Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Uran, the Nuclear Reactor [Warframe Concept]

MuscleBeach

Uran is a Male Warframe with a nuclear reactor in his chest.

He does not use Energy. Instead, he has a unique Catalyst Mechanic that increases and decreases based on the ability used. Also, the more Catalyst that is built up, the stronger and faster he becomes, until Melting down. Details in the Passive

Health: 300 (base 100)

Shield: 375 (base 125)

Armor: 310

Energy: -

Sprint: 1

Passive: Nuclear Core (Contains two different effects)

Spoiler

Uran draws power from the nuclear core in his chest to cast his abilities, gaining and losing stacks of Catalyzer which make him stronger and faster.

Catalyzer    
Power Strength 3%  
Total Speed 2%  
Duration 5s  

Duration of all stacks refresh whenever you gain or lose stacks of Catalyzer.

Total speed is Movement Speed, Attack Speed, and Fire Rate. 

You do the effect of the ability then adjust the Catalyzer stack.

Stack bonuses and duration are not affected by any mods or buffs. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Operating at Critical levels for too long will force the reactor into a Meltdown, releasing all of the Catalyzer in an explosion around you, putting you back to 0 Catalyzer.

The Critical levels Threshold is the amount of stacks you need to have greater than or equal to for 4 consecutive seconds to trigger the Meltdown explosion. 

Meltdown    
Critical Threshold 20 Cata Effic
Meltdown in 4s  
Explode Damage 1700 Blast Str
Radius 16m Rng

Guaranteed Blast and Fire Proc.

The 4s time to Meltdown is not mod-able.

The Explosion interrupts anything you're doing and knocks you down. 

Positive Efficiency increases Critical Mass threshold, which means you can get more Catalyzer stacks before worrying about triggering Meltdown or not. Negative Efficiency reduces the cap, causing Meltdown to trigger more easily. This is the only interaction Efficiency has on this Warframe but it's a big interaction.  

NOTE: Efficiency does not affect the Catalyzer cost of abilities. It only affects the Catalyzer Amount required to Meltdown in the Passive.

Ability 1: Fission Blades

Spoiler

Dash at an enemy with radiated blades emitting from your arms, stabbing them and sending a shockwave behind them.

Catalyst +1  
Dash Range 17m  
Damage 250 Fire Str
Damage 250 Rad Str
Cone Angle 60 + 2 /cata  
Cone Range 4 + 0.5m/cata Rng Base Only

Damage boosted by Melee Mods.

Full damage is dealt to the target and enemies in the shockwave cone.

Cone Angle and Cone Range increase with each stack of Catalyzer.

Ability 2: Particle Spatter

Spoiler

After a 1.25s casting animation, randomly auto target enemies within a cone and repeatedly blast them with particles. 

Catalyzer +3 /s  
Projectiles /s 5  
Damage /proj 140 Rad Str
Status /proj 15%  
Target Cone 60 Degrees  
Initial width 3m  
Cone Length 17m Rng
Armor Reduction 25% Str

After the starting Casting Animation, this ability channels for as long as the ability key is pressed.

The Catalyzer gain /s does not start until the casting animation finishes. 

Movement is severely slowed while channeling and you can only walk. 

Targeting is effected by Line of Sight.

Projectiles have flight speed but are super fast. 

Armor reduction is permanent.

Ability 3: Radiate

Spoiler

Release a burst of stored energy, radiating those around you. 

Catalyzer -5  
Damage 600 Mag Str
Damage 350 Rad /s Str
Status 50%  
Duration 6s Dur
Range 11m Rng

Magnetic damage is instant.

Radiation damage is over time.

Recasting before duration ends will not add a new stack of radiation damage, it will refresh the duration. 

Ability 4: Absorption

Spoiler

Absorb the built up Catalyzer and process it into your life systems, restoring; health, then shields, then increasing armor.

Catalyzer -All  
Restore Amount 20 /Cata Str
Armor Cap 1500  
Armor Duration 30s Dur

Recasting before the armor duration finishes will refresh the timer. 

Example: At 15 stacks and a maxed Intensify mod. 20 * (1 + .30 + (0.03 * 15 Stacks) = 35 per stack of Catalyzer; totals 525 Restore Amount. 

Thank you for reading! Please let me know any criticisms and suggestions you may have 🙂

Edited by MuscleBeach
Reworked core mechanics of frame.
  • Like 2

I like the feeling this concept would have.
The 1st feels like a Protoss Berserk (from StarCraft universe) and I like the radiation mechanics.
Would certainly give it a try if such a thing were to be included.

To be honest... i was first sceptical because Oberon does already a good job with radiation but your approach is original. 🙂

40 minutes ago, DarkRuler2500 said:

I like the feeling this concept would have.
The 1st feels like a Protoss Berserk (from StarCraft universe) and I like the radiation mechanics.
Would certainly give it a try if such a thing were to be included.

