Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Isn´t Focus Kind Of Weak?

lautalocos

at least for me, i feel that focus is just too weak. it makes skills only do 30% more damage, and that is nothing considering it´s a rare mod.

considering that guns have damage mods which go to over 200%, plus elemental mods, focus should have 90% or 100% at max level so that damage skills are still viable at high level missions. or at least, 60%

please keep the feedback constructive

edit:

theres a problem with something basic on the game.

right now, you either have too powerfull, but not spammable skills on early levels, or weak but spammable skill on high levels. i prefer the first one if i have to choose, or a mix of both.

as i said in a comment below, focus is a a rare 5 level mod. it takes time to level up, and to find. early players won´t have it, and if they do, they won´t have it at high levels.

in any case, if they make the mod more powerfull, it should cost more, like 14 or 15, i guess.

edit2:

well, as for some reason everyone is showing miasma as an example and are worried about spamming 4 to win, (please don´t kill me forums) i guess they too could nerf flow a bit, so that you can´t spam 4 all the time.

anyway, i don´t know if that is exactly the right thing to do, but right now, armor ignoring or not, all, and i mean all damage skills are useless on high level missions. utility is too good compared to the other skills

IMPORTANT BIT HERE:

stop thinking of onlt the ultimate skills, think about the 1s

tesla, ash shuriken, fireball, shock and the like. those skills are just bad on high level missions.

Edited by lautalocos

Miasma does 1,000 damage.

30% of that is 300.

Enjoy your now 1300 armor ignoring Miasma.

Now make it 200%. Or even 60%

Enjoy your 3,000 damage or 1,600 damage Miasma.

HELL NO!

i said 100%. that is 2000 armor ignoring damage doe an ultimate skill. and you have to mod both miasma and a 5 level rare mod.

1300 armor ignoring damage is nothing for an ultimate.

Miasma does 1,000 damage.

30% of that is 300.

Enjoy your now 1300 armor ignoring Miasma.

Now make it 200%. Or even 60%

Enjoy your 3,000 damage or 1,600 damage Miasma.

HELL NO!

In other, nicer words...

The damaging abilities ie skills used do such a high amount of damage anyway. A 30% increase in damage is quite substantial. A buff in anyway towards the increase of % would make this mod overpowered to an extent

i said 100%. that is 2000 armor ignoring damage doe an ultimate skill. and you have to mod both miasma and a 5 level rare mod.

1300 armor ignoring damage is nothing for an ultimate.

For four energy orbs, you're doing the equivalent of charge attacking each enemy 3.1 times with a Galatine, the strongest charge attack based number, at the same time.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Maplestory

I think the real question is how powerful guns should be versus superpowers.

Guns are just the best way to deal with anything ever, so if you aren't using rifle amp with a great primary you're probably shooting yourself in the foot (OHOHO puns). They're incredibly efficient and if you have an ammo mutator, they're limitless virtually.

I don't like having to spend 20+ capacity points in just making my 4 ability worthwhile in more than a total overwhelm situation (which it works for regardless of mod points). I take survivability and ease of movement over it. Perhaps the mod cost should go down over power up, and the powers should be cheaper?

It's not something I've given a ton of thought to, because I like the shooting. But I definitely think powers are underwhelming by and large.

PS: I'm not talking about super high level defense, because that's not what 90+% of this game is, and if that's "endgame", no thanks to that. I'll leave endgame alone.

For four energy orbs, you're doing the equivalent of charge attacking each enemy 3.1 times with a Galatine, the strongest charge attack based number, at the same time.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Maplestory

then theres a problem with something basic on the game.

right now, you either have powerfull, but not spammable skills on early levels, or weak but spammable skill on high levels. i prefer the first one if i have to choose, or a mix of both

Guns are just the best way to deal with anything ever, so if you aren't using rifle amp with a great primary you're probably shooting yourself in the foot (OHOHO puns). They're incredibly efficient and if you have an ammo mutator, they're limitless virtually.

I don't like having to spend 20+ capacity points in just making my 4 ability worthwhile in more than a total overwhelm situation (which it works for regardless of mod points). I take survivability and ease of movement over it. Perhaps the mod cost should go down over power up, and the powers should be cheaper?

It's not something I've given a ton of thought to, because I like the shooting. But I definitely think powers are underwhelming by and large.

