The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nintendo Switch Gyro Aiming

(NSW)OFudo

Hi guys, started playing last year when it came out for the Switch but was turned away by the 'bad' gyro aiming, since it was my primary reason for playing because it's the only way I could play shooters since I am terrible at stick or mouse aiming, plus it gives me motion sickness. But since the release of Zelda BotW I found out that I could actually be good at aiming and not get sick with gyro aiming. About a month ago I picked this game up again and tried to figure out what was wrong with the gyro aiming, why wouldn't it play smoothly like Zelda. Then it finally hit my that the axis WF was using to aim was different! Unlike Zelda which makes you use the back of the console or controller to point with -- imagine the crosshair is at the back --  WF makes you point with the top, imagine the crosshair is at top edge of the controller. Which makes it hard to swivel left to right it's like steering a wheel FFS! So my point is I would like to ask DE or Panic Button to please change the gyro's axis to similar to that of Zelda which is a lot better on the wrist.

Edited by (NSW)OFudo

The gyro control is different between handheld and controller.

With hand held, you do point similarly with zelda, but as you mention, with the controller you point it with top of it.

I think their intention was to make it feel like you're holding a gun. However, this only kinda works if you are using the joycons separately. 

I have had no issues playing with it after I realized that that was the case, but I do want an option to change the controller gyro to be the same as the handheld.