Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best graphics settings

xabaxa

Question

3 answers to this question

In general, you want everything to be at the highest settings your PC can handle with a stable (high) framerate, with the only other changes being personal preference items like effect intensity, brightness, and so forth.  None of the actual graphics options changed with the graphical update, mind you.

I think this is more personal preference. Some people will lower their graphics in order to receive a higher frame rate (myself included). Others find nice graphics very important and are willing to sacrifice frame rates for it. However, you should never get below 60 FPS because then it just becomes unplayable. As long as ur getting atleast 60 FPS, just play around with the graphic settings and see how u like it best.

I run 3 Acer Predator XB271HK monitors at 144hz refresh rate minimum https://www.amazon.com/Acer-Predator-XB271HK-bmiprz-Widescreen/dp/B018MYTF4W IPS via displayport. I can't really stand playing at 60fps on anything. Once you go high refresh rate, you seriously have a hard time dealing with 60fps again. Regular 4k monitors are just sickeningly slow feeling. I hear the 4k 120hz monitors fix that, but have no personal experience with them. That being said, turn off motion blur and turn off or down the lighting bloom. I have particle effects set to their highest setting, but it definitely hinders me when the whole team is in an area wailing on a boss with stuff lighting everyone. Not because my rig has any slowdown mind you, but but because all the lighting effects make it hard to see where the target is on screen. That being said, it's a small price to pay for that "WoW!" factor after you play other games. Graphics are a subjective experience to be sure, but I honestly can't stand to watch my son play on his 60hz 4k monitor, gives me headaches after a while by contrast. I've seen people online saying there's no difference, but I'm pretty sure those opinions are coming from folks that simply haven't experienced higher refresh ratings.

Long story short, you have to determine if refresh rating is your goal or quality and then we can help dial ya in!