Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Twin Vipers

Dopey

Vipers is used in pvp quite often with its insane rate of fire and with the right mod load out its a pain in the &#! to be hit with one, in pve however anything under lvl 50 goes down quick but because it does not have armor ignore people dont tend to use it, i use it 24/7 though 

Like Afuris they blown through ammo at insane speed, while even with the ammo translating mods, you will be hard pressed to use them for long.

Add inaccurancy while means you have to get closer to enemies and as some allready said, the current damage system makes people favor secondaries which can ignore armor without the armor piercing mods, since these are also more ammo efficient.

Ammo. TV are AWESOME for like 6 seconds, and then you need to find ammo because you're completely out of bullets.

I suppose with the pistol mut mod they're viable, but otherwise, they're kind of a gimick.

A cool gimmick, but it's highly unrealistic to use them as anything other than an emergency weapon.

Have one potatoed with 2 forma. Amazing performance for non-AI/AP weapon since it is capable of clearing the mods on T3 Extermination, but the fact that it needs constant refueling with ammo box and it's not available in market anymore plus people are only interested in acrid (since everyone uses it and said it was OP, why bother with another weapon?) makes this gun completely obsolete.

They are great weapons when you add slip magazine, etc. and damage mods. I use to use them heavily until I was able to obtain despair's.

I love the sounds they make, and they make a great side arm when you run low on ammo you can completely shred 5-10 enimies (depending on level) in about 1-2 seconds.

It comes down to play style IMO though.. probably the best early game pistoles you can get, but their base damage and clip size is far too low to make it a mid or late game weapon. I still keep mine for nestalga and equip them occasionally for fun =)

How's Viper/Dual Viper compared to Vasto/Dual Vasto respectively? 

You'll get more mileage with dual vastos because ammo consumption is a problem vs lvl 50+.  Those of us without the ammo mutation is in a bind.  Vipers do have burst lol.

If you like the single lato/aklato - the vasto/dual is a major upgrade.

I would love it if they increased weapons base max ammo pool depending on the firerate. I mean, you empty a clip of Twin Vipers i nthe time it takes the Ogris to charge up one shot, and that bastard has 500+ ammo at all times, while you can empty your whole Twin Viper pool in what? Less than 10 seconds firing straight? (Ignoring reload time for a second there). I would be happy with even a double buff on max ammo pool for these puppies, they are so stupidly fun to play with, but the fun just ends so prematurely, sure the ammo mutation mod helps(but also too slowly). Trick Mag increases Max to 399(woo -.-) But with a base of 420 that'll be 798, which is pretty much ideal. Nerf the more ammo efficient weapons(Ogris, as much as I love you too, you really don't need that many damn rockets) if there's whining about balance. 1 ammo pack restores 4 clips. 1 Ammo pack on TV restores 0.7 clip.

But again, love these two, slowly but surely getting more forma on, you realize how hard it is when you can only bring down a couple of enemies before you're out of ammo and switch to primary and melee for the other half of the mission while carrier restocks you and then BAM! Extraction. Speedholster aura is nice though, quickly swap to instagib a Heavy grineer or ancient. With the V2 armor due whenever all bullet types will become far more viable, these included, well...until you run out of ammo at least.

Edit: I forgot to add, the TV had sound effects that sounded like farting for a while when firing, then they changed it again. Ahahaha, oh man, I laughed. 28 quick succession farts in a second.

Edited by Samoosa