Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Status procs doesn't work on Kuva Thralls and Liches

Aurruxco

Granted I've only had one lich so far. I still fought my lich multiple times. But unfortunately, status procs don't work on him and his thralls. It's bad enough when you die a number of times from the lich and have to kill the succeeding high level thralls to get murmurs. 

On my experience, I fought level 90 thralls ranging from grineer lancers to bombards. Fighting the bombard thralls are really bad,due to the high armor. You can use Magus Lockdown to cc them at least, BUT thralls have diminishing returns with magus lockdown so sooner or later, if you don't have a meta/OP weapons to kill the thrall. You're gonna have a bad time!

It feels like I'm being forced to use crit weapons to kill the thralls. 

Please let the thralls and liches be affected by status

Edited by Aurruxco
Updated information

• 2 weeks later...
On 2019-11-02 at 1:16 AM, Aurruxco said:

Granted I've only had one lich so far. I still fought my lich multiple times. But unfortunately, status procs don't work on him and his thralls. It's bad enough when you die a number of times from the lich and have to kill the succeeding high level thralls to get murmurs. 

On my experience, I fought level 90 thralls ranging from grineer lancers to bombards. Fighting the bombard thralls are really bad,due to the high armor. You can use Magus Lockdown to cc them at least, BUT thralls have diminishing returns with magus lockdown so sooner or later, if you don't have a meta/OP weapons to kill the thrall. You're gonna have a bad time!

It feels like I'm being forced to use crit weapons to kill the thralls. 

Please let the thralls and liches be affected by status

while status procs dont work, damage vulnerability does. nova, nezha, and banshee a great picks to increase the damage they take. nezha is especially good because of the support he also brings.

Edited by EinheriarJudith

Kuva Liches being bosses, it's normal that status effects and CC doesn't work on them normally. But there's no reason for thralls, there are a lot of ways to make them harder to kill that isn't as problematic as this.

It is problematic because there are entire builds and warframes that rely on status and/or CC, which means that these become completely useless. As a Frost and Vauban main, I can tell you that when I cast the utlimate of either, I get almost instantly killed by any thralls in the room. Especially Frost since the cast causes him to remain immobile for a short while. These Warframes' survivability is completely broken with this.

This also goes for status builds : it's pretty obvious, but if statuses can't proc, status build are not viable. This excludes a large part of the build diversity of the game. Moreover, most status builds are already subpar in comparison to critical builds, so nerfing the least efficient really doesn't help : a critical build can OS a Thrall or almost OS a lvl5 Kuva Lich life bar, while most status build wouldn't even if they could proc statuses.

And this is not just theorical : when doing Kuva Lich control sector missions, I've noticed a drastic decrease in the Warframes used. I've been in Inaros-only parties 3 times in a row for example. But other than that : nothing but Valkyrs, Chromas and other tank frames. No more support warframes, damage warframes only on low-level lich missions.

End game content should push people to take advantage of all the mechanics in the game, not limit drastically their options, making it extremely repetitive.

For Thralls, a solution could be to make them behave like manics : when you get them mid life, they have temporary invulnerability (or at least a CC/status cleanse) and use they leap/tp power to escape.

For Kuva Liches, decreasing the effect of status effect should be sufficient (like for bosses). As for CC, they could instantly cleanse it, but maybe with a short animation, meaning that control-based warframes will have a half-second respite.