Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frame Rate & Fire Rate

Namacyst

The argument "Get a better computer lolz" doesn't really work in this case, especially considering that you're basically telling them to cut out a part of the game just so it will work properly for them. Ideally, you'd want the important bits (Weapon Stats, Physics, etc) controlled by a timer that's independent of Frame Rate. That doesn't seem to be the case yet in WarFrame, as I myself have experienced my Bronco's reload reticle circling up to ten times before the reload actually takes place in hectic situations.

This affects all timing aspects related to weapons, and it should be fixed. It's a logic issue within the game that occurs since timing is based on the Frame Rate.

Edited by Azure_Kyte

The argument "Get a better computer lolz" doesn't really work in this case, especially considering that you're basically telling them to cut out a part of the game just so it will work properly for them. Ideally, you'd want the important bits (Weapon Stats, Physics, etc) controlled by a timer that's independent of Frame Rate. That doesn't seem to be the case yet in WarFrame, as I myself have experienced my Bronco's reload reticle circling up to ten times before the reload actually takes place in hectic situations.

This affects all timing aspects related to weapons, and it should be fixed. It's a logic issue within the game that occurs since timing is based on the Frame Rate.

Atleast one had the brains to understand the prupose of this thread. Thank you ;)

actually it can be fixed by having the games fire command start on mouse click and only register you as not firing when you release click, that way slowdowns that interrupt your commands will not cause the game to think you're pressing click on every frame instead of holding as it should for automatic weapons. Then you can tie the firing timers for the guns to an actual timer based script as opposed to frame based scripts, its actually not that hard, likely an oversight with the triggers for when the game is told to stop and start automatic fire.

I know.. or better hope... that there will be some optimizations coming until release improving frames on older machines but the impact on gameplay mechanics through low frames is a bad thing. Things like "dont use fire rate mods" or "buy a better computer" are not acceptable. I tried all possible settings.. from lowest to highest and nearly got any improvement regarding the overall performance. I play with highest settings with 60 frames but there are some times when 4 players are in the game that it goes down to below 30 and thats where it impacts fire rate.

I would say there is still a lot of optimizing left to do like other betas I am playing. The issue will not ever go away as how the game relies on the peer-to-peer system it will also be based off the hosts computer setup as well. This is why some matches have no lag and others have heavy lag.

well to be honest its not the devs fault that your computer's graphics card and CPU can't handle a hi-def game, if you dont have the computer to properly run it on the highest graphics, then reduce the settings or upgrade your computer. Complaining about lag with a slow computer is pretty pointless since no one can do anything about it except yourself.

I would say there is still a lot of optimizing left to do like other betas I am playing. The issue will not ever go away as how the game relies on the peer-to-peer system it will also be based off the hosts computer setup as well. This is why some matches have no lag and others have heavy lag.

Not true, as stated above they need to fix the triggers for when to start and stop automatic fire. The framerate issues will always exist for medium/lower end machines in some of the more extreme cases, as there is only so much optimization you can do, but the actual issue the thread was about can be fixed.

well to be honest its not the devs fault that your computer's graphics card and CPU can't handle a hi-def game, if you dont have the computer to properly run it on the highest graphics, then reduce the settings or upgrade your computer. Complaining about lag with a slow computer is pretty pointless since no one can do anything about it except yourself.

I just quote myself for you because it seems you only read the first few posts:

"I tried all possible settings.. from lowest to highest and nearly got any improvement regarding the overall performance. I play with highest settings with 60 frames but there are some times when 4 players are in the game that it goes down to below 30 and thats where it impacts fire rate."

You know.. The graphics on this game aren't actually that high-end. Poly's seem a bit larger than other current titles. The graphics look cool, but in terms of how graphically intensive they are, it's not actually that bad. A problem like this is caused by an oversight in programming that only ever rears its head in cases where things are exploding everywhere and most graphics cards that have been happily chugging along up until this point are crying and slowing to a crawl.

Also, he's not complaining about lag, he's complaining about the way that the scheduling system is in the engine. Big difference.

I would strongly advise against using Frames Per Second for any kind of game element control. After a year it has become clear that BioWare tied their AI to the frame rate, causing players on PC to intentionally drop their frame rate cap making the AI "slower". It also causes a number of other problems between the Host and Client systems in their P2P connections.

I've also noticed drops in frames, especially where large amounts of particle effects are involved. Ice levels seem, to be a particular bugaboo.

Sorry, that´s total nonsense - even with very good GPUs this will happen and it got worse with the latest patch - the fps drops have become more and my system is capable of running this maxed out without any issues - but they are there.

i72600k, GTX590 here.

I agree that the frame rate issue needs to be addressed. I'm running on a machine with an i7 2700k, 16GB of DDR3 RAM, and a GTX 560Ti and I get slight frame rate drops whenever there's a crapload of AoE effects going off at the same time in places like Xini, and whenever the frame rate drops my response times (ie: fire rate, pickups, etc.) drop like a hammer.

Edited by Dalewyn