The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

[PS4] Shoulder button, movement glitches

(PSN)CorruptSmurf

Note: These problems have persisted across multiple controllers, including brand new ones, multiple missions, multiple power cycles, etc. 

The most typical problem is that the game will behave as if L1 is held down during Archwing missions, meaning that whenever I am in the "hover" mode, I am descending constantly, and in the "flight" mode, I am constantly flying at top speed. Once this begins, I have not found a way for it to consistently stop. In hover mode, if I press X to ascend, then the archwing stands still until I let go of X then continues to descend. Usually persists for hours until another bug begins.

The other bug is that when I hit R1, the game behaves as if I moved and held the left joystick, moving my character. If I do not use the left joystick, the character will continue to move in whatever direction the game has chosen, infinitely. Actually moving the left joystick stops the "phantom input", at least until I press R1 again. 

Should I reinstall the game entirely? 

22 hours ago, (PS4)CorruptSmurf said:

Note: These problems have persisted across multiple controllers, including brand new ones, multiple missions, multiple power cycles, etc. 

The most typical problem is that the game will behave as if L1 is held down during Archwing missions, meaning that whenever I am in the "hover" mode, I am descending constantly, and in the "flight" mode, I am constantly flying at top speed. Once this begins, I have not found a way for it to consistently stop. In hover mode, if I press X to ascend, then the archwing stands still until I let go of X then continues to descend. Usually persists for hours until another bug begins.

The other bug is that when I hit R1, the game behaves as if I moved and held the left joystick, moving my character. If I do not use the left joystick, the character will continue to move in whatever direction the game has chosen, infinitely. Actually moving the left joystick stops the "phantom input", at least until I press R1 again. 

Should I reinstall the game entirely? 

Theres a similar bug that ive experienced outside of archwing where the game thinks im holding a shoulder button or a direction, when im really not.

For example, sometimes the game will bug and it thinks im holding the ability button. Then when i press X to jump, it will instead use my 1 ability. Or i will try to press square to reload, but it will instead use my 2 ability. etc etc.

Its been happening to me for what feels like months.

Its easy to trigger this bug too, unfortunately.

It usually occurs when im inputting many buttons at the same time, most often when im going in and out of operator mode.

The way that ive been using to quickly fix it, is to be careful with the buttons im pressing, and going into operator, then back into warframe, all while being mindful to press as few buttons as possible.

Ive also encountered that archwing bug, and its way more annoying because i havent found a method to fix that one 😞

I'm not sure about the archwing issue, because I stink at archwing flying, but the R1 crawling sounds similar to what I have experienced with both of my controllers. I see that you switched controllers, so it is odd that they are affected even the new ones. For me, cleaning the base of the left joystick opening with canned air, and then applying a Very tiny amount of light machine oil with a q-tip to the ball area fixed it. I use gun cleaning oil. I can't explain why multiple controllers are affected. I suppose it is possible that even a new one could be damaged. I was also wondering if you use default settings or if you use custom ones. If custom, maybe revert to the default and see if that helps. Then, if it fixes the issues, you might try reconfiguring your custom ones. One more thought, are you using Playstaion controllers or an off brand. I have had issues with the less expensive ones in the past. Sorry if nothing helps, and good luck. 

2 minutes ago, (PS4)jester_of_clubz said:

I was also wondering if you use default settings or if you use custom ones. If custom, maybe revert to the default and see if that helps. Then, if it fixes the issues, you might try reconfiguring your custom ones. One more thought, are you using Playstaion controllers or an off brand. I have had issues with the less expensive ones in the past. Sorry if nothing helps, and good luck.

All are official dualshocks, default settings. 

I've had deadzone creep on a controller before, where the hardware is at fault because the controller detects increasingly large movements, but this is different; it doesnt amp up. 

A bit more info, R1 is a consistent trigger for the movement bug, but any "state transition" tends to trigger it, see the following:

- Using the "Options" button to pause, then resume the game

- Using a melee ability

- Using any gear item that has an "equipped" state (fishing spears, mining laser, animal lures)

- Opening/closing the gear wheel

Again, when this triggers, it is consistent, infinite movement in a random direction (usually toward the camera). If I set the controller down, the character will keep running in that direction (tested up to 40 minutes). The intensity of the input does not vary, either: the character does not slow down to a slow walk, just full speed the whole time.

• 4 weeks later...