Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Increase The Warframe , Weapons Slots , Decrease The Building Time

IFireAce

so there is only 8 weapon places , warframe slots

while there is 15 warframes out there and i am sure the the devolopers will make more warframe

the point is that only 2 warframe not fun . 2-13 

so some people will never try most of the frames even if they make a new account they will just collect the reasources in days and then build it in 3 days thats pretty hard and make's people tired it even took me 1 week to collect nova res and now 3 days in the build really??

also there is 66 weapon ingame

while our slot have only 8 weapons

that mean you can have 4 wepaons for each frame

2 main , 2 secondry , 2 malee , and the other 2 spots are optionally weapons . so really 8 weapons what about the other 58 weapons we cant use them until we sell one of our 8 weapons . the 8 weapons we worked very hard on them and make them level 30 

so my point is that you have to sell level 30 weapon you worked hard on . to get new weapon and that's stupid really stupid

and this go to the frame as well this is not an Mmorpg game to have maximum number of slots . you can increase them or just make it unlimited 

now lets head to the foundry . so first the weapons take 12 hours to build . 12 hours are a lot we don't have tons of free time every day you can just decrease these 12 hours to maybe 3 or 5 hours 

and for the warframe really ?? 3 days ??? and before you start building it you will have to spent 2 or 3 days killing boss for blue print , and after you get the b p 12x3 hours to finish building them . and then go to the 3 days for the warframe ?? 3 days ??? . waframe should be 12 hours not 3 days

also if you will have a proplem with making money . then make the resources harder to get then people who keep buying diamond will buy more so they can save their time of collecting materials and resources 

the point is not all of as able to buy diamonds so we can finish a lot of  things not just stuck into 2 warframe and 8 weapons . i start feeling that this game is pay to play after all the awesome time i spent in it . so please reduce the foundry time , and open more slots or make it unlimited so we can get every thing we wont just get every thing in 2 days or week we will take monthes to get them

P.S: flame me all if you want i don't care  and sorry for my bad english

also if you will have a proplem with making money . then make the resources harder to get then people who keep buying diamond will buy more so they can save their time of collecting materials and resources 

If someone has the money/Platinum to buy resources, then they'd have the money to buy more weapon/warframe slots.

the point is not all of as able to buy diamonds so we can finish a lot of  things not just stuck into 2 warframe and 8 weapons . i start feeling that this game is pay to play after all the awesome time i spent in it . so please reduce the foundry time , and open more slots or make it unlimited so we can get every thing we wont just get every thing in 2 days or week we will take monthes to get them

No, not everyone can buy Platinum, each with their own reason. That means they can't get a lot of the nice cosmetics either. Unfortunately, that will leave them feeling left out, but the game cannot be changed to make everything available for free to compensate those people at the cost of losing money -- money that keeps the game going.

In your entire post, you also make it sound like you can't buy additional slots for weapons nor Warframes, which you can. It's 20 Platinum for a Warframe slot and 12 Platinum for two weapon slots.

In the future, there may be other ways to unlock slots (such as mastery rank), but right now, since it does not direly effect gameplay, it will most likely remain Platinum only.

As for the long wait times? I don't think it's that bad. There's plenty of other things to do in that time, but I am biased as I am a very patient person and find that three days goes by fairly fast.

Edited by Aramet

I, for one am used to the 3-day wait from a different game and even appreciate the build times here.

What I don't appreciate is the suggestion that someone made that we only be allowed to craft one or two things at once, therefore giving more meaning to rushing them for plat and DE makes more money.  Whoops, I guess I just resurfaced it.

and you have only been playing for just a few days..

Someone's forum account is not an accurate representation of how long they have played the game. The "member since" is only from the first time they log into the forums. He may have been around for a month but just logged into the forums a week ago.

Also, I don't get why lately, so many people jump to check someone's forum account creation to judge whether or not they should be saying what they are saying.

there is 15 warframes out there

also there is 66 weapon ingame

so my point is that you have to sell level 30 weapon you worked hard on . to get new weapon and that's stupid really stupid

and this go to the frame as well this is not an Mmorpg game to have maximum number of slots . you can increase them or just make it unlimited 

now lets head to the foundry . so first the weapons take 12 hours to build . 12 hours are a lot we don't have tons of free time every day you can just decrease these 12 hours to maybe 3 or 5 hours 

and for the warframe really ?? 3 days ??? and before you start building it you will have to spent 2 or 3 days killing boss for blue print , and after you get the b p 12x3 hours to finish building them . and then go to the 3 days for the warframe ?? 3 days ??? . waframe should be 12 hours not 3 days

i start feeling that this game is pay to play after all the awesome time i spent in it .

