Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Little summary of my Railjack missions experience (well, actually rant)

lukasystem

The good:

+ fun experience, really feels like the old-school space shootig games when i was a kid.

+ features like enemies and weapon/abilities style, tactical and such are well made.

+ as always customization is top-notch

+ environment looks good and really large

The bad (a lot):

+ bugs to no end (every bug imaginable is possible within these missions, from getting stuck on Slinghshot, to suddenly getting all tenno arcanes and abilities disabled or going out with AW as normal, and then suddenly using normal warframe weapons while AW (also flying with AW inside the Railjack, was funny that one).

+ absolute lack of tutorial/information on what to do, first mission was hell on so many levels.

+ enemy scaling per mission compared to the amount of grinding towards getting better weapons is abysmal, and initial mods don't make so much of a difference since after the 5th or 6th node anything will one-shot you unless you try-hard them with your archwing, especially crew spaceships.

+ wreck components/weapons and resources required for them are absurd 3k pustrels for the same MK1 core with less power than other asking for 2.4k. Not to mention the stat RNG making it even worse. Really bad design.

+ going solo is brain suicide, the amount of crap needed to do in order to succeed is stressful and punishing the grinded materials even further, sometimes even a squad of 4 can't perform properly, with 3x chances of them screwing it all up. from navigating the railjack against a death-star ray building or crew ship, to just refining materials when there's no more left for omni tool (imo things like managing the forge resources should be restricted and for use of host/ship owner only, or just get rid of the refine button, it makes no sense).

+ there's no info on what happens with resources and the rest of the squad or how to properly extract at the end of the missions, sometimes resulting in losing all materials.

TL,DR version: this rushed content it's not even properly executed, the same mistake as Kuva lich system. While the latter resulting in more of a tedious trial and error chore. Railjack missions feel like a stress test on how many bad features it has, and there's a lot.

Seriously i'd prefer waiting till next year for this, than forcing me into a chaotic co-op experience.

• Like 2

On the ps4 side there are a couple of de apologist that defend this mess and they don't have the RailJack even remotely done and they go "it's only been out for a week so it's going to have some bugs"

I rely on the experience of you PC players as you guys get the update what a month if not longer before consoles?

So hearing these massive bugs makes me warry of completing my RailJack.

Part of getting this first phase is certainly to get feedback so they can make changes. And saying that it was rushed seems poor judgement seeing as it was delayed significantly.

-The bugs to no end. Yes. There's bugs. Personal experience hasn't given me many issues with them. A good few of them I can chop up to my incredibly bad internet struggling during online play. I have come across one game breaker. And that was me leaving a station and suddenly not being in Archwing but rather being on foot, in space. I ignored the fact that I was in space and just kinda was able to walk on a flat plane in space and use my guns. My Vectis Prime one-shot fighters no problem. It was nice for the Railjack crew because I had a hitscan sniper rifle.

-Lack of tutorial. Yes. There is no tutorial. But there is a free flight mode to help a player adjust to piloting, crafting, and shooting. Plus this stuff really isn't that complicated. And with failure comes teaching. Sure, a little bit of help would be nice. But Railjack isn't something that someone can't just simply learn by doing it. It's like playing Mario and learning how to jump from platform to platform.

-Enemy Scaling. So far, the scaling issue I've had is the armor on Grineer Crew members. I've done the entire of Earth solo, with the default Apoc, ordinance, and artillery. Is scaling rough? Actually I think it has been better so far. The difficulty has climbed each mission. That is a good thing. I am terrified of how tough Veil will be compared to Earth, and how much stronger my ship will be by then.

-The high costs are fine. A single map can contain a lot of resources if you look for them. The map holds a lot more resources than the enemies now. This I wholeheartedly agree with. They are rewarding searching the map.

-Going solo is not brain suicide. I've managed to take down Earth no problem on my own. All it took was some time getting Dirac to upgrade avionics, and some time getting intrinsics. Patience was my ally and I managed to explore and find the tools necessary for me to perform adequately on my own. I even saw a thread of someone talking about finishing the last mission on Veil solo. It is very much doable, and just takes a more patient mindset currently due to the lack of Command. Also, for the love of all engineers out there, NO. As someone who finds myself jumping into the engineering role when in Public, managing breaches and resources is one of the jobs I have. And engineering would be completely useless if we had to ask the host to come down and make us some goo to spray on his ship because there's a catastrophic failure imminent and I don't have the goo I need because I can't make it.

