Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please change arbitration drones

BloodFanCom

So with introduction of Gauss we receive another good CC (I mean it, his damage is meh) what is fun to play, but I am afraid what he is not tanky enough to survive a big crowd of enemies in arbitration if they would be buffed to arbitration shield drone and ignore all of CC abilities. Someone will argue with this subject but what is not all I whant to say. A have already seen a lot of people on reddit complaining about inability to use on arbitration not so tanky frames like banshee or ember, who usually survives using they own CC, they cant do that because of drones on arbitration who get lost in crowd of invincible enemies which which meantime oneshot glassy frame. As a result I see a lot of Inaroses and Niduses in arbitration or weapons with wide range like melee which can spin to win or catchmoon kitgun, or people just leave the mission after first two rewards. Therefore I suggest to allow warframe CC abilities work on enemies who have arbitration drone resist. Someone might say what that will make a arbitration more casual but I think if people will be able to use all warframes and be useful to team it would make an Arbitration feel less tedious and more fun.

17 minutes ago, BloodFanCom said:

good CC

I would not say he's good. I would not say he's CC either.

inability to use on arbitration not so tanky frames like banshee or ember, who usually survives using they own CC, they cant do that because of drones on arbitration who get lost in crowd of invincible enemies which which meantime oneshot glassy frame.

This is all true. The question is: what is the concept of arbitration after all?

As a result I see a lot of Inaroses and Niduses

Unfortunately, yes. However, I usually take slow nova, my friend takes Oberon with 350% healing rate and phoenix renewal. To survive with us you don't really need to be tanky. Just put at least one mod to boost your hp. It's sufficient.

I think if people will be able to use all warframes and be useful to team it would make an Arbitration feel less tedious and more fun.

It surely will. I'd rather have some better cc/buffers instead of these buch of Inaroses in my arbitration squad. But by design of these drones it's unlikely. I'd suggest that drones would be unable to remove ongoing effects from already affected enemies. But they would rather make enemies immune to new effects. That would make CC more viable and introduce a smarter approach.

Edited by TeaHawk

9 minutes ago, TeaHawk said:

I would not say he's good. I would not say he's CC either.

Instant freeze from his 3 is solid CC. If that's not solid CC, then Frosts Ult isn't either.

Ontopic:
Just kill the Drones first, and then use CC. Not that difficult. You just have to aim, or use something with a lot of Punch Through.
Arbitration drones are meant to make enemies immune to everything. If they wouldn't do that, Arbitration would be even easier than they already are.

6 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

Instant freeze from his 3 is solid CC. If that's not solid CC, then Frosts Ult isn't either.

It really lacks some range. It's so narrowed even with overextended on I can't cover a large zone. I'm accustomed to use my Slova with 100m range covering the entire interception map with her ability. That is good CC. Works for everyone.

Edited by TeaHawk

1 minute ago, TeaHawk said:

It really lacks some range. It's so narrowed even with overextended on I can't cover a large zone. I'm accustomed to use my Slova with 100m range covering the entire interception map with her ability. That is good CC. Works for everyone.

That's OP range, and it's long overdue for a rework...
But I see your point. Still it's solid CC that works. (not like Vaubans Bastille that ignores enemies completely if the host is bad)
Most maps in Warframe have narrow corridors. So the range on Gauss is actually fine.

14 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

That's OP range, and it's long overdue for a rework...

That's not an OP range, considering I have to put every range mod existing to achieve that and have a horrible power efficiency (around 160 energy needed to cast) which I compensate by using 2 fully upgraded arcanes worth of hundred hours of gamplay. I thinks it's just a range you expect to have after investing 1000 hours in game and maxing it out by every mean possible. Am I right?

But I can't do the same with Gauss. And why would I take him after all or arb? He's useless to the team. It's a speedrun frame. Nothing more. Even if you can CC, due to that small range you can CC only for yourself. Your team will not benefit from it.

However, it's offtopic and shallow. I can already see you're a part of that "pleasenerf" team I have nothing to share with.

Edited by TeaHawk

9 minutes ago, TeaHawk said:

However, it's offtopic and shallow. I can already see you're a part of that "pleasenerf" team I have nothing to share with.

Please don't make such assumption.
I didn't say anything about nerfing, but about reworking. A CC skill that covers a whole map is clearly a bit OP, don't you think?
But as you said, it is OffTopic, and you have to call me names. So obviously we should end this argument here, because you also fail to stay polite.

11 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

A CC skill that covers a whole map is clearly a bit OP, don't you think?

Spoiler

*after putting everything in range? No I don't think so. It's all map only in context of interception. Which rather how this CC is designed to work. I honestly think it's intended. And yeah, generally it's rather 50 meters for most of people who don't push things that far. Reworking Nova? She's great at current state. Some of her abilities are questionable, but others work perfectly.

11 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

Please don't make such assumption.

Spoiler

I apologize for putting you straight in the nerf group. I've really suffered from them after what they did to Ember which is now even more 1button garbage when she was.

Edited by TeaHawk