Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bye De.

GSGregory

You made me finally want to respond. No. I am holding them to the standard that has come from finding good games and good devs. Sorry if because i have seen better than S#&$ that I have come to expect better than S#&$.

I don't. Even Bungie, my favorite game dev, keeps all its projects secret. No feedback; private betas within the company, and what you see is what you get. The only time they've ever accepted feedback was when the damages were screwed up in halo reach for the first month. I understand what you mean, but I don't think quitting is an appropriate response.

That's just my opinion. I don't expect anyone here to agree.

You made me finally want to respond. No. I am holding them to the standard that has come from finding good games and good devs. Sorry if because i have seen better than S#&$ that I have come to expect better than S#&$.

I thought you left, I thought you were leaving, I though that DE were horrible greedy devs making a game and being abusive and dismissive to their fan base and you wanted nothing to do with them.

Or was i mistaken and this is in fact an unnecessarily public and childish temper tantrum and bid for attention (which i am sadly now providing).

I'd say don't let the door hit your, but then I'd have to believe you'd actually leave.

Edited by Agent_of_Change

I don't. Even Bungie, my favorite game dev, keeps all its projects secret. No feedback; private betas within the company, and what you see is what you get. The only time they've ever accepted feedback was when the damages were screwed up in halo reach for the first month. I understand what you mean, but I don't think quitting is an appropriate response.

That's just my opinion. I don't expect anyone here to agree.

I simply have hit the point where I don't see warframe growing as a game past this point. I quit tribes awhile back because of the devs and now they pretty much dumped the game. 

I have seen and know better dev teams and will simply continue to seek more of them. 

I simply have hit the point where I don't see warframe growing as a game past this point. I quit tribes awhile back because of the devs and now they pretty much dumped the game. 

I have seen and know better dev teams and will simply continue to seek more of them. 

Will you give up on every dev team that disagrees with your feedback?

So go do it then... stop f'ing saying you're going to over and over here. No one cares.

Will you give up on every dev team that disagrees with your feedback?

You miss the point. They didn't disagree with feedback. They said they refuse to listen to it. It isn't the issue of implementing something but the disregard for actually wanting to make things better in the game. I am simply not interested in the terrible direction they want to take things and the fact that they refuse to learn that this direction just pushes people away from the game.

I stopped playing tribes because they had said that they will only listen to "pro" players aka any and all feedback given on the forums was a waste of space.

The simple fact is I have my standards and expectations just like everyone else in the world. DE does not live up to my basic standards and I will move on.

And right now the only reason I am responding to the thread is because some of your responses are pretty entertaining.

Edited by GSGregory

From the quote you gave in the OP did it or did it not say that they were still asking for feedback?

If they got enough feedback saying how players found the referral system to have flaws then they would consider changing it..

just because they said that is it "staying as it is" does not mean it will stay that way forever, just until they have enough feedback

From the quote you gave in the OP did it or did it not say that they were still asking for feedback?

If they got enough feedback saying how players found the referral system to have flaws then they would consider changing it..

just because they said that is it "staying as it is" does not mean it will stay that way forever, just until they have enough feedback

Exactly, plus, it's only on the one issue of the referral program. Not anything else. I believe, OP, your concerns are melting away.

You miss the point. They didn't disagree with feedback. They said they refuse to listen to it. It isn't the issue of implementing something but the disregard for actually wanting to make things better in the game. I am simply not interested in the terrible direction they want to take things and the fact that they refuse to learn that this direction just pushes people away from the game.

I stopped playing tribes because they had said that they will only listen to "pro" players aka any and all feedback given on the forums was a waste of space.

The simple fact is I have my standards and expectations just like everyone else in the world. DE does not live up to my basic standards and I will move on.

And right now the only reason I am responding to the thread is because some of your responses are pretty entertaining.

You're still here?

I feel that you're not leaving, rather you're just trying to make a point to DE in a different manner :P or maybe I'm just crazy to think that lol. :3

just my 2cents or bucks or w/e people say anymore... lalalala

I honestly think he is just waiting for some kind of response from DE so he can fangirl all over the place and be overwhelmed by the feels

I took it to mean roughly "This is going to stay how it is, it's not changing, but if we implement something similar in the future, we'll take your feedback into consideration."

Since you refuse to leave as you would say you would I will attempt to engage you:

You miss the point. They didn't disagree with feedback. They said they refuse to listen to it. It isn't the issue of implementing something but the disregard for actually wanting to make things better in the game.

How about some proof here buddy, how about some definitive proof that DE doesn't want to improve their game.  I mean You can pull up any of the most recent live streams or look into the feedback sections or the design council to see good examples of enthusiasm and taking player feedback into account. So i'm not buying your the "Devs work really hard to torpedo their game cause they don't care" theory

I am simply not interested in the terrible direction they want to take things and the fact that they refuse to learn that this direction just pushes people away from the game.

