Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Connection problem please help

Chibiscus

Question

Hello tenno,
My friends and I have the following problem. 3 Of us (including me) can connect just fine to each other whilst the 4th one cant connect, sometimes when he tries he will join the ingame squad but then even without pressing anything leaves the group. On his screen it doesnt say he is connected to us, all it says is "please wait".

When we are trying to connect to him it only seems to work for me and my other 2 friends get the notification that they failed to join his session.

He is from the uk same as another person in our friend group and has all his settings the same as we do, so I dont know what it could be that makes him disconnect, is there anybody that can help please?

As he just got the game to play with us, I would love to keep him on it.

Edit:
He tried verfying and optimizing the game, restarting it as well. He has the launcher via steam.

Edited by BabyVampireBat

5 answers to this question

The big question is, when you guys play together, is the same person hosting the squad every time? Warframe uses peer to peer hosting for squads so whoever is hosting, is the one relative to whom everyone needs to have a good ping. Ping is a relative term, so maybe 2 of you have a good ping with the host but your 4th friend doesnt. So he kinda disconnects all the time. You could try having him host the group and see if it still happens. If it still happens, it might be his modem or internet connection. Maybe a firewall or antivirus interfering with his game connection.

1 hour ago, Arkennstar said:

The big question is, when you guys play together, is the same person hosting the squad every time? Warframe uses peer to peer hosting for squads so whoever is hosting, is the one relative to whom everyone needs to have a good ping. Ping is a relative term, so maybe 2 of you have a good ping with the host but your 4th friend doesnt. So he kinda disconnects all the time. You could try having him host the group and see if it still happens. If it still happens, it might be his modem or internet connection. Maybe a firewall or antivirus interfering with his game connection.

We had him trying to host and only I could connect the other 2 couldnt, we also had another person try to host and he couldnt connect. 

2 hours ago, Uhkretor said:

Something tells me that whenever there are connection issues with Warframe, including several people since the past month or so, the common thread of them all is Steam.

... Did he try to download Warframe from [DE]'s website?

Not yet I keep you updated

17 minutes ago, BabyVampireBat said:

We had him trying to host and only I could connect the other 2 couldnt, we also had another person try to host and he couldnt connect. 

Yep.. its sounding more and more like an internet problem. Maybe he's downloading something while playing or has other stuff like tv or phones hooked to the wifi he's on, something like that. Or as I mentioned before, some firewall or other application could be interfering with the connection.. He would need to check anything related to his internet.