The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nerfs Would Be Fine - Except

(PSN)Limorkil

I can agree that Warframe has this fundamental contradiction between making us commit to items we want to bring to full power, particularly through the use of consumables that we're incentivized to buy with plat (i.e. real-world money), and following a living game development process where said items are bound to get buffed, nerfed, or reworked at some point. In isolation, it's par for the course for f2p games to offer consumable power items (and Warframe is better than most in that it lets us access those consumables for free through play), and it's normal and necessary for games in ongoing development to alter their design and balance over time, but when the two are put together, the end result is a system where players will grind or pay to max out their items, only to have that commitment punished sometimes via nerfs to said items. The fact that players tend to commit only to the strongest items around, i.e. the likeliest to be nerfed, makes this problem even more frequent. Thus, DE is forced with the unfortunate choice of freezing their game's development (which would likely kill it), removing their game's reliance on paid bonuses (which may not be feasible given the game's monetization scheme), or simply continuing with the current state of affairs, and alleviating some of the pain via Forma refunds.

• Like 1