Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Fix For The Patient Zero Quest Order

(PSN)BloodyHell

Just in case anyone cares, potential spoilers for some quests ahead. 

So a lot of the quests in Warframe are either ambiguous as to when in time they’re set and can be completed whenever (Like the quests for PoE/Fortuna, Sands of Inaros etc.) or, due to star chart progression and junction requirements, have a specific linear order to them. For the most part this has kept the quest plotlines from contradicting or spoiling each other, but an exception to this has been Patient Zero. Despite chronologically taking place before The Second Dream, to even begin it requires unlocking Eris. While I get the operation events leading up to its release and the star chart revision are the reason behind this, it honestly doesn’t make sense to keep it there anymore. 

I have a few suggestions to fix this. Move the Mutalist Alad V assasination node to around Europa, have the Patient Zero quest unlock prerequisite be to defeat either The Raptors on Europa and/or Sargus Ruk on Saturn, have the questline play out on Europa nodes (like how Hidden Messages does throughout the system), then once completed allow you to access the Mutalist Alad V assasination, and finally have a requirement for the Uranus junction be to defeat Mutalist Alad V. By ordering it specifically like this it allows there to be some passage of time between Alad’s defeat on Jupiter and his return later on in The Second Dream, and also manages to fill the questless gap at this point in the game. 

Or alternatively, create a new celestial body that leads off of Europa (Perhaps one of the other moons of Jupiter, like Callisto or Io) that’s the same size and scope as Phobos or Lua, and have it be the Infested Ship tileset like Eris. To access it would still require defeating The Raptors/Sargus/both, but then everything else plays out like I suggested before. The benefit to this would be permanent access to the Infested Ship tilesets at this point in the game instead of having to play up to Eris to revisit them again.

It’s a retcon for sure, but it wouldn’t be the first nor the last time. Any thoughts?

• Like 3

That wouldn't be entirely necessary, since that's why I suggested it being a requirement for the Uranus junction, as you can only unlock The Second Dream by completing the Neptune junction and completing Natah first.

I agree with having a way to catch up on past events and operation lore though. And honestly, the introduction of the Leverian feels tailor made to do it. We already have statues of most of the events given to clans, so having a specific Leverian level focused around past operation events and tactical alerts where you can wander about and walk up to the statues where Drusus will give a summary of the events feels too good of an opportunity to miss.