Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kuva Drudgery

ThemBagels

I've been having a really hard time staying positive about this addition to the game. 

When Archwings came out I didn't mind! Sure it was clunky and not very fun, but there was new movement to learn and a new style to adapt. When Arbitration came out I was fine! I was glad the game was getting new additions, and sure the mission timers were doubled and the rewards were at BEST "okay", but not all content is for everyone. 

The Kuva Lich is not for me. 

I can't help but feel like this is the result of 10 different ideas mushed together until a sweaty avatar emerged that was the sum of its very worst parts. My first taste of the drudgery that was to come was my first Lich spawning. I was SO excited! I was ready for a villain to focus all my forma'd might against.... until he opened his mouth. The stream of terrible jokes in a space-hick accent ruined NOT ONLY the lethal serious mood, but also all of the enthusiasm I'd been feeling for weeks. Now I'm taunted by a mildly annoying hillbilly from Pluto who is safe hiding behind the most unforgivable wall of RNG that this game has ever produced. The only reason I'm even CONSIDERING playing the game right now is because I'm addicted to Mastery.

Foolishly I jumped on the bandwagon and killed a larval grineer, now I'm actively punished for avoiding the confrontation with the Lich. The game wants me to endlessly: 

Randomly find an incubated guy (that only one player gets to interact with), then spawn a random Lich with semi-random attributes (I'm aware you can mildly influence some factors) : the Lich has a random gun with a random damage modifier that you'll only be able to get if you randomly arrange the correct edgyRelics on your juvenile-wrist-blade-hacking-tool. These edgyRelics only get opened in the special edgyRift, where you or a squad mate have to spend your hard-earned reactant to *attempt* at randomly having it chosen, otherwise you get your choice of kuva or a literal part of a broken mod. Eventually when you've obtained all of your edgyMods you need to kill random groupies for a random hint for the random arrangement of the edgyMods to outfit your Super Original DE Licensed Hot Topic-brand Assassin's Creed wristblade *cough RoboCop*. Then once you apply your edgyMods in what you think is the correct (random) order needed to kill your own personal court jester GUESS WHAT you instantly die because you didn't guess the random order correctly after all. Better try again Tenno.

This is insane! I feel like a crazy person for even typing that out. This stinks like a mobile game demanding you spend money on relic packs to save yourself a week of farming. 

I've been waiting for DE to come up with their own unique brand of "end game" content for years now, and I've really enjoyed most of the content (not the Vent Kids, Roky makes my ears bleed). But rolling virtual dice isn't the same as a contest of skill and I won't be participating in this farce for long.

Community! Let me know what I got wrong, what you think I nailed, whatever. I've spent as little time as possible on the Lich so my info might be inaccurate. That being said, I definitely feel that the design choices are childish and the gameplay would be a cure for insomnia if it wasn't so rage-inducing. 

8 minutes ago, BigBadBagelBite said:

Community! Let me know what I got wrong

Assuming that discussing on a Feedback topic is on-topic.

Want people to discuss and share their ideas? Create another topic on General Discussion, link that topic here and let people discuss it there.

I agree that it is a grind, but that I think it is the point. If you've noticed, all of the major updates are grindy. This is because they are not meant to be rushed or played within a couple of weeks. They don't want you to get all the good stuff within this year. Retention has always been DE's main issue and they try to create systems to improve that. This can be good or bad depending on how you look at it.

It is good because you have tons of things to do for the next year up until the next major update.

It is bad because it may actually take some people a year to get the things that they want. 

Either way, that seems to be what they want to do. They want to keep players playing for longer periods of time. You can decide whether you like that or not.

51 minutes ago, Uhkretor said:

Assuming that discussing on a Feedback topic is on-topic.

Want people to discuss and share their ideas? Create another topic on General Discussion, link that topic here and let people discuss it there.

Sorry, I don't post much. Thanks for the info

Honestly, I like my lich's lax attitude and cheekyness. We "respect" each other in the same way.
I also like how he's making a name for himself accross the star system and I like the game urging me to deal with him by taking ~5% of my earnings. And that son-of-a-kuwa can even steal the thing I'm trying to get to hurt him! The audacity!

I place my extractors on "his" territory just to show him he's not the only one who can do such shennanigans.

The only thing I take issue with is that even if you plan out your approach like Batman and do an expert walkthrough through this expansion of Farming Simulator 2k65, you still have 87.5% chance to... Die.