Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The new Kuva lich is a bad idea.

DarkKillerHunter

On 2019-11-01 at 3:55 PM, ArkThanatos said:

what is it with this bloody community and #*!%ing *@##$ing about "oh im forced to play this, This is too hard. i cant do that!"
you are forced to fight the stalker.. thats about it. an thats only cos he locks the doors. 
SO if you dont wanna do it.. then dont. 
nothing in this game is hard.
and if you cant do it... adapt and learn. 

this new lich system is actually fantastic. of everything this yr they have done. this and hIldryn have been the best things! 
the lich system can be by passed. 

THIS is a great addition. it is adding more to the game, for the first time in 4 months i have sat down and Enjoyed playing warframe. the higher level mobs. the new shinny things. all round.. this is something the game has desperately needed. AND i have played for 6hrs and not finished it all. this is a Big thing for DE atm, they have done something pretty damn good. Along side Ember being great again!

but if you dont like kuva, relics and rivens.... you know destiny is FTP now right?

is it still fantastic? XD how are you doing in destiny btw? having more fun there i guess

I believe 2 things would greatly alleviate the painful Kuva Lich experience.

1. Remove "Reward Theft". Even introducing something as hindering gameplay mechanics (assassination groups you have to kill to complete a mission, doors getting auto-locked as the Lich taunts you, etc.) would be less punishing and far more involved methods of *tormenting* the player.
  2. Remove Kuva Lich's instant-death-on-Requiem-failure mechanism. It's not fun, engaging, or even necessary. It does not have the impact the Devs intended of making the Lich seem more dangerous or intimidating -- it's just annoying and immersion-breaking, particularly when you gauge the difference in Power Feats our Warframes have likely performed by this point of the content VS the Lich's (which essentially amounts to getting juiced up on something our own Operators might have taken depending on their choice at the end of The War Within.) Preferably, the Lich would escape before you get a chance to try a different combination, or some such.

I feel these are both extremely important distractions to remove before Kuva Liches get upgraded into the Empyrean content.

As another more invasive suggestion, rather than having to constantly go to your Parazon menu in the Arsenal before every mission attempt: I would like for the Requiem system to allow players to slot them together from their inventory during the kill attempt, using an interface like the Corpus/Grineer terminal puzzles. This would let us try different combinations consecutively instead of having to waste time rotating the mods around in the Arsenal during each attempt.

Edited by Exodess
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2019-12-24 at 7:04 AM, SnowRyder said:

is it still fantastic? XD how are you doing in destiny btw? having more fun there i guess

its still good, it needs to have more stuff added to it. it needs more updates, hope it doesn't become another conclave\poe\so\eso\fortuna\lenaro\salvage\arbirtaions forgotten content piece.