Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion towards problem of host migration

DatLoon

Hello. I am frequent player of Warframe, 3 years+. As many of us, I had ups and downs of connectivity. I encountered small amounts of bugs actually. But there is always a big elephant which keeps sitting around us, and it keeps breaking our dishes. It’s not particularly host migration itself (bc sometimes it finishes w/o problem), it’s loot loss due to mission cancellation or reset because host migration may never be finished or pop even in solo mission. 

I am no pro in these questions so I am not aware if this problem may be solved in current Warframe circumstances. But if possible, I would ask official answer if dev team ever considered or thought about immediate loot registration in game. 99% of connectivity issues, IP trouble (like in my homeland), migrations and kicks would be solved or at very least less frustrating if game would have a loot registrered on our account right after we got it or picked it up.

Considering length of endless missions and amount of extremely rare loot we could have in it, it’s crucial to know that our loot is secured. I couldn’t find any similar themes about it so I apologize if this topic was brought up already. I KNOW that immediate loot registration on pick-up can lead to grieving or leaving. But people already do that when they see wrong relic or lack of meta frames et cetera et cetera. There always will be certain sort of cheating in either system, but loot registration will cease constant nervousness many of us have.

I am very interested in other players feedback towards it aswell.

I agree with that. Can't say anything about technical aspect of it. But if game will have some kind of system registering\saving loot it will be much more pleasant experience. Losing loot is  persisting problem. Aside from regular host migrations evaporating all the resourses there are different "crashes" and conection issues leading to the same result.
Just resently I was solo free roaming on Orb Vallis for about an hour. Gathered tonns of resourses. Copernics, toroids, rare gems. As soon as I returned to Fortuna game froze with "Please Wait" message on the screen. I waited for 20 minutes - no change. So I shut the game down. Fortunately THIS TIME the game actually managed to save my loot! But this is the only time it happened. In all other cases loot was irreversibly lost.
So yeah - having loot registration would be extremely helpfull addition to the game.

I would prefer if they implemented a solo transition instead of host migration, meaning if the host leaves (either intentionally or not) the game sends the 3 players into solo instances so they can keep playing or can leave at their own pacing.

Right now the host migration depends....well....on the host, so if the host for some reason can't host (quiting mid loading screen) then the other 2 players end up failing to join the new host and so the misison is lost.

To reduce intentional host migration (sometimes used by some players to intentionally cause problems to the rest of the squad) and to make sure most players are able to keep the rewards, a solo transition would be my bet for 2020 for DE to tackle.