PS: I'm not talking about super high level defense, because that's not what 90+% of this game is, and if that's "endgame", no thanks to that. I'll leave endgame alone.

i agree too, defense is no endgame, as most people think. i speaking of all t3 void missions, which right now are the highest level missions on the game, not only defense

This is only true if you are talking about an unmodded Galatine, and none of your enemies are close enough together where more than one can be hit at a time. A fully modded Galatine is pretty much never going to do less than 2-3k damage a hit to anything.

I can fire my Soma into a crowd and do 3k damage to everything in it with only 15-30 rounds. If I get two rifle ammo drops from what I kill, it's essentially free.

Edited by Saenol

I agree. Focus should be increased to a 120% maximum to be really effective, and have more tiers to develop, like Serration and Hornet Strike.

Edit: to update the Focus with a more tiered version, DE can put an event where the Tenno stole research data from the Corpus, which will increase frames power capabilities. After the event is over, then comes the update, and the best players get a new mod which combines Focus and Streamline.

This and buff Volt for a change.

Edited by Wolfstorm18

This is because of all the people crying over "OP" stuff.

Enjoy your weak mods.  Enjoy your weak frames.  Enjoy your Weak weapons.  

Ugh.... No, it's because having a 2k damage armor ignoring ult might be a LITTLE broken, as you could mash 4 to win (more so than now). Frames aren't supposed to one shot lvl 60-70s. (roughly the level of a frame with a potato) easily. Some frames can (because of armor ignore). Hell, with a higher focus mag's pull will be OP as hell, right now for 25 energy it does 390 damage, which is more than most ults.

Edited by KvotheTheArcane1

This is because of all the people crying over "OP" stuff.

Enjoy your weak mods.  Enjoy your weak frames.  Enjoy your Weak weapons.  

well, i wouldn´t say all weapons are weak, except for melee weapons (with normal guns you can still headshot to go trough armor)

but damage skills are very weak comapring them to guns and considering that they cost energy and things like that

Ugh.... No, it's because having a 2k damage armor ignoring ult might be a LITTLE broken, as you could mash 4 to win (more so than now). Frames aren't supposed to one shot lvl 60-70s. (roughly the level of a frame with a potato)

consider that miasma is an ultimate. now, i too don´t like the idea of "4 to win" skills, but don´t think only of miasma. not everyone has saryn, and 4s aren´t the only skills in the game. i made this topic thinking about all the 1 skills which are made useless on high level missions.

Guns are not the be-all and end-all element of this game. I've done Lv. 100+ Alert Defense Missions where we barely relied on weapons at all; with a Nova, Mag and Rhino who have Energy Siphone equipped you can pretty much AOE spam your way into victory.

My go-to weapon is actually my Ether Reaper, at least for low-mid level stuff. There are only a handful of enemies it can't knock to the ground (Soul Punch has great coverage for this, the rag-dolling on that is amazing sometimes).

I think the 30% is just fine; I don't even have mine leveled up. It costs such a ridiculous amount of credits to get those mods to their max level, I usually settle with the one right below it (also that's one less point so it's easier to use them with new frames or cram more defensive stuff on my frames).

I do wish melee would see a damage buff; it would be nice if the charge attacks weren't in a completely different category ... why don't you just debuff killing blow a little and let pressure point affect charges too? A shotgun can do 1000+ Damage with one shot up close, why would it be so bad for a charged melee strike to do the same?

Edited by sagebrushfire

Guns are not the be-all and end-all element of this game. I've done Lv. 100+ Alert Defense Missions where we barely relied on weapons at all; with a Nova, Mag and Rhino who have Energy Siphone equipped you can pretty much AOE spam your way into victory.

My go-to weapon is actually my Ether Reaper, at least for low-mid level stuff. There are only a handful of enemies it can't knock to the ground (Soul Punch has great coverage for this, the rag-doling on that is amazing sometimes).

I think the 30% is just fine; I don't even have mine leveled up. It costs such a ridiculous amount of credits to get those mods to their max level, I usually settle with the one right below it (also that's one less point so it's easier to use them with new frames or cram more defensive stuff on my frames).

I do wish melee would see a damage buff; it would be nice if the charge attacks weren't in a completely different category of thing ... why don't you just debuff killing blow a little and let pressure point affect charges too? A shotgun can do 1000+ Damage with one shot up close, why would it be so bad for a charged melee strike to do the same?

all of those are mostly utility skills. double damage from nova, 50% extra damage from rhino roar and mag pull (im guessing, that´s all that mag can do).

consider that miasma is an ultimate. now, i too don´t like the idea of "4 to win" skills, but don´t think only of miasma. not everyone has saryn, and 4s aren´t the only skills in the game. i made this topic thinking about all the 1 skills which are made useless on high level missions.

