The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Hitches and disconnects and bears (oh my!)

Ogundiety

So I debated posting this, but couldn't find an appropriate thread for the issues I am having.

Ever since the patch, I've been getting full screen 'stutters' irregularly, exclusively when paired up with someone (usually when joining their group, sometimes when I'm the host).  The game itself will visibly freeze, though my framerate won't suffer much- and indeed when I am actually able to control my character it is certainly running at the ~160 it likes to sit at, but it regularly takes control away from me and pauses.  In addition, when loading in there seems to be a much longer connection negotation or pause, resulting in something like a 1 in 4 or 1 in 5 'you have been disconnected from your party', after a solid 10 seconds of paused screentime.  This is down from perhaps 1 in 50 or even less often before the patch.

Possibly unrelated, but I get similar symptoms when my 'killed' lich decides to come join me, almost always with a split with my previous group members and I'm suddenly in a group of 1 with the buddy there.  I bring it up only because it looks about the same as the connect/disconnect thing that seems to be happening.

When solo queueing or queueing with one friend, it doesn't seem to occur, though I haven't tried queueing with a friend a lot (and even more rarely have I tried to join with a friend into an open group). 

In short, this is 'mostly' feeling like a connection issue, but it's extremely pervasive and my connection is as functional as it's ever been (which admittedly, could be better, but that's a different kettle of fish).  Last week these problems weren't a thing, and my connection has not significantly changed in any fashion since then.

My specs, if they're relevant, are a 1080 TI with a 6700k, I believe, and 32 gb of ram, with warframe itself living on an m.2 solid state drive.  The GPU, CPU, and drives all seem to be fully functional as near as I can tell, and certainly haven't changed in this time frame.  It's possible it's just a huge amount of load and a lot of people disconnecting/quitting overloading things, but it does feel fairly constant and happening irrespective of the hour of the day (if it was load-related I'd expect it to be better behaved late late night or morning as opposed to afternoon/early evening)

Edited by Ogundiety
No bears.