Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

Mastery Challenge 9

Stushcinta

Hey guys, it seems like there's something up with Mastery Challenge 9, i've practiced it over and over again, but when i go in to actually do the mission, the enemies will just randomly change their behaviour, in my last actual attempt an enemy took a completely different path around a pillar and caught me, i had done that first section about 18 times in a row with no problems at all in practice attempts, and then i failed at that part twice on my actual attempt because of weird behaviour like that, has something changed with enemy behaviour that might be breaking this mission?

Also i've been looking at guides (Because I want to get past this, i've never failed a mastery test before, but i've attempted this one dozens of times and never completed it once), and the person doing them is crouching at the platform right at the beginning of the third section and not being spotted, but if i do the same, i get spotted every time, could there have been a change to enemy vision? It just feels like something's changed to make this mission much more difficult than it should be.

I just practiced and passed the same test you did, and there are ways to know when the enemies will change their behavior. One of two things happen:

1. You put yourself in their line of sight for a split second, or a small part of you goes in their line of sight. This will cause them to walk towards you, sometimes stopping before they actually get to you and sometimes not (depends on your position). Once they stop, they'll wait for 20-30 seconds and then resume their cycle. You can actually take advantage of this to bring them away from the other enemies, but only if you do it right.

2. You killed an enemy that is in their line of sight. If you kill an enemy and another enemy sees the body, they'll walk towards it in the same manner as if they saw you for a split second. Again, this is a double-edged sword because it can either help or hurt your test.

Aside from these two things, I didn't have any change of cycle at all, as I observed the same things happening every time I practiced (but if one of those things happens then the cycle becomes different since they were interrupted). So, hopefully those were the changes you were observing, and hopefully this helps.

P.S. For the last section try crouching even farther back than you think you need to.

Edited by InsanityParadigm

3 minutes ago, InsanityParadigm said:

2. You killed an enemy that is in their line of sight. If you kill an enemy and another enemy sees the body, they'll walk towards it in the same manner as if they saw you for a split second. Again, this is a double-edged sword because it can either help or hurt your test.

It's also worth noting that enemies will be alerted if they see even a limb of a corpse. Some times, high slash weapons can send limbs flying several meters from the corpse, and that limb might alert an enemy.

27 minutes ago, Stushcinta said:

Hey guys, it seems like there's something up with Mastery Challenge 9, i've practiced it over and over again, but when i go in to actually do the mission, the enemies will just randomly change their behaviour, in my last actual attempt an enemy took a completely different path around a pillar and caught me, i had done that first section about 18 times in a row with no problems at all in practice attempts, and then i failed at that part twice on my actual attempt because of weird behaviour like that, has something changed with enemy behaviour that might be breaking this mission?

Also i've been looking at guides (Because I want to get past this, i've never failed a mastery test before, but i've attempted this one dozens of times and never completed it once), and the person doing them is crouching at the platform right at the beginning of the third section and not being spotted, but if i do the same, i get spotted every time, could there have been a change to enemy vision? It just feels like something's changed to make this mission much more difficult than it should be.

Lotta people been saying enemy alert level has been higher since the last mainline, breaking Adaro sleep farm, etc.

In any case, I just used Skiajati for this test. Finisher/stealth kill gives you a few seconds of invisibility.

I ran the test a couple of times and there is definitely something going on. I'm 90% sure the AI has increased range of detection. Maybe they eve become aggressive much more quickly. DE would have to confirm any AI changes.

I completed this test a long time ago and I don't remember the final part being much more difficult than the previous two. I believe the issue lies in the pathing of the enemy units – they leave very few openings, which makes the test more difficult than it needs to be. It's still doable once you figure out the best way to approach it, but I don't think the difficulty is justified for a mission you can easily fail and then have to wait 24 hours. Maybe if Warframe had serious stealth mechanics, then sure.

If it is any help, no one will see you once you manage to jump on the column in the far end of the map, the one with on Grineer walking around it. It's easy to pick up everyone else from there.

I've also detected that the path the middle guard takes in the 3d room changes at random. Sometimes he will turn to the right when he gets to the "front" of the room. Sometimes to the left. He will change this during the same session, making him unpredictable, as if this test wasn't hard enough already. You cant hide behind the first right and left pillar and think your "safe" as you never know which way he will turn.