Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Espiravit, The Shadow of Death.

(PSN)chris1pat8twins

For starters I’ve seen multiple posts about a shadowy frame and decided to make a concept of my own. To basically give an alternative that I’ve been thinking about for a bit since the first post I’ve seen. 

Appearance: kind of picturing a more sickly version of Wisp in a way. Like being very thin compared to most frames. More... anorexic when it comes to overall shape. Has its own style of floating. It would have like a sort of dress or cloak, similar design to Night Equinox mixed with a little Wisp. Would draw it but I’m not super good at drawing.  But basically picture wisp with more of Equinox Prime lower dress, Nekros’s boney details with more of Inaros’s agile stance. Was thinking of it being a female. 

Health: 250

Shield: 250

Armor: 100

Speed: 1.1

Energy: 240

Roughly the stats. I’m not very good but this frame would have stats similar to Loki. Mainly to fit the appearance.

Passive: standing in shaded areas grants invisibility. 

First Ability: hops into an enemy’s shadow(or becomes one) and drains enemies health unnoticed. Have to look at an enemy to activate. Flying enemies may be an exception.

Second Ability: becomes a shadow on the ground or walls and gains increased movement speed and invulnerability. Similar animation to Hydroids undertow except becomes like a black fog on the floor or walls. 

Third Ability: area around the frame becomes dark/darker and reduces enemy accuracy. Enemies that are caught inside the radius are vulnerable to finishers/true damage. Can even affect Mirage’s Eclipse. 

Forth Ability: creates a shadow that the frame stabs and all shaded areas nearby have a shadowy blade/spike shoot out and pierces anybody in range. Including enemy shadows. May require an effect like all enemies nearby will have a more noticeable shadow appear underneath them where the shadow spike hits them. Inflicts true damage and unalerted enemies are executed. 

The abilities I chose are to make this frame a very good survivalist and a stealthy executioner. Basically when the job needs to be executed quietly, this frame would be the go to. Also the abilities would synergies more with each other as well.  

Alternatives Abilities:

Being able to create shadowy clones of the enemies that distracts them. Bullets that passes right through the shadow clones would inflict damage to other enemies that are hit. Or the clones are linked to the enemies so when they shoot them they actually hurt themselves. 

Name: kind of thinking of Exspiravit. Which is Latin for Ghost. Umbra means shadow so we kind of can’t use it. Unless we want to call it something like Mortumbra which is a combination of Mortem which means death and Umbra which means Shadow. Names are tricky and usually based on real Latin words. 

Either way, hope to see more suggestions. 

• Like 1

If you've play Mirage a lot, you'll realize that the shadows on the floor can't really be trusted to be shadows... I really like your abilities but this is a weakness of DEs that I believe you have to work around so i have issues with some. 

On 2019-10-23 at 8:40 AM, (PS4)chris1pat8twins said:

Passive: standing in shaded areas grants invisibility

I do not like this passive at all because of the reasons I stated above. It's otherwise a cool passive. If the shadows could be trusted, i would add that attacking breaks invisibility.

First Ability: hops into an enemy’s shadow(or becomes one) and drains enemies health unnoticed. Have to look at an enemy to activate. Flying enemies may be an exception.

For the same reasons stated above, I would change this to be a short range teleport that will teleport you behind an enemy and makes you invisible as long as you stay within a small radius of them and a couple seconds after leaving that radius. Flying enemies would be immune to this as that's how things tend to go but with my change they can be affected. 

Second Ability: becomes a shadow on the ground or walls and gains increased movement speed and invulnerability. Similar animation to Hydroids undertow except becomes like a black fog on the floor or walls. 

I would add a bit more to this because it's more similar to Wukongs cloud movement thing than it is to undertow and both of those things do more than this. Not sucking people in and not opening to finishers, just for the sake of originality (but opening to finishers does fit very well). Maybe a Deactivation mechanic (so it's channeled) that does a melee attack to everyone inside it and then opens them to finishers if they're still alive? Just more ideas for you. 

Third Ability: area around the frame becomes dark/darker and reduces enemy accuracy. Enemies that are caught inside the radius are vulnerable to finishers/true damage. Can even affect Mirage’s Eclipse. 

This doesn't do enough. Maybe make it so that it blinds anyone within a very small radius. Or lower accuracy in a large radius and blind in a small radius. Do not interact with Mirage as that could be annoying for them (personal rule of mine) (although most people probably want the damage reduction on her anyways). 

Forth Ability: creates a shadow that the frame stabs and all shaded areas nearby have a shadowy blade/spike shoot out and pierces anybody in range. Including enemy shadows. May require an effect like all enemies nearby will have a more noticeable shadow appear underneath them where the shadow spike hits them. Inflicts true damage and unalerted enemies are executed. 

Overpowered. Never put true damage on an ability. I like the idea behind it though. I'm having trouble coming up with suggestions though because it also suffers from the you can't trust shadows bit I talked about. 

All in all, I really like this warframe idea :)