18 frames, 33 primary, 26 secondary, 42 melee weps are currently in the game.

you dont "have" to sell anything. if you want to keep it, keep it. either get plat, or just dont get the new shiny things.

simply giving us unlimited slots will never happen... cause money is involved.

warframe build times are fine. same with most wep build times. the only ones i would say need to be changed are duel wield weps like the lato... it should not take 12 hours to learn how to pick up a second gun.

your solution of increasing the rarity of mats has to be one of the dumbest things i have seen on these forums.

if DE makes orokin cells any harder to get, they will have so much hell rained on them, they will regret waking up that morning.

lastly, warframe is not pay to play or pay to win or whatever the hell you want to call it. please... just stop.

also, the irony of your last suggestion is not lost on me.

the fact is not about how long did you play this game, but much like... what can you keep in inventory, in the case to go on high lvl misison, instead of leveling every things -to get mastery- and gettin stuck on low lvl quest

by the way, there is a way to earn some slots, by recruiting, but i must agree, thats a weird thing :D

Regards, SH1N0~

1st i cant buy platinum because i am from egypt and i have country proplem , thats why i said not all of us can buy platinum

2nd the refer does not give 4 wf , 5 weapons . it only give 1 warframe slot , 2 weapons slot

3rd the 50 platinum in early game are not even high amount its extremly low amount

so its basicly with the 5 plat 4 wf , 13 weapons slots

while there are 18 warframe as a guy said  33 primary , 22 secondary , 42 malee and you call 4 wf , 13 weapons are enough ? i also said they might just open more slots not make it unlimited 

As someone who "buys platinum" I do think the slot restriction is kind of counter-intuitive to the overall goal; making them dollar billz. 

Consider that getting a new weapon or warframe, and then leveling up that weapon or warframe is the primary purpose of this game. Its' where the replay-ability is and where the longevity of the game mostly lies, at least for now. Limiting the amount of slots someone can have is roughly equivalent to limiting the amount of time they play the game for. Once you've reached your maximum allowance you either buy more slots, and if you can't, you stop playing and thus stop being a customer. I would definitely increase at least the default warframe allowance considering those things I just said. 

To IFireAce; I'm sorry that where you live isn't set up in a way that you can spend money on the game, but you also need to understand that DE doesn't get anything out of customers that can't pay or aren't willing to pay. Very few companies are going to consider "we want more free stuff!" from people who aren't paying them anything to begin with. They're a business, and while that doesn't mean that they are heartless, it does mean they ultimately need to be making money. 

Hopefully something gets worked out to where you can start buying platinum like the rest of us. Maybe try contacting support about it? 

Edited by Acos

Consider that getting a new weapon or warframe, and then leveling up that weapon or warframe is the primary purpose of this game. Its' where the replay-ability is and where the longevity of the game mostly lies, at least for now. Limiting the amount of slots someone can have is roughly equivalent to limiting the amount of time they play the game for. Once you've reached your maximum allowance you either buy more slots, and if you can't, you stop playing and thus stop being a customer. I would definitely increase at least the default warframe allowance considering those things I just said.

forcing people to either buy plat and get more stuff, or sell something they have worked hard on is actually working in their favor fyi.

people are more willing to buy plat than they are to sell something they love/like or have worked hard to work for them.

afaik, DE gets most of its money from slot sales.

Once you've reached your maximum allowance you either buy more slots, and if you can't, you stop playing and thus stop being a customer.

to be fair, if your the type of person to quit playing at that point, you were never a "customer" in the first place.

ie. they never would have bought plat anyway.

forcing people to either buy plat and get more stuff, or sell something they have worked hard on is actually working in their favor fyi.

people are more willing to buy plat than they are to sell something they love/like or have worked hard to work for them.

afaik, DE gets most of its money from slot sales.

to be fair, if your the type of person to quit playing at that point, you were never a "customer" in the first place.

ie. they never would have bought plat anyway.

Are they? Most people tend to be willing to trade out a weapon, but less willing to trade out a warframe. The work that goes into acquiring a warframe is significantly greater than that of a weapon. Which is why I would offer more than the default number of warframe slots. I think the weapon slots are about where they should be. 

It's kind of a small issue either way: 20 platinum isn't much. 

well if i am able to buy platinum i would . but the proplems you know 

and the guy who said that people who got the maximum number of weapons , frames slots will leave the game because they get bored or they sell the weapon that they wasted their whole time on it . or they will buy tons of platinum to unlock alot of slots i agree with you for real

maybe they should give us 50 diamonds each week ? maybe 30 or 40 diamonds each week that would solve the proplem  for now i see 0 devolpers comment they should just say something not just watch the whole topic with the comment's silently 

they can increase the warframe slots make it 4 or 5 slots that would be very awesome

and they should increase the weapon slot like 24 slots or 25 

or just send us free diamond each week its open beta so they should start giving items for free not just be a money dog like most of the other games

example (conquer . is money dog's , WoW , money dog's , silk road , money dog's ,  wolfteam money dog's , there are tons of money dog's games) we don't want warframe to be in this list people will just leave if they cant cash to play . buying cash to get the normal stuff called pay to play . i bet that the most of people who disagree me are the people who have bought platinum and dont want the other people get what they have payed for . for free

Edited by IFireAce

As someone who "buys platinum" I do think the slot restriction is kind of counter-intuitive to the overall goal; making them dollar billz. 

