Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Do I Try?

ForgemasterHD

I'm about done posting my own threads in these forums. Almost all of them are stillborn, and the community almost has no interest in my ideas. I don't know why people dislike my ideas so much, maybe they don't want to read 2-3 paragraphs? I don't know, they never Say anything, just let my threads sink to the bottom.

Anyway, I'm done posting threads in these forums and may as well just go troll or something, since my ideas are absolute crap apparently. 

Sorry for being such an idiot,

-Forge

I just...don't understand it.

It seems that ideas in general get little to no feedback... :(

Digging in the Fan Concepts thread, I have found that the "Space Pirate" concept is extremely popular, yet plenty of other interesting ideas just get abandoned, left to wander aimlessly in the voids of the forum servers forever, and ever, and ever.

It seems that most sections where people share ideas are either abandoned or filled with people who respond destructively. I am quite positive that the "Space Pirate" thread was moved to multiple sections, possibly explaining its popularity.

Perhaps having a thread that moves to multiple sections is an effective way of garnering feedback? Instead of stagnating in a single section where people either ignore everything or flame it to death.

I think that our threads simply die off because they are cursed to stay in a section which no one reads, forever. The forums are nothing without feedback, we need to find a way to make people provide feedback to ideas, but how? In the end, we are powerless and without people, we cannot achieve what we are here for.

Will the forums just stagnate and end with people only discussing about balance and things in general, just like the MechWarrior: Online forums? We will never know, and perhaps the best action really is to leave it be.

It seems that ideas in general get little to no feedback... :(

Digging in the Fan Concepts thread, I have found that the "Space Pirate" concept is extremely popular, yet plenty of other interesting ideas just get abandoned, left to wander aimlessly in the voids of the forum servers forever, and ever, and ever.

It seems that most sections where people share ideas are either abandoned or filled with people who respond destructively. I am quite positive that the "Space Pirate" thread was moved to multiple sections, possibly explaining its popularity.

Perhaps having a thread that moves to multiple sections is an effective way of garnering feedback? Instead of stagnating in a single section where people either ignore everything or flame it to death.

I think that our threads simply die off because they are cursed to stay in a section which no one reads, forever. The forums are nothing without feedback, we need to find a way to make people provide feedback to ideas, but how? In the end, we are powerless and without people, we cannot achieve what we are here for.

Will the forums just stagnate and end with people only discussing about balance and things in general, just like the MechWarrior: Online forums? We will never know, and perhaps the best action really is to leave it be.

Which seems wrong. The reason I get angry is because I feel DE doesn't have a chance to see it. Furthermore, My ideas are built upon imperfections, that the community should attempt fix. That's what makes communities great. However, it seems there is no place where ideas can be read successfully and return positive feedback. Also, I find the "Fan Concepts" section to be too broad, maybe if they were to make it so that the Fan Concepts section was broken up into elements, like fan weapons, bosses, etc. 

I personally think that your "problem" is that you don't post about controversial things within the community. You post original ideas that would do nothing more than improve the game for everybody. If you were to go yelling and screaming about needing to nerf a certain frame or weapon then you would get all the attention in the world.
Counter Intuitive, I know, but it is how these forums work.