Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What If Warframes Had Resistances?

M33k123

As much as it pains me, JDante made the most sense out of this whole debacle thread. EMBER, is not a fire element frame. She does not produce fire from herself. EMBER uses energy to superheat the air, that is her parameter. There's no rationalizing a resistance to fire without adding, i.e. a mod for, fire resistance. Likewise, FROST uses energy to play with the local water vapor, he doesn't produce ice from himself. SARYN is resistant to her own poison which she releases from storage to damaging effect, however there is no pretense for forming resistance to other poisons...

Hence, there's really no rationale for having WF innate resistance other than mods.

Well... eh.  Back when they were using flamethrowers on the field, soldiers who were working with or around them were given fire-resistant clothing.  Since the Warframes are power armor, I think deliberately designing their armor to resist possible self-inflicted harm makes sense.  Ember/fire damage in particular.

I'm not strongly advocating adding resistance to warframes.  I think it's kind of intuitive, but it's also kind of a waste of time to work out.  It really wouldn't affect gameplay very much but it would probably mean adding a new system that has to be maintained.