To be honest... i was first sceptical because Oberon does already a good job with radiation but your approach is original. 🙂

I really appreciate that, thank you! 

• 4 weeks later...

Added Fire Rate to Passive. 

Added hold to cast to Ability 2 to release more Spatter. Also reduced its energy cost. 

Reduced Ability 3 range but increased damage. 

I didn't want this to be another Atlas where only the first ability is useful 90% of the time. These changes would allow other play-styles to be used, like Meltdown into Spatter spam. 

I also didn't want the Fission Blades to be a re-skinned Landslide. It does more base damage but cone area instead of radial area, making this much more "single" target focused instead of room clearing. Cone widens with more catalyst so it can still get some good area after some casts. 

On 2019-10-21 at 7:26 PM, MuscleBeach said:

Certain abilities add or remove a stack of Catalyst.

The Stack lasts for 5s and has its duration refreshed whenever you gain a stack.

Each stack adds all of the following:

1 Health Regen /s

7% Power Strength

5% Sprint Speed

5% Melee Attack Speed / Fire Rate

-5% Efficiency

None of these values, including duration, are mod-able.

When casting an ability, you do the ability then change the Catalyst amount. 

I just think it would be wise to add a cap for the numbers of stacks , because I don't trust the energy system in warframe. Using enought energy pizzas , for example , you could push this buff to truly silly highs.

Dash at your enemies, slicing them with nuclear powered blades emitting from your arms.

Works Exactly like Landslide but with different numbers and cone area damage instead of radial. No Rag dolling every 3rd hit. Recovery animation should be slightly quicker. 

Fission Blades 25 Energy  
Catalyst +1  
Dash Range 20m  
Damage 400 Heat Rad
Combo Duration 1s  
Combo buffs: 3 Tiers  
Damage Multiplier 0x/2x/4x

The mutiplier should be 1x/2x/4x because 0x means the first casts deals 0 damage.

Eject a spray of radioactive waste at your foes, damaging and melting their armor.

Can hold down cast button to repeatedly recast 2 times /s. First cast casting time 1.25s.

Cost 30 Energy  
Catalyst  -1  
Damage 400f 300r  
Status 20%  
Target Cone 60 Degrees  
Initial width 3m  
Cone Length 17m  
Armor Reduction 25%  

Cone attack. Armor reduction is permanent.

I just thing it would be cooler to make a held skill out of this ( like chroma's 1 but good )

Radiate energy whenever you cast an ability, dealing damage to your foes and energizing you and your allies. 

Cost 75 Energy
Energy Gain 1
Shield Restore 50
Damage 350 Rad
Status 10%
Range 11m
Duration 25s

The shield restore is to small even for a repeatable effect , shields suck that much. 

Put the reactor into overdrive, generating Catalyst and reducing the energy cost of all abilities to 0 before melting down and exploding, removing all Catalyst. 

Cost 100 Energy
Catalyst +5 / -All
Overdrive Duration 4s
Damage 2000 Blast
Range 20m

Guaranteed Blast status.

Guaranteed Fire status.

Casting adds 5 Catalyst immediately and does not have a restrictive animation. For 4s, you can cast abilities as much as you want, gaining/losing Catalyst as normal. After 4s, you explode (this will have a restrictive animation) and all Catalyst stacks are removed. 

I would rater have his passive as meter and the meltdown effect be just part of his passive. If you stay x seconds at 100% , you no longer can reduce the meter but your skills won't use energy either. Meltdowns ocurs after y seconds. After meltdown frame changes state to dormant reactor and has a slightly diferent skill set until you reactive the reactor.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2019-11-21 at 9:12 AM, keikogi said:

I don't trust the energy system in warframe.

Me neither. Energy is gone now, Catalyzer is used to cast abilities.Efficiency is still very relevant due to the passive.

The mutiplier should be 1x/2x/4x because 0x means the first casts deals 0 damage.

My mistake! Reworked the skill to no longer be like Landslide at all as that was bothering me. 

I just thing it would be cooler to make a held skill out of this ( like chroma's 1 but good )

Done, but slightly different I think. More like Gauss's 1.

I would rater have his passive as meter and the meltdown effect be just part of his passive. If you stay x seconds at 100% , you no longer can reduce the meter but your skills won't use energy either. Meltdowns ocurs after y seconds.

Done. Entire Warframe reworked and I like the changes to the abilities that I was forced to do to make this happen. 

One thing I'm missing, a draw back for triggering Meltdown or reducing the time to trigger it. 

Opening post updated with changes but here it is as well. Pretty much everything is different in how it works:

Spoiler
On 2019-10-21 at 2:26 PM, MuscleBeach said:

Uran is a Male Warframe with a nuclear reactor in his chest.

