Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cruon, The Bloodcurdler Warframe

Vlare

Cruon  (Cruor? Crua? Name’s not established, as long as it has some connection to blood and gore, wouldn’t even need to be the latin word)

For the sake of storytelling I’ll take Cruon as canon name for now;

Cruon – the bloodcurdler frame

In terms of looks, imagine a less nightmarish combination of Edward scissorhands and Freddy Krueger. E.g. straightjacket ominous looking spaceninja, with the spaceninja bit preventing Cruon from becoming overly LOOK AT ME IM A VAMPIRE.

The concept would have :

140 health (280 at max)

40 shields (80 at max)

100 energy (175 at max)

20 armor

Sprint speed of 0.9

Stamina of 6

Cruon is a bloodbender, or, when blood isn’t applicable, it will suffice to tangle with any fluids any target may or may not possess (oil fluid in case of robots, for example). If any target of cruon’s skills is not in the possession of anything close to conventional biological blood (e.g. a fluid in some way containing plasma, antibodies, and something like hemoglobin), cruon’s effective skill damage to that target is halved, and any other damage multipliers besides mods are then ignored.

This means cruon is intended to combat living targets but is not immediately rendered incapable of destroying mechanical targets.

Cruon uses his powers to steer, clotter, and infect blood, using it for his own convenience, for restorative purposes, or for the dismay of enemies.

His skills ( in my concept ) are as follows :

1 : 25e, Rigor Mortis; Cruon infects the given target, making their blood clotter and making all non-Tenno lifeform-sensitive technology or evolutionary capabilities recognise them as Cruon himself; this process lasts for up to 7 seconds, during which the target attracts aggro and also is slowed by 50%. If the target dies during this duration, it immediately dissects (as if cleaved by a set of daggers), leaving a volatile bloodclot, which explodes in a blood nova for up to 300 damage after a 1 second wait. victims of this explosion are slowed by 25% for 4 seconds.

(affected by duration, range, and power)(only one target at any given time)

2 : 50e, Tendril; Cruon lashes a spearheaded tendril (consisting out of a bloodclot) out to the targeted location. If the target is an environmental location, Cruon pulls himself to this location. If the target is a creature (other than a camera or turret, which are justs damaged), Cruon deals  up to 600 damage (at max) to this target; if this proves fatal to the target, the tendril continues its path in a straight line through the target. If it does not, Cruon pulls himself to this target, knocking it over.

(affected by range and power)

3 : 75e, Blood to Vigor; Cruon sacrifices 80% of his health, cannot regenerate health past 40% of maxHP, and loses all shields, for a duration of up to 12 seconds.

While this skill is active, Cruon emits a field of vapor which automatically resurrects any  bloodletting allies in up to 3 seconds, regenerates 5% of HP/s for any ally inside it (read : everyone gets 5%hp/s if in the aura),

Also Cruon's speed is boosted to 1.1 and his stamina to 10 during the spell's duration.

If Cruon dies during BtV, he will only need half the time to be resurrected.

(Affected by duration and range)

4 : 100e, Tainted Blood; Cruon levitates a targeted enemy into the air, then transports himself (by becoming a cloud of blood) inside of the target, exploding it from inside out, dealing up to 1200 damage to the target and making an orb from the target’s blood, which Cruon taints and then throws to a targeted area, dealing three strikes of up to 400 poison damage over 3 seconds to any targets within an up to 12m radius of the targeted location.

(affected by all power mods)

Constructive suggestions are welcome, otherwise bottle up the rage :P

I've been walking around with this concept in my head since quite a while, and I had to share it.

Thanks for reading,

Rob a.k.a. Vlare

P.S. little bit of background :

It makes sense to put Cruon in infested context. But infested frames had love with nekros, and Corpus might just fit in, stealing and twisting orokin tech; lorewise it would make sense for them to have gotten their hands on some infested boss's blueprint drops and then having #*($%%@ it over to become a gory bastard capable of besting tenno, grineer, and infested alike. This also tells why Cruon is weaker to mechanical than living foes; the Corpus have almost mainly living enemies.

P.S.2 planet :

IF this would get implemented and all, it would make most sense to put it on the spot where the corpus have found it. Imagine the following :

A planet similar to the moon, with relatively gloomy textures, but also with some beautiful (yet unsettling, infested-ish) rainforests. A form of wildlife in the form of *grand fear, think wasps or spiders* which have evolved a little would add the touch.

This planet would be inhabited by both corpus pioneers and infested mobs. These could come along loose of each other or against each other (which, added with the tenno, makes for three-faction combat). This planet would be on a far end of the solar system and thus have highlevelled enemies, with the infested having strength in numbers and level of ancients, and the corpus having strength in weaponry, robotics, and level.