-Sure, there's nothing telling you what to do about how to bank resources and how to extract. But a little inquisitiveness is too much to ask it seems. I on my first mission found the refine button and found out it took what I had for combat forging and increased the amount and sent it to my inventory. Then I wondered what to do now that the mission was complete. There was no extract and I was just still there. Sitting there. In a basically flex-glued ship in the middle of space. Then I remembered the ship had a navigation panel. So I opened that. And suddenly I saw the dry dock. I went there to see if I had anything new to craft or level up. Boom extracted. I understand some tutorial would be nicer, such as a quick little rundown by Cy on repairing, and what the forges do, but do we really need our hands held? If the game walks us through everything, it's not a game anymore. It's a ride in an amusement park. Guess Goofy's weight! Win a prize!

Just wait for more updates. They will fix soon those bugs. 

As you said no tutorials at all , I'm getting players who joining and just running inside of abipy cause they don't known what they are doing.

I gave up , I'm waiting a month until they fix bugs. Until then I'm not playing rj.

hace 6 horas, CaptainMinty dijo:

Part of getting this first phase is certainly to get feedback so they can make changes. And saying that it was rushed seems poor judgement seeing as it was delayed significantly.

-The bugs to no end. Yes. There's bugs. Personal experience hasn't given me many issues with them. A good few of them I can chop up to my incredibly bad internet struggling during online play. I have come across one game breaker. And that was me leaving a station and suddenly not being in Archwing but rather being on foot, in space. I ignored the fact that I was in space and just kinda was able to walk on a flat plane in space and use my guns. My Vectis Prime one-shot fighters no problem. It was nice for the Railjack crew because I had a hitscan sniper rifle.

-Lack of tutorial. Yes. There is no tutorial. But there is a free flight mode to help a player adjust to piloting, crafting, and shooting. Plus this stuff really isn't that complicated. And with failure comes teaching. Sure, a little bit of help would be nice. But Railjack isn't something that someone can't just simply learn by doing it. It's like playing Mario and learning how to jump from platform to platform.

-Enemy Scaling. So far, the scaling issue I've had is the armor on Grineer Crew members. I've done the entire of Earth solo, with the default Apoc, ordinance, and artillery. Is scaling rough? Actually I think it has been better so far. The difficulty has climbed each mission. That is a good thing. I am terrified of how tough Veil will be compared to Earth, and how much stronger my ship will be by then.

-The high costs are fine. A single map can contain a lot of resources if you look for them. The map holds a lot more resources than the enemies now. This I wholeheartedly agree with. They are rewarding searching the map.

-Going solo is not brain suicide. I've managed to take down Earth no problem on my own. All it took was some time getting Dirac to upgrade avionics, and some time getting intrinsics. Patience was my ally and I managed to explore and find the tools necessary for me to perform adequately on my own. I even saw a thread of someone talking about finishing the last mission on Veil solo. It is very much doable, and just takes a more patient mindset currently due to the lack of Command. Also, for the love of all engineers out there, NO. As someone who finds myself jumping into the engineering role when in Public, managing breaches and resources is one of the jobs I have. And engineering would be completely useless if we had to ask the host to come down and make us some goo to spray on his ship because there's a catastrophic failure imminent and I don't have the goo I need because I can't make it.

-Sure, there's nothing telling you what to do about how to bank resources and how to extract. But a little inquisitiveness is too much to ask it seems. I on my first mission found the refine button and found out it took what I had for combat forging and increased the amount and sent it to my inventory. Then I wondered what to do now that the mission was complete. There was no extract and I was just still there. Sitting there. In a basically flex-glued ship in the middle of space. Then I remembered the ship had a navigation panel. So I opened that. And suddenly I saw the dry dock. I went there to see if I had anything new to craft or level up. Boom extracted. I understand some tutorial would be nicer, such as a quick little rundown by Cy on repairing, and what the forges do, but do we really need our hands held? If the game walks us through everything, it's not a game anymore. It's a ride in an amusement park. Guess Goofy's weight! Win a prize!

Sorry but saying poor judgement for the amount of time it took them to deliver this it's not the case, considering they're supposed to test these stuffs before-hand, if they want testers for such thing i gladly volunteer, but you're supposed to do the stress testing on another end, like a "PBE" version. Otherwise your exposing the game to the hyped players and for them to react like myself like "this is bugged AF", the main problem is that some people wasted their time because of this, getting no rewards or materials, so that's why they're supposed to prevent these kind of things, not force release it into public server.

hace 8 horas, (PS4)Aneres_Omega dijo:

On the ps4 side there are a couple of de apologist that defend this mess and they don't have the RailJack even remotely done and they go "it's only been out for a week so it's going to have some bugs"

I rely on the experience of you PC players as you guys get the update what a month if not longer before consoles?

So hearing these massive bugs makes me warry of completing my RailJack.

In my case i didn't suffer any gamebreaking bugs, but i heard of people doing Galeon missions for 40 minutes and the moment a certain door is supposed to open, but it won't allow further progress, and thus forcing into mission abort.