Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Hemera Luxium Exposure (Or Sun Tileset idea)

Zahnrad

For years I've been wanting a Tileset based around the Sun in Warframe, as its the one thing that seems to be the most neglected and ignored.

Behind the Name:

Spoiler

To breakdown the name I've used for this.

Hemera = Greek word for Day

Lux = Latin word for Light

Suffix -ium = "Used to form the temporary systematic element name of a metallic or nonmetallic element which is postulated to exist, or which has been newly synthesized and has not yet been assigned a permanent name." -Wikipedia page for '-ium'  https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/-ium

Roughly translating into Day Light/Daylight Metal or some other material of value

"Tenno, for years the Corpus have bled the system of its resources. Like Jupiter this is no different. Before you awoke the Corpus had been establishing stations orbiting around our Star in an attempt to squeeze every last credit, these stations only number in the hundreds, barely a scratch on its surface. In any other scenario they'd best be left ignored but recently they've made a discovery. With the return of the Sentients the raw sunlight and plasma has been providing them with a new, unstable resource. Refined, concentrated and coagulated. They call it 'Luxium'. Intel suggests inert Sentient energies originating from this material. If the Corpus manage to unlock these secrets it may become Eidolon. We may face two Sentient threats."

The Sun in Warframe has been ignored for a long time and I find it to be potential worth exploring. I've also been fascinated by the idea of a Dyson Sphere, a structure that is built around a Sun or Star to collect all the energy radiating from it. Like a Solar array but it's an entire star. That being said. A dyson sphere isn't something that can easily be hidden. Unless it was incomplete or in a very early stage, so instead I opt for a Dyson Swarm, the same idea as a Dyson Sphere, except instead of a singular structure, like a network it's made up of small disconnected structures surrounding it. But again I'm not fond of it encompassing the entire Star, so I'd rather this be seen as a more "recent" venture in terms of Warframe's large timescale.

By designating hundreds are built yet amount to nothing I want to implicate the immense size of our Sun to be much more difficult to simply wrap orbitting stations around and calling it a day, it's an operation and undertaking that probably won't be fulfilled even with the entire system contributing. I could take a cheap copout and say "Oh Orokins did this." but I feel we can do better than another case of Orokin Terraform magic. By implying something Sentient scares them from the sun it could explain why they had never developed their own.

I also want a reason for us to go there. For something to have always existed and to have never been mentioned I think it deserves reason for the Tenno's apathy, along with a reason for us to suddenly gain interest in it. Hastening Corpus amalgam research and other technology. Some of this material appears to come "alive" when skin conctact of those of Orokin blood, and the Corpus are survivors of the Orokin's middle class. Unlike the Corpus Amalgams, this Sentient biomass is "headless" like the Eidolons, and does not form a symbiotic relationship, rather a parasitical one. Taking over reckless crewmen.

The tileset and structures themselves I imagine to be a rather boxy, space station white in an attempt to deflect unwanted sunlight from areas not desired, while also paradoxically being covered in windows (don't worry. this stuff is much stronger than your regular Corpus frigate glass, or for a more recent reference. A Cybertruck.) Let's not forget the classic Sci-Fi trope of heatshields. Despite the seemingly perfect state of these structures, they can be incredibly flawed should you know how. The Corpus have areas located all over the stations to dispose of Cargo, having sections out in the open where walls violently slam seal around a cube shaped area, and an above hatch is opened fitting the area the walls surrounding and the heat shield is removed in that segment of the station. Vaporizing whatever material and cargo the Corpus are too lazy to dispose of properly. The Corpus aren't exactly known for their Health and Safety standards, so if a Moa, Osprey or a Crewman or two get caught in there, Management don't typically hear of it.

Edited by Zahnny

A frame i suggest we can make for this

A solar flare incased by a luxium frame the guardian born from the blessing of our center star merged with the ashes of the enemy. Solaria rises to defend our sun to prevent the corpus from abusing its power.

_warframe_fan_concept__solias_by_trollfa

Solaria the hexium blight

Stats

(WIP)

Abilities

Passive-When enemies look at her for 3 straight seconds they are blinded.  Additionally enemies touched by her abilities are marked as sunkissed which will make them blow up in scorching flame on death dealing the killing blow damage to nearby enemies in heat damage. (5m is the explosion and can be increased by PR)

1)Solar Flare-In a cone launch a heatful wave dealing 200/300/400/500 radiation damage and burn the enemy for 20/30/40/50 for 3s. 

2)Photosynthesis-Temporarily become invunerable for 5s and taunt all nearby enemies(30m) and empower their damage by 200% however also making them deal no damage to other allies. At the end of the duration heal 25/50/75/100%(increased by power strength) of the damage dealt to you and stagger enemies within 20m while also making them take 50% more damage from all sources. (200% cause theyre most likely not going to continuously fire at you due to her passive)

3)Chain reaction-Make enemies who are sunkissed manually explode dealing 500/600/700/800 heat damage. 

4)Interstaller collapse-corpse of sunkissed enemies can be turned into a star that will die quickly then turn into a white dwarf if tapped or a black hole if held. Black holes suck in enemies and constantly deal 100 radiation damage to sucked in enemies(30m suck range and last 12s. White dwarfs can be picked up by her or by allies to heal for 100 p/s(increased by power strength) to both shields and health pool and can grant overshields(last for 10s). However at the end of its duration it becomes a black hole for 2s while also instantly dropping from allies.

Edited by weeaboopotato