Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Buying and selling in the nexus app

thomkok18

I would like to be able to sell and buy stuff like warframe parts and weapons inside the mobile app.

You can buy stuff on the market and also sell duplicate warframe parts, weapons and mods for credits in the orbiter on the PC. Why isn't it on the mobile app?

Is this going to be on the mobile app soon? If not, why? I would also like to know other people's opinions about this.

Edited by thomkok18

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to trade in the app too.

Trading consumes significant in game time, and I wish I could use this time to play and not just being at dojo waiting for traders to come/going to other dojos and wait the trader to find the terminal. We already need hours to farm resources and prime parts. 

Not to mention that if we are in a group we need to leave it to trade and then ask to come back in.

Now, I understand that trading I the app brings a whole lot of other problems too.

First of all DE would have to eliminate Dojo trading and replace it with a section/tab in the market terminal. This alone would make Dojos less visited, and mostly needed for its labs.

Second, they had to figure a way to make it extra secure, so no one could borrow your smartphone and just wipe your plat and items. 

Third, for me personally in game it's easier to check my stock, what parts I need for a certain blueprint, if I already have a mod or arcane and so on. Right now it's a bit clumsy to do that in the app, it would need a rework.

Seeing how long DE takes to work on some aspects, seems that they're more focused on developing new visuals and frames that attract new public. Chat system needs a rework since beta. Matchmaking needs improvement.

So, yes, trade app please! Expectations? None.

• 2 weeks later...
Le 15/09/2019 à 12:38, RCC_2000 a dit :

I would like to trade in the app too.

Trading consumes significant in game time, and I wish I could use this time to play and not just being at dojo waiting for traders to come/going to other dojos and wait the trader to find the terminal. We already need hours to farm resources and prime parts. 

Not to mention that if we are in a group we need to leave it to trade and then ask to come back in.

Now, I understand that trading I the app brings a whole lot of other problems too.

First of all DE would have to eliminate Dojo trading and replace it with a section/tab in the market terminal. This alone would make Dojos less visited, and mostly needed for its labs.

Second, they had to figure a way to make it extra secure, so no one could borrow your smartphone and just wipe your plat and items. 

Third, for me personally in game it's easier to check my stock, what parts I need for a certain blueprint, if I already have a mod or arcane and so on. Right now it's a bit clumsy to do that in the app, it would need a rework.

Seeing how long DE takes to work on some aspects, seems that they're more focused on developing new visuals and frames that attract new public. Chat system needs a rework since beta. Matchmaking needs improvement.

So, yes, trade app please! Expectations? None.

First of all, dojo trading feels quite clumsy, s, and with the Railjack dojos are getting more usage, so they aren't that likely to become redundant. As for security, there isn't such thing as overkill, but a PIN would suffice imo. 

Second, trading needs something more streamlined, like a passive trading post, so a player can put items there, assign prices and go farm stuff, not having to sell each and every bit personally. Or an ability to sell directly via trade chat like [ name plat ].

Probably there are better ways, need to think of it

• 2 weeks later...

Selling and buying directly from trade chat sounds risky and prone for mistakes or confusion.

However the passive trade post is an idea that has been suggested several times, even topics of devstreams, but DE hasn't taken it seriously.

An auction house like service would be a significant improvement on the QoL for the community. However I think one of the reasons DE does not implement it, is their fear of giving so easy access to platinum, causing plat sales going down.Which I think it wouldn't be the case.

They can go ahead do an auction house that allows players to post as many items as half their daily allowed trades for either 24 or 48 hours (even if the item sells or not will take that trade for the day anyway) Even take an additional credit tax for the service.

Terminals can be deployed (built or bought with plat) in the dojo, so there are more reasons to hang out in the dojo

Someone needs to buy the plat that's been used around, not to mention the plat being given away from DE themselves.

People could use something else as trading currency, but since only plat can buy real stuff in the market, that's what most people want.

This plat used in the market (in game) disappears in the game database. Plat used to buy from other players also disappears when they buy slots and other items - which I guess it's the main reason people wants plat. You can't buy mods and prime forever, once you have it all you'll buy cosmetics, and once you have also all that, you don't need plat anymore.

But until you get to that point, someone needs to buy or to receive plat from DE. 

With all that said, unless DE says it directly, I think they're not worried about platinum flow.

I think that all is a matter of allocating resources, and DE is allocating their resources on what matter them most.

I'm not sure but I guess that they concentrate in finding ways to attract new players and provide fashion for them.

Edited by RCC_2000