Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Soma, Now Galatine...

.solitus

270-damage Tenno shotgun with 20 bullets per burst and a cone as tight as the Hek. It's fully auto, has a clip of 30, and every bullet explodes into 3 frags that each deal an extra 10 damage scaled with mods. Every bullet has a 10% crit. chance and 300% crit. damage.

The Tenno sniper will be a 400 damage Physics Impact sniper with hitscan, a clip of 12, 1-second reload and pinpoint accuracy. Crit. chance of 50% and 300% crit. damage.

270-damage Tenno shotgun with 20 bullets per burst and a cone as tight as the Hek. It's fully auto, has a clip of 30, and every bullet explodes into 3 frags that each deal an extra 10 damage scaled with mods. Every bullet has a 10% crit. chance and 300% crit. damage.

The Tenno sniper will be a 400 damage Physics Impact sniper with hitscan, a clip of 12, 1-second reload and pinpoint accuracy. Crit. chance of 50% and 300% crit. damage.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if this was true.

A potentially even larger issue than these weapons out classing the vast majority of primaries and melee is that the way they work demands fairly similar and tightly focused builds.

There is very nearly only one best build for Soma, and Galatine is not really any more receptive to variety:

Soma needs three crit mods, AP, plus the damage and multishot staples. You have, at best, two slots that are not predetermined if you don't want to intentionally cripple it.

Galatine might be even worse. You need all the charge mods, attack speed, and two critical mods to get the most out of the weapon, leaving one slot.

The end result of this will be that for any difficult content, you will likely see two or three players with Soma, two or three with Galatine, and all of them will be configured mostly the same.

now damage formula 2.0 hits along with new stats applied to all existing weapons.

Then we can see if the Soma and Galatine is actually too powerful.

Unless weapon stats change, Armor 2.0 likely isn't going to change the dynamic of these weapons that much.

Waiting on the next Tenno projectile weapon to be announced as having homing shots that penetrate and do 200 base damage each.

Anyway Galatine definitely isn't OP. That charge time and the fact you can be staggered during it sees to that. I'd actually argue that in most cases, the vanilla Orthos is usually better due to having a short enough charge time that being staggered during it isn't likely. Soma on the other hand... Yeah it seems to be pretty OP.

Also melee in general needs to be brought up to the Galantines level. It simply isn't ever worth to to swing my melee weapon unless I'm facing light infested, I need to stagger the enemy, or I'm invisible.