The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Brand new pc, not working just with Warframe

Ryder15

Hi, I just bought a new pc (3000 euros) and it's perfect, every game is fine, except for warframe:
the problem is when I run my Warframe at full screen (2560x1440 resolution) the game run at 12 fps...(That s the resolution I use for all my games, I have a 2k monitor). Also I did not even started to play, since the problem is evident also in the login screen. I discovered that when I run the game at slower resolution the fps increases, just when I reach something really low like 900x600 or around that the game runs at 60 fps.
I have a rtx 2080 ti, a i7 9700k, and 32gb of ram ddr4, video drivers already updated to last version. I tried every possible change in video settings and also tried to change direct x 11 to 10 in warframe's client settings. Also I disabled my antivirus and also discord overlay (sometime that gave problems), but nothing...
Any help? I really don't know what to do...

Hi, my game is instant crashes on fullscreen mode (still looking for answer but nobody knows gtx1070oc), but try use native borderless windowed mode. It helped me a lot, btw from this rising tide update the fps drops so hard in borderless mode like never before, but aye hope we got some hotfix for it...

1 hour ago, Alchemist94 said:

Hi, my game is instant crashes on fullscreen mode (still looking for answer but nobody knows gtx1070oc), but try use native borderless windowed mode. It helped me a lot, btw from this rising tide update the fps drops so hard in borderless mode like never before, but aye hope we got some hotfix for it...

Sadly, my game have a different problem. I tried to use winodw mode, bordless and full screen but nothing change. What really is giving me some effects is setting the resolution to a lower one, the more I decrease, the higher the fps are, reaching 60 fps only to a really low resolution (compared to my specs and monitor). But thank you for your advice!

10 hours ago, KCToxic said:

Did you make sure in your Nvidia settings that you're forcing warframe to use your 2080? You can force it in the program settings tab under Manage 3D Settings in the Nvidia control panel. 

I'm whatching the nvidia control panel, and I m looking for what you described: under "Manage 3d Settings" I found "Add a program" and I added warframe, but there is a list of graphic settings I can select. How to set my graphic card as standard ? Is enough to add the game like this ? Or have I to select a specific option to force the game to use my vga?

7 hours ago, Ryder15 said:

I'm whatching the nvidia control panel, and I m looking for what you described: under "Manage 3d Settings" I found "Add a program" and I added warframe, but there is a list of graphic settings I can select. How to set my graphic card as standard ? Is enough to add the game like this ? Or have I to select a specific option to force the game to use my vga?

Once you have a program selected, if you have more than one graphics card there will be a second drop down that asks which processor to use for the program. Open it and select your nvidia card.

If that option is not available and you have geforce experience installed you could see if there are new drivers or optimizations for it to use.