To IFireAce; I'm sorry that where you live isn't set up in a way that you can spend money on the game, but you also need to understand that DE doesn't get anything out of customers that can't pay or aren't willing to pay. Very few companies are going to consider "we want more free stuff!" from people who aren't paying them anything to begin with. They're a business, and while that doesn't mean that they are heartless, it does mean they ultimately need to be making money. 

Hopefully something gets worked out to where you can start buying platinum like the rest of us. Maybe try contacting support about it? 

they support cant do any thing about it , even if they open a new online that aviable in my country it wont be near me or in my city or maybe not in my government . also 1$ = 7 bounds so if i want to buy platinum i have to pay 7x the amount that players do

well if i am able to buy platinum i would . but the proplems you know 

and the guy who said that people who got the maximum number of weapons , frames slots will leave the game because they get bored or they sell the weapon that they wasted their whole time on it . or they will buy tons of platinum to unlock alot of slots i agree with you for real

maybe they should give us 50 diamonds each week ? maybe 30 or 40 diamonds each week that would solve the proplem  for now i see 0 devolpers comment they should just say something not just watch the whole topic with the comment's silently 

they can increase the warframe slots make it 4 or 5 slots that would be very awesome

and they should increase the weapon slot like 24 slots or 25 

or just send us free diamond each week its open beta so they should start giving items for free not just be a money dog like most of the other games

example (conquer . is money dog's , WoW , money dog's , silk road , money dog's ,  wolfteam money dog's , there are tons of money dog's games) we don't want warframe to be in this list people will just leave if they cant cash to play . buying cash to get the normal stuff called pay to play . i bet that the most of people who disagree me are the people who have bought platinum and dont want the other people get what they have payed for . for free

Couple of things here.

Yes, it would be really nice if people who can't buy Platinum for themselves (whatever the reason is; parents, age, location, etc) could get it for free. Just because I have bought Platinum and I'm a Founder does not mean I don't agree with people, like you, getting free money. I am in a situation where I am not allowed to spend my money on games (and I play several games like Warframe where money is needed for some things), with rare occasions where I can. Please, don't assume that people who have or are able to spend money on the game have all the same mindset of "well, sucks to be you" towards other people. It's, in most cases, entirely wrong. They have their own opinions that are not based on their wallet. /end

As for the 30~50 free weekly Platinum? It would be very nice but very damaging to the game. As Acos said, companies need to make money, so they can't give consistent, reliable opportunities for all the people who can't buy Platinum. There are quite a few people who livestream themselves playing Warframe and do giveaways of Platinum, and DE does give away several 1,000 Platinum prizes every few weeks during their livestream; but those do not guaranteed that you will win.

I can see DE maybe being able to put in a small chance at 5~10 free Platinum from the daily log-in rewards. What would you think of that?

can i get please devolopers openion about this ? . just reply. and say your word

It's the weekend, and most, if not all, of the DE developers are likely on break until Monday. You will have to be patient if you want to see a reply here.

I agree with the build times on dual pistols. I mean really, it seems like the tenno stares at the two guns in front of him. He takes one of the guns with his left hand and stares at the other for 12 hours. Then when time is up he just takes it and says, "Oh that is how it works."
But everything else seems fine to me, its not like you have to spend 20$ for 1 warframe slot. 5$ worth of platnium gives u 2 warframes slots and 4 weapons slots at most

I agree with the build times on dual pistols. I mean really, it seems like the tenno stares at the two guns in front of him. He takes one of the guns with his left hand and stares at the other for 12 hours. Then when time is up he just takes it and says, "Oh that is how it works."

But everything else seems fine to me, its not like you have to spend 20$ for 1 warframe slot. 5$ worth of platnium gives u 2 warframes slots and 4 weapons slots at most

to be fair, akimbo style is a thousand times more difficult to learn how to shoot properly than with a single gun. Also, it is useless and only for show or only for guns with very limited amount of bullet capacity but that's another thing^^

on topic now:

i can sympathise with the OP since i'm also in a tough situation money wise, i was able to spend a few bucks (10-20e) on some things and i used most of those for warframe and weapon slots, relying on alerts for catalists/reactors apart for 2-3catalysts that i also bought.

But DE is a company, and as much as i'm sure that they would like to offer opportunities for people to play their game and enjoy it, they also have to make money.

If you think logically about it, no one from egypt can pay, so DE, will lose nothing for making the game require less/none money for people of egypt. On the contrary, they would gain puplicity, face, and a lot of people who would play, and like, their product.

BUT DE can't program their software to give extra slots to p.e. Egyptian accounts, not because they don't want to, but because they are unable to do so (even if they went through ip filtering, ip redirects would mess up with that). 

Warframe slots/weapon slots/catalysts/reactors are (imo) their main form of revenue, and it's what keeps making the game progress, so it is simply one of the things that they would be more hard pressed to give up for a minority.