Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Boar Prime Is Super Weak, Buff It De

cary2010haha

I read some threads(most negative) about that weapon and thought "hmmm test it before you think bad about that wep,maybe some ppl do anything wrong".

Even as a crit weapon it is bad.I tested it with all good damage mods(point strike,hells chamber,vicious spread,Blaze,Crit chance and damage mods,elemental mods,all maxed)

Even when i was very close to the enemy 1-2 meters and no shell missed the damage was ...................................not impressive.

This gun isnt good for endgame.It eats shells like a monster and for that you get super small damage even full modded.

Damage is very bad even crit builded.

The magazine and fire rate is good.

Reload time is bad.

Ammo efficency very bad.

All together to bad atm.

Its sad how bad it is,because i like the way how the boar prime is shooting,the sound and the gun looks amazing.I fell in love with her because of these mechanics. :/

This gun dont need more Critchance,it needs absolutely more damage.

I think about 100-110.

You need to use the 2 armor-piercing mods, Flechette and Accelerated blast. Swapped out the other elemental mods.

Edited by Definitegj

@definitegj

I mean with elemental mods armor piercing too,because i read it works the same.

PS: I dont use Accelerated blast on Boar prime.It destroys the weapon in my opinion.It makes it uncontrollable.The accuracy is unmodded very bad and with vicious spread more.With accelerated blast you miss way to much.

Edited  my post before to make it clearer.

Edited by K0bra

@definitegj

I mean with elemental mods armor piercing too,because i read it works the same.

PS: I dont use Accelerated blast on Boar prime.It destroys the weapon in my opinion.It makes it uncontrollable.The accuracy is unmodded very bad and with vicious spread more.With accelerated blast you miss way to much.

Edited  my post before to make it clearer.

The AP on Accelerated blast is very important, you cannot missed out on that. It is better that you removed vicious spread than accelerated blast. If still uncontrollable, then it is better that you change different shotgun to use like Boar or Sobek.

Ok then tell me what makes the diffrence?First you miss alot more pellets because it shoots way to fast,second your ammo efficency sucks more,third you gain only 60% Ap damage.

CMON!!!

There is 90% more damage from vicious spread alot better.It highers your base damage,elemental damage,and your crits.Only minus the spread sucks more.By single targets go close,when big group you can stay further.

But with that too that gun has bad damage.

Edited by K0bra

that's still pretty slow

Not for a shotgun. And since you have accelerated blast as an almost mandatory mod(more so than speed mods are for rifles), involving both armor piercing and rof boost, you're looking at more like 9.3. Which is actually very comparable to assault rifles. 

The AP on Accelerated blast is very important, you cannot missed out on that. It is better that you removed vicious spread than accelerated blast. If still uncontrollable, then it is better that you change different shotgun to use like Boar or Sobek.

No need to choose:

H***'s Chamber, Blaze, Vicious Spread, Ravage, Blunderbuss, Felchette, Accelerated Blast, Ammo Mutation

Spread and boosted damage per pellet will balance out the reduced accuracy and higher recoil.

Edited by ChaoticVice777

Ok then tell me what makes the diffrence?First you miss alot more pellets because it shoots way to fast,second your ammo efficency sucks more,third you gain only 60% Ap damage.

CMON!!!

There is 90% more damage from vicious spread alot better.It highers your base damage,elemental damage,and your crits.Only minus the spread sucks more.By single targets go close,when big group you can stay further.

But with that too that gun has bad damage.

In shotgun, how fast you shot don't really affect how many pellets you miss. Mainly determined by accuracy/spread which is what vicious spread affect.

In current mechanic, 60% AP >>>> 90% non-AI damage

Because in almost all situations where you need the firepower, your enemy had lots of armor.

Even in normal grineer mobs you will meet a lot of armor. Example: Mercury, Level 1 Grineer Lance has 200 armor which reduce non-AI damage by 66% and the armor will increase more as their level get higher.

Also that 90% damage from Vicious Spread is additively, not multiplicatively. Meaning on the big picture, that extra 90% to the base damage that already have 150% bonus, only add 36% extra damage overall before armor reduction, but with huge risk of missing pellets.

The 60% AP from Accelerated Blast adds extra 66% overall AP damage if already using Flechette. The fire-rate boost is also very good but not everyone can handle it.

TL DR. Use your Accelerated Blast or wait for Armor 2.0 to come or change shotgun.

Edited by Definitegj

@definitegj

Ok but you miss the point with higher crits and higher elemental damage(AP damage too from Flechette)because of vicious spread.What is with that?The other thing is your ammo melts like .... with it.

The other question is what you think about Boar prime?Do you think its good or do you agree with me in that point that it is to bad atm?

The only way to use it atm in T3 defense,Survival is with Ammo mutation or a great secondary with good ammo efficency.

Thats the problem with the bad damage.You need way to much shots for higher lvl enemies and you dont have much.

Edited by K0bra

@definitegj

Ok but you miss the point with higher crits and higher elemental damage(AP damage too from Flechette)because of vicious spread.What is with that?The other thing is your ammo melts like .... with it.

The other question is what you think about Boar prime?Do you think its good or do you agree with me in that point that it is to bad atm?

The only way to use it atm in T3 defense,Survival is with Ammo mutation or a great secondary with good ammo efficency.

Thats the problem with the bad damage.You need way to much shots for higher lvl enemies and you dont have much.

No need to choose:

H***'s Chamber, Blaze, Vicious Spread, Ravage, Blunderbuss, Felchette, Accelerated Blast, Ammo Mutation

Spread and boosted damage per pellet will balance out the reduced accuracy and higher recoil.

You got enough space.

No need to choose:

Yeah, but K0bra already has some problem with missing pellets so point strike will be better.

Edit: Should be Point Blank

Edited by Definitegj

@definitegj

No, you missed the point of my post. 60% AP damage is more than 90% base in both crits or without crits. Crits not relevant here. It affect all damage in the same way.

Boar prime is certainly good, not bad atm but the firing rate doesn't suit me. I can't handle it, so i settled for Boar (slower rate, higher dmg/bullets, though lower DPS due to crits).

You didn't use the AP mods so you have bad damage, that is why you need way too much shots for higher lvl.

Edited by Definitegj

@definitegj

i wrote that i use Flechette but dont use Accelerated blast.

To another point.Think about how much damage the Boar Prime makes per shot and that you have the same ammo pool like more damaging shotguns.I think fire rate isnt all because you dont have more ammo avaiable.Only the 135 shells? like all others.This is a big Minus for that gun.

I think the Devs have to overthink that gun.Its way to weak.Why not balance all guns that they are all GOOD and not some are bad.

Edited by K0bra