He does not use Energy. Instead, he has a unique Catalyst Mechanic that increases and decreases based on the ability used. Also, the more Catalyst that is built up, the stronger and faster he becomes, until Melting down. 

Health: 300 (base 100)

Shield: 375 (base 125)

Armor: 310

Energy: -

Sprint: 1

Passive: Nuclear Core (Contains two different effects)

Reveal hidden contents

Uran draws power from the nuclear core in his chest to cast his abilities, gaining and losing stacks of Catalyzer which make him stronger and faster.

Catalyzer    
Power Strength 3%  
Total Speed 2%  
Duration 5s  

Duration of all stacks refresh whenever you gain or lose stacks of Catalyzer.

Total speed is Movement Speed, Attack Speed, and Fire Rate. 

You do the effect of the ability then adjust the Catalyzer stack.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Operating beyond Critical Mass for too long will force the reactor into a Meltdown, releasing all of the Catalyzer in an explosion around you, putting you back to 0 Catalyzer.

Meltdown    
Critical Mass 20 Cata Effic
Meltdown in 4s  
Damage 1700 Blast Str
Radius 14m Rng

Guaranteed Blast Proc.

Guaranteed Fire proc.

Positive Efficiency increases Critical Mass, which means you can get more Catalyzer stacks before worrying about triggering Meltdown or not. Negative Efficiency reduces the cap, causing Meltdown to trigger more easily.

NOTE: Efficiency does not affect the Catalyzer cost of abilities.

Ability 1: Fission Blades

Reveal hidden contents

Dash at an enemy, stabbing them with radiated blades emitting from your arms.

Catalyst +1  
Dash Range 17m  
Damage 250 Fire Str
Damage 250 Rad Str
Cone Angle 60 +2m /cata  
Cone Range 4 + 0.5m/cata Rng Base Only

Damage boosted by Melee Mods.

Cone Angle and Cone Range increase with each stack of Catalyzer.

Ability 2: Particle Spatter

Reveal hidden contents

After a 1.25s casting delay, randomly auto target enemies within a cone and repeatedly blast them with particles. 

Catalyzer +3 /s  
Projectiles /s 5  
Damage /proj 140 Rad Str
Status /proj 15%  
Target Cone 60 Degrees  
Initial width 3m  
Cone Length 17m Rng
Armor Reduction 25% Str

After the starting Casting Animation, this ability channels for as long as the ability key is pressed.

Can't move while channeling. 

Targeting is effected by Line of Sight.

Projectiles have flight speed but super fast. 

Armor reduction is permanent.

Ability 3: Radiate

Reveal hidden contents

Release a burst of stored energy, radiating those around you. 

Catalyzer -5  
Damage 200 Mag Str
Damage 300 Rad /s Str
Status 30%  
Duration 6s Dur
Range 11m Rng

Magnetic damage is instant.

Radiation damage is over time.

Ability 4: Absorption

Reveal hidden contents

Absorb the built up Catalyzer and processing it into your life systems; restoring health, then shields, then increasing armor.

Catalyzer -All  
Restore Amount 15 /Cata Str
Armor Cap 1500  
Armor Duration 30s Dur

Example: Restore 500. Refills missing heath, then missing shield, then if any is still left over, it will add to armor, up to the bonus cap. 

Thank you for reading! Please let me know any criticism and suggestions you may have 🙂

2 hours ago, MuscleBeach said:

One thing I'm missing, a draw back for triggering Meltdown or reducing the time to trigger it. 

Why not a concrete sarcophagus like the one used to Contain Chernobyl. Image Bellow

Spoiler

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTCPIhUyt06OQN8Vj6uhSe

After the meltdown he will receive a Iron skin like protection but will have reduced speed and self silence until the Sarcophagus Breaks.

On 2019-11-29 at 1:15 PM, keikogi said:

Why not a concrete sarcophagus like the one used to Contain Chernobyl. Image Bellow

Added a self knockdown to the Meltdown explosion. The more I think about it, the draw back of losing your Catalyzer stacks with the knockdown is good enough. The damage may be big for a passive ability, but it's not spam-able at all and in most situations, it'll happen in an untimely matter (when barely anything is alive to blow up). You also have to choose between the Explosion and Absorption; AOE Damage or Health restore and Armor buff. 

On 2019-11-29 at 1:15 PM, keikogi said:

After the meltdown he will receive a Iron skin like protection but will have reduced speed and self silence until the Sarcophagus Breaks.

I thought about adding something like this in anyways, just for flavor, but I feel it'll take too much away from the quality of life when it's not needed in the first place. 

Also added a bunch of clarity to abilities in the opening post. 

Edited by MuscleBeach