1 skills are for spamming, they are weak BECAUSE they can be spammed over 10 times on any frame with a maxed flow (12 times with 300 energy, more with streamline).

Mag's pull would become MASSIVELY OP with a 100% focus, dealing 600 damage in a HUGE area with a good CC for 25 energy!

Excal's slash dash would be dealing 1k damage for 25 energy!

Ash's shuriken would be dealing 1k damage too!

Nekro's soul punch ALSO does 1k damage!

Nova gets 6 shots of 300 damage (1.8k)!

Vauban gets 10 shots from a tesla, each dealing 300 damage, that's 3k damage!

Saryn would deal (6 * 20 * 15 =) 1800 that spreads, if all ticks go off.

Ember deals 400 with fireball, and then an extra 1600 (2k total)

Volt does 400 damage which would then chain to 5 other enemies (1.2k damage)

Rhino does 1300 with his charge.

And that's for ONLY 1 skills. Ash does 4k damage with his ult!

Edited by KvotheTheArcane1

Not everyone has saryn, but they have nova, ember( who would actually benefit from  a buff), rhino, ash, mag, frost, banshee, and so on and so forth and the only one that really doesnt' do damage with his ult is Loki.  so you'd be buffing all but one room clearers, while loki vauban and nekros wouldn't gain much benefit from either.  ults are overpowered as they are already, rhino and nova being the more abused ultimates

1 skills are for spamming, they are weak BECAUSE they can be spammed over 10 times on any frame with a maxed flow (12 times with 300 energy, more with streamline).

Mag's pull would become MASSIVELY OP with a 100% focus, dealing 600 damage in a HUGE area with a good CC for 25 energy!

Excal's slash dash would be dealing 1k damage for 25 energy!

Ash's shuriken would be dealing 1k damage too!

Nekro's soul punch ALSO does 1k damage!

Nova gets 6 shots of 300 damage (1.8k)!

Vauban gets 10 shots from a tesla, each dealing 300 damage, that's 3k damage!

Saryn would deal (6 * 20 * 15 =) 1800 that spreads, if all ticks go off.

Ember deals 400 with fireball, and then an extra 1600 (2k total)

Volt does 400 damage which would then chain to 5 other enemies (1.2k damage)

Rhino does 1300 with his charge.

And that's for ONLY 1 skills. Ash does 4k damage with his ult!

and that´s what should happen in high level missions!

damage skills would be usefull!

most of those skills take time to do all that damage. as an example vauban tesla doing 3k, but it takes so, so long to do all of that damage.

AND THEN there armor! 3k - armor equals nothing.

if you read the topic, i said maybe  100%, if not 60% or 90%

and i too said that maybe they should nerf flow a bit.

and compare that to guns, with focus doing 100% and flow as it is now. guns are still way more powerfull.

at least not as powerfull compared to before, but still more powerfull.

what is yout awnser to that?

and that´s what should happen in high level missions!

damage skills would be usefull!

most of those skills take time to do all that damage. as an example vauban tesla doing 3k, but it takes so, so long to do all of that damage.

AND THEN there armor! 3k - armor equals nothing.

They ALREADY are useful, they ALREADY deal more damage than ults most of the time (this simply widens the gap)

All of the skills minus 3-4 I think IGNORED ARMOR (ember, vauban, volt)

if you read the topic, i said maybe  100%, if not 60% or 90%

and i too said that maybe they should nerf flow a bit.

I was using 100% for easy numbers and not have to think about what an extra 30% would be.

Nerf flow? Nah, that just makes ults less usable, and people simply swap to spamming 1.

and compare that to guns, with focus doing 100% and flow as it is now. guns are still way more powerfull.

at least not as powerfull compared to before, but still more powerfull.

what is yout awnser to that?

Guns will always outdamage skills (over time, not in a burst), but so what? We're talking about skills, not skills compared to X or Y. Sills ALSO hit more than one enemy at a time, through walls, AND generally CC them in some way.

My answer is you're wrong, and you;re not thinking what you purpose does. Nerfing flow = less ult spam, more 1 spam. Buffing focus makes damaging 1 skills OP. I can kill EVERYTHING with a mag who does ~480 (if a 60% focus) fairly fast, and of decent level.