Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Regarding the newly updated Ember and Vauban

trigon360

These are my thought and opinion on the rework for these two Warframes. I understand these rework are meant to improve and rebalance the game for us players and although I appreciate the hard works from the employees of DE, I'd like to express my like and dislike on these two reworks.

• Ember:
    • I Like
      • having damage reduction ability.
      • being able to armor stripping.
      • that Ember can be of use at higher level if not crazy high.
    • I don't like that:
      •  at maximum damage reduction you have energy drain and you have to manage that drain by using her 3 or recast 2.
      • her ability to crowd control is now less effective.
    • Explain:
      • having DR is nice but I find it unfair for Ember when I compare it to Nazha's rework. Why should Ember's 90% DR is more punishing to use when Nazha's Halo Ward is incredibly more effective. Halo Ward, even have invincibility period in-between uses.
      • When i look at Ember's Immolation, it's starts off with 50% then you set enemies on fire to build up the gauge and I know that is use as a resource for Fire Blast, but the DR's just feel uncomfortable to use when it drain your energy.
      • Now you ask why not just cast 3 and stop the drain? What if the enemies around you are on fire? because that's what Ember does. Set enemies of fire. The meter build up quick and you cast 3 again and so on. Still draining energy. Even if you reset DR.
      • I miss Firequake. I miss World on Fire. Not because of the damage. But of the ease of CC. I know the new Fire Blast can knock back enemies but that's just spammy if you want to keep enemies down. I mean, how many of us build Ember for Damage in high level mission before the update that nerf Ember to ashes.
    • Thoughts on fixes:
      • Remove the energy drain and drain the meter instead. After a short period of filling the meter, it starts to drain the meter and you'd have to keep lighting enemies on fire to keep the DR at max. The strain on energy would be more manageable.
  • Vauban:
    • I Like the rework in general
    • Although I Don't Like LONG AS #*!% CASTING ANIMATION.
      • 3 out 4 abilities have a hold function. it's just feel clunky to use Vauban at the moment.
        • now 1 is fine because of the more balls and stop player from spamming tesla.
        • 2 is still pretty hard to use even if all of them are useful or more useful than before.
        • 3 and 4 have an unnecessarily long casting animation. I presume this is to prevent spamming but why not have cool down between casts.
    • In my head I kept thinking of the old Vauban. How much easier it was to use that warframe.
      • How I would fix Vauban's 2 is to have another equip tab in the loadout like exalted weapons. But in that tab you can equip ONE of those mines for the loadout. why not have some modding for it too?
    • You could use [Natural Talent] to shorten the cast time for 3 and 4 but why not shorten it. And if you want to stop spamming, make us wait for the ability timer to run out before casting again?

And these are what's been going through my mind since last night and at work.

Please understand I am not asking for the moon or a nerf here but a fair balance for the ease of use for us players.

Good Luck and Have Fun, Tenno.