Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Over-Mastery To Improve Weapon

noneuklid

Fairly simple in concept : Add 1 base damage and 1 base clip size to a Primary or Secondary weapon for each Mastery rank over its requirement the user is.  These are multiplied by mod effects as usual.

I've kicked around a bunch of ideas for Forma or Mastery improving weapons, including Forma 'levelling' the weapon along a track.  I still kind of like the idea of Forma improving a weapon in some sense.  But I like this idea most because it requires basically no balancing and it extends weapon utility a great deal.  By adding to base damage, high RoF/crit chance weapons are improved; by adding to base clip size, low RoF/slow reload weapons are improved.  It doesn't really place lower-Mastery weapons on par with higher-Mastery ones, since it's a smallish, linear power increase.  But it does mean that a favored low-tier weapon can continue to be used to some extent.

Edited by noneuklid

Fairly simple in concept : Add 1 base damage and 1 base clip size to a Primary or Secondary weapon for each Mastery rank over its requirement the user is.  These are multiplied by mod effects as usual.

I've kicked around a bunch of ideas for Forma or Mastery improving weapons, including Forma 'levelling' the weapon along a track.  I still kind of like the idea of Forma improving a weapon in some sense.  But I like this idea most because it requires basically no balancing and it extends weapon utility a great deal.  By adding to base damage, high RoF/crit chance weapons are improved; by adding to base clip size, low RoF/slow reload weapons are improved.  It doesn't really place lower-Mastery weapons on par with higher-Mastery ones, since it's a smallish, linear power increase.  But it does mean that a favored low-tier weapon can continue to be used to some extent.

yes they should give us something as a reward for rankingup our mastery .