The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Mutualist Cernos Toxin Effect Causes Performance Issues

TvrtleWaterBear

I've noticed this after the latest update, but what is probably the toxin effect visual on the mutalist cernos is perhaps a little overdone.

When aiming down sights and rotating the camera to the left constantly, I get a massive performance drop and I can't see through the green cloud which takes up my screen. I've no idea if this is the case for other toxin weapons, but I would guess the visual effect has the same issue.

It also just makes it hard to see in general.

• Like 2

I've been having this same problem since the last update, but it's definitely not a visual effect. Every time you fire an arrow with the Mutalist Cernos since this last update, a small trail of particles becomes attached to your Warframe and if you fire enough of them the overlapping effects create a giant smoke trail that tanks performance and visibility.

I've not seen this with any other weapon yet, but it makes longer missions using this bow almost unplayable. Definitely needs to be fixed.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Picked up inaros with this bow and some pistol with similar effect. I've been having the exact same stuff happening.  At 1st it's fine, however after about 20-40 shots the buildup of the particle effect on your screen in just silly. The only way i've found to aim is to rush forward and fire, strafing just drags the effect along with u.. 

The actual spray paint effect in that builds up is your weapon energy colour. changing it will change the colour to something more pleasing but sadly not transparent :(. You also still get the large cloud effects that basically blocks vision to anything on the left of the screen.