Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So I Heard About The Elemental Changes Coming

MageMeat

EDIT: Thanks for replies, rumours can be worrisome and surprisingly believable at times.

Recently, around the forums I've heard that elemental effects will only proc on critical hits.

Ex. Fire will stun on critical ONLY

What if ice effects only work this way?

Weapons with 5% critical chance and lower will effectively be almost useless in the realm of crowd control, as the ice elemental is rather common and a great help, especially in maps where swarms of enemies (mobile defense, for example) often spawn.

I don't think this change will not make all weapons more balanced towards each other.

To quote a person from another thread: So, instead no armor ignore - bad weapon, we will get low crit chance - bad weapon?

Edited by MageMeat

Are you worried about your ice mods? They seem quite OP right now, almost more so than AP damage.

I think that a lot is getting changed in this armor update, and the entire way crit works will get revamped. We already got a glympse with mods like beserker, we could get something like that for other guns.

Crits were an after though in the closed beta, something that you only put on some weapons. The first ones that I remeber were the snipetron and the vipers, but that was a LONG time ago.

Lets not cry fowl at a system we have been begging for since the begining before its even released.

Are you worried about your ice mods? They seem quite OP right now, almost more so than AP damage.

I think that a lot is getting changed in this armor update, and the entire way crit works will get revamped. We already got a glympse with mods like beserker, we could get something like that for other guns.

Crits were an after though in the closed beta, something that you only put on some weapons. The first ones that I remeber were the snipetron and the vipers, but that was a LONG time ago.

Lets not cry fowl at a system we have been begging for since the begining before its even released.

after thought what people put 100% crit chance on there hek and gorgons all the time the pistols didnt have many mod slots tho i dont know if  it was possible with them if you did put 100% crit chance on a pistol it would not have any space left over for damage or elements

Scott said: "They are going to look at every mod, every weapons, and every NPC in game to give them at least some amount of a balance pass".

Not gonna happen that easily. At the very least they can start bringing up critical hit/damage mods first.

Like True Steel, Target Cracker and Organ Shatter.