Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Operator suits and warframe skins don't look good with that many color schemes

MilkCalf

I was recently trying to color the Emissary suit and I was very bummed how bad it looks with any remotely light colors. This has been a thing for quite a few things; some skins or suits are designed for specific color schemes and look really off if you go too far from that. It's even worse with operator suits which me and many others seem to like to mix and match. If you have different suits on and they take colors in different ways it's very easy to have one look comically bright and another dull and dark.

• Like 2

Some people may agree with you, but you're not meant to mix outfit parts and expect the color schemes to match.

That, by its very definition, is dumb. Also, you do need to have access to a few -decent- color palettes before you attempt at coloring something properly.

Ooh oh oh.. I see we got some elitists going on here! Just a pointer, not every people can gather what is needed for palettes aside from seasonal ones, and also people have their own takes on things, so I'm really not happy to see people catering to the herd mentality but I'm drifting away from topic

You have no rights to judge someone based on their palette inventory, nor to shame people because they have palettes you don't deem worthy of your eyes. It's true, sets are meant to work as sets, but why can't they do more? Having more customization would enable oneself to have more customization, and a lot of what makes Warframe so great is high customization, both in modding but also aesthetically. So yea, I'm very frustrated to see people always tie colors to decency and imagination.

Edited by D.M.G.World
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, Uhkretor said:

Some people may agree with you, but you're not meant to mix outfit parts and expect the color schemes to match.

That, by its very definition, is dumb. Also, you do need to have access to a few -decent- color palettes before you attempt at coloring something properly.

It's not about expectation, but experimentation. There's surprisingly many combinations that work if you are imaginative enough to consider them.

I assure you I have plenty to work with. Go ahead and tell me I don't have high enough MR to comprehend fashion next.

13 minutes ago, MilkCalf said:

It's not about expectation, but experimentation. There's surprisingly many combinations that work if you are imaginative enough to consider them.

I assure you I have plenty to work with. Go ahead and tell me I don't have high enough MR to comprehend fashion next.

Before you get the wrong impression, I don't give a rats ass about fashion (to put it mildly). What I'm telling you is that you can't expect some parts to work properly when mixing with other outfit parts, when their color scheme isn't the same. And its not about the pattern, its about what each of the properties is defined on the outfit itself...

... But since you have plenty to work with, and its all about experimentation (as you pointed out), go experiment. When you're done experimenting, then you'll know what works and what not... And if you feel like sharing, there's the General Discussion sub-section to do it.

Also:

42 minutes ago, D.M.G.World said:

Ooh oh oh.. I see we got some elitists going on here! Just a pointer, not every people can gather what is needed for palettes aside from seasonal ones, and also people have their own takes on things, so I'm really not happy to see people catering to the herd mentality but I'm drifting away from topic

You have no rights to judge someone based on their palette inventory, nor to shame people because they have palettes you don't deem worthy of your eyes. It's true, sets are meant to work as sets, but why can't they do more? Having more customization would enable oneself to have more customization, and a lot of what makes Warframe so great is high customization, both in modding but also aesthetically. So yea, I'm very frustrated to see people always tie colors to decency and imagination.

Its not being elitist... Like I said, I don't give a rats ass about fashion. If the OP is already done with his experiments, then its probably best for him/her to actually know what color works best, on what outfit it fits best because this  V

2 hours ago, Steru said:

My emissary suit is white/light grey for the most and it looks fine to me

happened. I can actually confirm what Steru said and more.

Edited by Uhkretor