handy QOL improvements, and would be nicer for problems like lag. Just a slightly nicer, slightly more convenient relic reward change.