The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Legendary Weapons

-WARP-Huntress

I don't know if feedback is the place for suggestions but I came up with a relatively easy to implement idea to make using the same weapon over and over more useful. Relatively easy based on the current game system and balancing, I don't know about the code and all that.

So weapons have 8 mod slots. After you've polarized a weapon 8 times you can have polarized each slot.

On the 9th time you polarize the weapon, you can be given the option to instead of polarizing again, give the weapon a unique name.

And on the 10TH time, you are given the option to permanently fuse a mod into the weapon. The weapon gains the bonus from that mod, at whatever the mod's level is, and keeps it from level 0 to 30 from then on. The weapon cannot accept that type of mod anymore, BUT this opens up possibilities for adding additional mods to your weapon that you wouldn't have before because of your priorities for mods on that weapon.

Example: Skana name changed to Grineer Slayer at polarization 9. At polarization 10, you fuse a Smite Grineer mod which is at its max level with Grineer Slayer. Grineer Slayer resets to level 0, but now has a perminent +30% damage to Grineer.

NOW... You're probably thinking most people will just fuse the base damage mod into all their weapons for this, and that's fine. First of all, it takes FOREVER to get your Pressure Point and Serration and Hornet's Strike to max level.

Secondly: This makes continuing to play the game and looking for mods more applicable, because you LOSE the mod you fuse into your weapon, therefore you'll have to go and find and level it up again to use in other weapons, especially if you're using a base damage mod to fuse.

This also solves the thing people were asking about on some of the livestreams, about giving special visual effects to polarized weapons. If you fuse in one of the elemental damage mods, then your weapon has permanent electricity or fire or ice effects, so that's that.

Max Pressure point is easy.  Implementing this would buff shotgun and melee, since point blank is also easy to max.

Another thing, what about warframe?

And does this mean a weapon started with 2 formas will only have to forma 6 times before can become legendary?

Edited by Hueminator

That's... actually a pretty awesome idea, right there. Making weapons your own by renaming them and giving them a unique property of your choice for having put so much work into it. Perhaps even put a gold star next to the weapon's name instead of a row of silver stars to show it's now a Legendary or Masterwork weapon.

Hell, if the trading system ever comes, I'd see those Legendary/Masterwork weapons as a tradeable commodity and some players becoming some sort of weaponsmith. And to make sure to get proper recognition, your player name would be tagged on the weapon itself in the mod menu.

I personaly don't like this idea since I have read an idea like this in another thread before however, there the OP was talking about something like a permanent "upgrade" once u fulfilled certain requirements or tasks like "10k kills + 2k headshots, slain x number of enemys or played x missions" it was something among those lines and afterwards deciding for one of many "upgrades" for your weapon, maybe even with advantages and disadvantages. Maybe letting you chose accuracy or arpen over raw dmg, and increasing it multiple times, even mix those stats. That system sounds better than the one of legndary-weapons since this would allow for a lot more customisation and a lot more diversity and a weapon forged exactly the way you would want to play the game. But it might just be me who liked the idea better since the topic didn't get a lot of response...

This is a SOLID idea. I can really only think of two tweaks to it:

(1) When you hit the 10th polarization, the item gains a unique slot (like an aura slot), where you can permanently insert a mod. This is identical to the method proposed by the OP, with one change; while the mod is permanently slotted into the item, it remains open to being upgraded via fusion. So, if I get a certain rare mod I wanted for a weapon after I've done my 9th polarization, I don't have to wait to do my 10th polarization; I can go ahead and permanently slot that mod, and then upgrade it as I re-level the item.

(2) It's not a certain number of polarizations which unlocks the naming (which is a FANTASTIC idea, devs please take note of that) and the permanent mod slot; it's the state of the item's mod slots. So, once all 8 slots are polarized, each time you forma the item you're given the option to either (a) forma a slot as normal, changing its polarization, or (b) name the item. Once the item has been named, you have the option (as long as all 8 slots are still polarized) to add the permanent mod each further time you forma the item. That way, it doesn't matter if an item comes with polarized mod slots, because you may need to change those mod slot polarizations to match your mod build for the item anyway; it just means that that item has the potential to reach the unique name and permanent mod milestones a little faster than others. And it would force players who want the unique name and the permanent mod to polarize every slot before they can get them--and if they then want an unpolarized slot for some versatility, they'll have to forma AGAIN to de-polarize that slot AFTER they've achieved the unique name and permanent mod milestones. This would make it a longer process overall and increase the cost, which--to be frank--is probably good for the longevity and profitability of the game.

But yes, devs, take note of this idea. This is a GREAT idea.

I don't know if feedback is the place for suggestions but I came up with a relatively easy to implement idea to make using the same weapon over and over more useful. Relatively easy based on the current game system and balancing, I don't know about the code and all that.

So weapons have 8 mod slots. After you've polarized a weapon 8 times you can have polarized each slot.

On the 9th time you polarize the weapon, you can be given the option to instead of polarizing again, give the weapon a unique name.

And on the 10TH time, you are given the option to permanently fuse a mod into the weapon. The weapon gains the bonus from that mod, at whatever the mod's level is, and keeps it from level 0 to 30 from then on. The weapon cannot accept that type of mod anymore, BUT this opens up possibilities for adding additional mods to your weapon that you wouldn't have before because of your priorities for mods on that weapon.

Example: Skana name changed to Grineer Slayer at polarization 9. At polarization 10, you fuse a Smite Grineer mod which is at its max level with Grineer Slayer. Grineer Slayer resets to level 0, but now has a perminent +30% damage to Grineer.

NOW... You're probably thinking most people will just fuse the base damage mod into all their weapons for this, and that's fine. First of all, it takes FOREVER to get your Pressure Point and Serration and Hornet's Strike to max level.

Secondly: This makes continuing to play the game and looking for mods more applicable, because you LOSE the mod you fuse into your weapon, therefore you'll have to go and find and level it up again to use in other weapons, especially if you're using a base damage mod to fuse.

This also solves the thing people were asking about on some of the livestreams, about giving special visual effects to polarized weapons. If you fuse in one of the elemental damage mods, then your weapon has permanent electricity or fire or ice effects, so that's that.

second_coming3.jpg

Can you solve world hunger as well please?

Installing forma process should do something to weapon visually.

I don't like the idea which supports further power creep. 

Actually he said what I thought ...

forma isnt enough?

ugh, pls no

the mmorpg nerd community is addicted to power creep worse than a crack addict =[

+1 !