The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

40 Hour Work Week

CrazyCatLad

http://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/Digital-Extremes-Reviews-E238612.htm

"Cons – No company culture. Mostly unfriendly. No desire to make great games, just want to plod along getting by with the core staff. Very trigger happy to make large layoffs."

And that means it's ok because...? "Everyone else is doing it" is never a good argument to make, what with the suicide cults and all.

And you deliberately not speaking about the comment above that one (which is diametrically opposite). I'm not trying to protect DE neither to blame them, but your arguments are very one-sided and biased.

And you deliberately not speaking about the comment above that one (which is diametrically opposite). I'm not trying to protect DE neither to blame them, but your arguments are very one-sided and biased.

So are yours mate. Also in the first link I posted there seems to be a trend of depressing work environment and poor management. Now I admit I don't and can't know if it is some bitter ex employees making multiple accounts to paint DE in a bad light but to me it seems far fetched. 

And I find overly positive reviews on anything unreliable, In the first comment the only cons are "lacking in creativity and limiting itself to one genre" come on! I've been working or been on the job training in some of the best work communities I have seen and even I could think of some serious cons about them. And even then it wouldn't be malicious, it would be in hopes of them changing for the better.

they have Saturdays and Sundays off in other places in the world they work 6 full days and get Saturday and during said  days work 10-14 hours a day so excuse me while i scuff . 

the amount of hours they put in does not impress me.

if they held off on rushing out updates they wouldn't even need to spend all that extra time at the office fixing things that were working ideally before the patch.

So are yours mate. Also in the first link I posted there seems to be a trend of depressing work environment and poor management. Now I admit I don't and can't know if it is some bitter ex employees making multiple accounts to paint DE in a bad light but to me it seems far fetched. 

And I find overly positive reviews on anything unreliable, In the first comment the only cons are "lacking in creativity and limiting itself to one genre" come on! I've been working or been on the job training in some of the best work communities I have seen and even I could think of some serious cons about them. And even then it wouldn't be malicious, it would be in hopes of them changing for the better.

I find positive reviews unreliable at all :) Anyway, people tend to leave negative comments more often than positive, probably everyone knows it. That's why I prefer to judge someone based on statistics, not on comments, and while there are plenty of better places to work than DE, that site suggests that DE is rated pretty high in IT industry.

Also, they are quite large company. Different departments within company can have very, very different atmospheres, so comments may as well be influenced by this. Probably Megan or Steve will tell us different story than their support deck, and even more different than department that made Star Trek game and so on.

I find positive reviews unreliable at all :) Anyway, people tend to leave negative comments more often than positive, probably everyone knows it. That's why I prefer to judge someone based on statistics, not on comments, and while there are plenty of better places to work than DE, that site suggests that DE is rated pretty high in IT industry.

Also, they are quite large company. Different departments within company can have very, very different atmospheres, so comments may as well be influenced by this. Probably Megan or Steve will tell us different story than their support deck, and even more different than department that made Star Trek game and so on.

Of course Megan and Steve will tell different stories. Steve is middle management and Megan is community rep. They don't deal with the same stuff as the coders and whatever do.

Large company? Last I heard they have roughly 120 people working there. That is not large I'd say it's medium sized. Statistics can be skewed and I'm sure you know it. 

How's this for a statistic.

http://steamgraph.net/index.php?action=graph&appid=230410&from=1377574299

Of course Megan and Steve will tell different stories. Steve is middle management and Megan is community rep. They don't deal with the same stuff as the coders and whatever do.

Large company? Last I heard they have roughly 120 people working there. That is not large I'd say it's medium sized. Statistics can be skewed and I'm sure you know it. 

How's this for a statistic.

http://steamgraph.net/index.php?action=graph&appid=230410&from=1377574299

Their names was just an example cause my English isn't very good so I'm trying to use simple expressions if possible. I meant exactly the same - coders, support, different coders teams, they all can have different opinions depending on actual department.

Graph probably just displays community bored with current content, then update 10 hype, dissapointment with it, hype with some hotfix and returning to normal. Also, weekends.

Their names was just an example cause my English isn't very good so I'm trying to use simple expressions if possible. I meant exactly the same - coders, support, different coders teams, they all can have different opinions depending on actual department.

Graph probably just displays community bored with current content, then update 10 hype, dissapointment with it, hype with some hotfix and returning to normal. Also, weekends.

That's exactly what it says, you do understand it's not a good sign right? Returning to normal phase keeps getting pushed lower and lower.

why i must not buy it? for a single reason to make artificial difficulty for myself?

how about developer will provide me with content with challenge so i can deploy my arsenal for business instead of steamrolling?

What are the odds, that when new "hard" content actually goes in you'll be one of the people complaining that the game is ruined because it's now unplayable.

That's exactly what it says, you do understand it's not a good sign right? Returning to normal phase keeps getting pushed lower and lower.

And I thought we were discussing DE's working environment, not quality of the update (which is highly debatable, but there are enough opinions even without mine, so I'll keep it to myself and probably will just start reporting bugs again).

Same graph for all time actually displays not-so-bad statistics - current players number is almost the same as after release on Steam (which of course results in many new players, most of them don't even stay for long). Let's not forget that DE makes contracts with another game deployment companies (IAH for example).

And I thought we were discussing DE's working environment, not quality of the update (which is highly debatable, but there are enough opinions even without mine, so I'll keep it to myself and probably will just start reporting bugs again).

Same graph for all time actually displays not-so-bad statistics - current players number is almost the same as after release on Steam (which of course results in many new players, most of them don't even stay for long). Let's not forget that DE makes contracts with another game deployment companies (IAH for example).

You commented on the graph and I commented your comment on the graph. The website with the employer rating could be all just a personal vendetta by some disgruntled employee or it could not. What I do know is that over working employees to release buggy content fast as possible instead of taking it nice and slow to make sure employees get rest and they can release something they can be proud of is not good in the long run.