"People" or you, you are aware you aren't everyone, and you don't speak for everyone.  You are aware that many people are generally happy with the direction the game seems to be heading, what with it still being a 'beta' game one assumes it's got lots of room to grow and change.  If you happen to be privy to information the rest of us aren't please share otherwise you are beign pretty aggressive with your personal assertions based on a pretty serious self-interested bias.

Fantastic, good for you, th]is means what here?  You are aware that tribes is a different game right? Were you also aware that the forums generally represents a small portion of a gaming community and that most of the posts on a forum are generally by a very small minority of the the forum posters.  Were you also aware that forums are becoming more and more reactionary and toxic, filled with self interested drama queens that seem to think they know how to better make the games they play then the devs that make them (you certainly wouldn't be aware of that though).

Point is if you are gonna go, then go, If you must explain yourself do so to the people that matter, the Devs, if you don't think they'll care well... we don't either.  All a "goodbye thread" filled with half-assed accusations, hostile opinions paraded as 'facts', and half-baked assertions without proof, shows is that you aren't interested in leaving or making change, you are interested in drama and whining that the mean ol'devs didn't listen to your genius. 

Are you sure that you're reading what they're saying instead of what you want to read?

Cause if you pay close attention to what they're saying, it says that they're open to feedback but don't want to make a certain change.

Also, if you're going to leave, then just do it. There's no need to whine in the forums because you're assuming S#&$ about the devs.

I honestly dislike this topic, not because of the topic itself, but because of the reaction. This kind of harassment has absolutely zero use, and makes the community as a whole look worse. Whether you agree with the OP's criticism or his decision to leave isn't relevant to whether he ought to be treated politely.

I honestly dislike this topic, not because of the topic itself, but because of the reaction. This kind of harassment has absolutely zero use, and makes the community as a whole look worse. Whether you agree with the OP's criticism or his decision to leave isn't relevant to whether he ought to be treated politely.

In a word (or more accurately an acronym) GIGO.

Garbage In Garbage Out.

Treating all posts fairly and equally regardless of content or intent (obvious or otherwise) serves no master but fairness for fairness sake and that is NOT a good thing.  Some things deserve contempt in the interest of differentiating the from legitimate feedback and noise drowning out the signal.  A not even disguised temper tantrum with no purpose other than to declare loudly in the manner of a toddler that "I am mad look at me, I'ma run away" deserves exactly the recognition is has received.   If you want respect and reasonable discourse start there or get what you get.

(I'm not attacking you TemetNosce, I respect your premise but I find we must distinguish between threads worthy of respect and discourse and those that are simply created to drag down legitimate discourse because some one is "mad".)

If you're not having fun anymore then by all means find something else to do. Sometimes people get so involved and spend every moment awake doing nothing but the same thing over and over, day after day. Like for example play Warframe and spend time on the forums .. This is all they do for months on end. Boredom sets in and for some, depression. They start analyzing everything about said game and just get so consumed politics, drama and negativity takes over their lives. Its happened so many people with others games like World Of Warcraft for example. Anyways, I'll make this quicker.. Please OP, get up out of that chair and take deep breath. Walk outside and enjoy the many joys of life. Limit yourself to gaming forums and the games themselves. They are for having fun and when that's all gone its time to move on.

Since you refuse to leave as you would say you would I will attempt to engage you:

How about some proof here buddy, how about some definitive proof that DE doesn't want to improve their game.  I mean You can pull up any of the most recent live streams or look into the feedback sections or the design council to see good examples of enthusiasm and taking player feedback into account. So i'm not buying your the "Devs work really hard to torpedo their game cause they don't care" theory

"People" or you, you are aware you aren't everyone, and you don't speak for everyone.  You are aware that many people are generally happy with the direction the game seems to be heading, what with it still being a 'beta' game one assumes it's got lots of room to grow and change.  If you happen to be privy to information the rest of us aren't please share otherwise you are beign pretty aggressive with your personal assertions based on a pretty serious self-interested bias.

Fantastic, good for you, th]is means what here?  You are aware that tribes is a different game right? Were you also aware that the forums generally represents a small portion of a gaming community and that most of the posts on a forum are generally by a very small minority of the the forum posters.  Were you also aware that forums are becoming more and more reactionary and toxic, filled with self interested drama queens that seem to think they know how to better make the games they play then the devs that make them (you certainly wouldn't be aware of that though).

Point is if you are gonna go, then go, If you must explain yourself do so to the people that matter, the Devs, if you don't think they'll care well... we don't either.  All a "goodbye thread" filled with half-assed accusations, hostile opinions paraded as 'facts', and half-baked assertions without proof, shows is that you aren't interested in leaving or making change, you are interested in drama and whining that the mean ol'devs didn't listen to your genius. 

I read this and all I can say is thank you for saying exactly what I was thinking.  I applaud you greatly sir or madame.