The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion for spear guns.

(PSN)Black-Cat-Jinx

By which i mean guns that you can shoot and then throw like spears, not guns that fire spears, and nothing at all to do with Brittany Spears. All though an octavia spear gun that creates area of effect sound waves would be cool...I digress.

I refer here to weapons such as the Ferrox and Javlok and such. Most of these have their uses but they don't really shine...Granted if you're lucky enough to get a ferrox riven, and you're lucky enough to get a looooot of gas, damage, and fire rate on that riven, the ferrox can do work....

What i would like to see is with spear guns, instead of having to run over and pick up your thrown spear, or having to wait for it to despawn, just have holding the weapon switch button teleport the weapon back to you. This would really maintain the fluidity of game movement, and also addresses what in my opinion is one of the issues with the weapons which is that when they are deployed, there is a level of uncertainty of when they will return. ESPECIALLY if there was a glitch and the damn spear despawned, which happens a lot if you actually hit something with the thrown weapon, not every time, but enough.

By having the weapon always teleport back to your hand when you call for it, you know it will always be there when you need it. 

It's not a huge change, it's not going to meaningfully adjust how the throw function of this weapon type effects damage or control, it just means you don't have to worry about going and finding the blasted thing or else not having it available to you when you need it. On the whole i think using the weapon change button as a return command will overall make the spearguns more popular... 

I was leveling my Chroma prime a few weeks ago with a MR 24 and two 25s. I had my Ferrox sitting next to one of the main cooridors by which enemies approach the defense point and they started talking about "what the hell is this stick sticking out of the ground? - That's my Ferrox. It's gathering grineer and tickling them to death.  - What the heck is a ferrox? is it new?" I almost never see people use spear guns. Especially not for their throw function. I think that this is an almost effortless to program change, that would benefit them a lot.... It would be nice if they exploded when you teleport them back, but as that's not going to happen... i will settle for being able to call my capture spear back to my hand whenever i need it. 

Say how much do ferrox rivens usually trade for?