The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

High RAM usage in missions that persists after leaving

Periselene

Hi, I wanted to start a topic on this in case it's affecting more people than me. Ever since one of the hotfixes this past week, my ram usage (more than) doubles once I load into a mission, more severely with open world zones (Orb Vallis/Plains), and I can definitely feel it slowing everything down and making the machine work harder. Task Manager would show warframe's executable using 1,100,000kb to 1,500,000kb while I'm in orbiter or a regular mission, and then it would go to between 3,100,000kb and 3,900,000kb once I participate in open world maps. On some occasions the game exceeded usage of more than 4,700,000kb which is more than highly demanding games with texture packs and such. The weird part is that, okay I can understand a big map uses more resources but it continues to hog all that extra memory after I've gone back to the Orbiter. The in-game resource monitor doesn't line up with the actual memory usage - the game would show me as sitting at 1200mb after returning to the Orbiter but it was still more than 2500-3000mb in Task Manager. The only way to lower this is to alt f4 the game and log in again. I've had to restart the game maybe 10 times today alone because I go to do a bounty and then notice the immense resource drain.

If it matters, Windows 7 SP1 - GTX 970 - 16GB RAM .

The issue may be failing to empty out unneeded memory after a mission is finished.

Edited by Periselene

8 hours ago, Periselene said:

If it matters, Windows 7 SP1 - GTX 970 - 16GB RAM .

Having it use up to 8 GB of system memory is fine for a computer with 16 GB of system memory. The slow down is probably something else.

Options, Texture memory, try Low or medium.
NVidia GTX 970 go very slow when trying to use more then 3.5 GB of video memory. More information with internet search. https://www.google.com/search?q=GTX+970+memory+problem

High CPU usage during and a short time after loading screen is probably ok, as long as it doesn't repeat when loaded to same location. Shader cache should be on. https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1088029-massive-cpu-useage/