The boss dropping the blueprints should also be a little gory; seeing how those corpus pioneers already show superior strength to most of their brethren, it would also make sense for them to be smart enough to incorporate the tech within weeks of finding it. Along these lines, I would suggest a semi-mad Rambo-ish corpus (seeing how he's the first man/woman of an exploration team, he'd probably need to have a lot of guts), meaning he is supposedly lethal in melee, wielding anything from a conventional sword, or infested weapon, or anything that makes him an absolutely menace from closeby, and I also suggest giving him a superior quality corpus machinegun for ranged combat. In terms of skills, let's imagine an upped corpus tech, so he deploys drones at certain health intervals, and uses a bit of the Cruon technology in combat, Pull and Tendril would be great.

EDIT 1 : health decreased, shield included and decreased, stamina and speed decreased in favor of a buff to BTV, removed energy from BtV, followed eli's advice, added some lore.

EDIT 2 : tweaked Rigor a bit more to note its unspammy nature

Edited by Vlare

Tendril seems a little overpowered, at least for a 25 energy skill.

Even with the reduced armor, his health is a little too high, remember this increases by a lot with vitality and vigor, giving him 1620 health with both of these maxed. He'd have to have a shield of 75 max to balance that out.

The same goes for Rigor Mortis: it basically gives a character who already has 1.6k health a decoy skill, and a better one than Loki's to boot.

This character seems to have it all, offense, defense, movement(1.1 speed and tendril), healing and even a sort of invincibility period due to the decoy.

Reduce health to 150, take away the decoy, increase the cost of Tendril to 50(Because it's a slap in the face to both Nova and Ash if it's that cheap) , and instead reduce the cost of Rigor Mortis to 25% and you have my blessing.

As for the overall theme of the frame, I like the whole blood thing in there, but how would this work with mechanical enemies like MOAs and Ospreys? I doubt even the Grineer have that much blood in them due to them mechanizing their bodies. I love the way it sounds, but when I thought about the enemies you'd face, it began to stop making sense. Then again, I suppose MOAs don't have souls to punch out either...

In conclusion, if you take away his "all-around but with everything just a little better" and specialize him some more, I think this will work out fine at might even be taken in consideration by DE.

Regards,

eli

Thanks for the feedback, Ill store the old concept in this post, and edit the main post to reflect my changes.

Eli, thanks for the constructiveness, and ThatguyHD, thanks for that guide, that will help a lot!

Arlayn, this idea is vastly different to yours; Cruon more or less alters the properties of the blood, only having a virus added in Tainted Blood, whereas your concept seems to solely involve stabby virus stabby..

Cruon  (Cruor? Crua? Name’s not established, as long as it has some connection to blood and gore, wouldn’t even need to be the latin word)

For the sake of storytelling I’ll take Cruon as canon name for now;

Cruon – the bloodcurdler frame

The concept would have :

200 health (500 at max)

100 energy (175 at max)

20 armor

Sprint speed of 1.1

Stamina of 7

Cruon is a bloodbender, or, when blood isn’t applicable, it will suffice to tangle with any fluids any target may or may not possess (oil fluid in case of robots, for example). If any target of cruon’s skills is not in the possession of anything close to conventional biological blood (e.g. a fluid in some way containing plasma, antibodies, and something like hemoglobin), cruon’s effective skill damage to that target is halved, and any other damage multipliers are then ignored.

This means cruon is intended to combat living targets.

Cruon uses his powers to steer, clotter, and infect blood, using it for his own convenience, for restorative purposes, or for the dismay of enemies.

His skills ( in my concept ) are as follows :

1 : 25e, Tendril; Cruon lashes a spearheaded tendril (consisting out of a bloodclot) out to the targeted location. If the target is an environmental location, Cruon pulls himself to this location. If the target is a creature (other than a camera or turret, which are justs damaged), Cruon deals  up to 400 damage (at max) to this target; if this proves fatal to the target, the tendril continues its path in a straight line through the target. If it does not, Cruon pulls himself to this target, knocking it over.

(affected by range and power)

2 : 50e, Rigor Mortis; Cruon infects the given target, making their blood clotter in his likeliness; this process lasts for up to 7 seconds, during which the target also is slowed by 50% and attracts aggro. If the target dies during this duration, a sentient bloodclot looking like Cruon is spawned. This clot is not sturdy, wields a skana and deals minimal damage, but attracts aggro and deals up to 750 damage on death.

3 : 75e, Blood to Vigor; Cruon sacrifices 50% of his health, cannot regenerate health past 50% of maxHP, and loses all shields, for a duration of up to 12 seconds.

While this skill is active, Cruon emits a field of vapor which automatically resurrects any  bloodletting allies in 3 seconds, regenerates 5% of HP/s for any ally inside it, and regenerates 5 energy per second for any ally inside it. If Cruon dies during BtV, he will only need half the time to be resurrected.

4 : 100e, Tainted Blood; Cruon levitates a targeted enemy into the air, then transports himself (by becoming a cloud of blood) inside of the target, exploding it from inside out, dealing up to 1200 damage to the target and making an orb from the target’s blood, which Cruon taints and then throws to a targeted area, dealing three strikes of up to 400 poison damage over 3 seconds to any targets within a 12m radius of the targeted location.

Edited by Vlare